Hickman Co. 57, Lewis Co. 54 - Officiating Questionable

PageMan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you remember, Marshall Co. did have their way with Lewis Co. in the 1st half of the 2nd game. Then they relaxed and by the time they stopped relaxing.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> you are right because at halftime we were down 16 pts but that just the point

we don't give up

I have never been a registered member of coacht, I have just always logged on to see the topics, but never had a desire to post. However, after reading Page Man's post, I could not resist. First of all, big Congrats to the Hickman County Lady Dawgs. I feel that it is very disrespectful to not give them the credit they deserve, they absolutely played their tails off last night. It has been a while since they have been successful and they deserve to enjoy this win without someone blaming Lewis County's loss on the officials. Calls were missed on both sides and good calls were made on both sides, as every night. Yes I agree that the foul called on #3 was questionable and confusing, however, it by no means determined the outcome of the game. The officials were letting a lot go on under the basket on both sides. Anderson and McKinney got away with a lot and even got away with the pushing and shoving going on after the whistle, on several occasions. BUT, the one thing that you are completely mistaken about Page Man, is Anderson's three-pointer at the end of the game. Brittany Powers played great defense on her, especially that particular play, she was straight up and the only contact that was made was due to Anderson falling and leaning into Powers hoping for a foul. Lewis County is known for their dramatic flopping, the only difference in last night's game was that the officials didn't buy into that. If I am not mistaken, the fouls were pretty much even and I think that Hickman County only shot 5 or 6 more free throws than Lewis County, which is to be expected since Lewis County pressed the majority of the night. However, I didn't really come on here to argue about officiating, I just want to give the Lady Dawgs the credit they deserve for playing their hearts out, WITH GOOD ATTITUDES AND SPORTSMANSHIP, and ending up with the victory.

GO DAWGS

As a Lady Dawgs fan I want to say Thank You for your class....you guys always put a good product on the floor.....it just happened to be our night....glad we did not have to play a couple of more minutes.....