11-AAA

Metroman

I was looking at some stats earlier and noticed that the four teams remaining in 11-AAA all have a pretty good shot at getting to the state tournament. Hillsboro, Independence, and Brentwood all have 20 wins and have beaten some pretty good teams (Mt. Juliet, Dickson County, Clarksville NE, Columbia, Ezell Harding). I am curious what will happen in substate because all 4 of these teams (and McGavock) have a good shot to make a run.

I really think 6-AAA gets a bad rap for being a weak region. When, in reality, any region that has to go through region 5-AAA is going to have a hard time advancing to state. That being said, Brentwood (twice I think), Hillsboro, Antioch, Hunters Lane, and Overton have all made the state tournament in the last 8 years. 6-10 vs. 5-AAA in substate games isn't total domination.

I was looking at some stats earlier and noticed that the four teams remaining in 11-AAA all have a pretty good shot at getting to the state tournament. Hillsboro, Independence, and Brentwood all have 20 wins and have beaten some pretty good teams (Mt. Juliet, Dickson County, Clarksville NE, Columbia, Ezell Harding). I am curious what will happen in substate because all 4 of these teams (and McGavock) have a good shot to make a run.

I really think 6-AAA gets a bad rap for being a weak region. When, in reality, any region that has to go through region 5-AAA is going to have a hard time advancing to state. That being said, Brentwood (twice I think), Hillsboro, Antioch, Hunters Lane, and Overton have all made the state tournament in the last 8 years. 6-10 vs. 5-AAA in substate games isn't total domination.

I agree that 11-AAA isn't as bad as most say. Well that is Hillsboro, Independence, Brentwood, and also Ravenwood with the huge size advantage given by Madelyn Hutson. I believe that whoever comes out on top of this district has a huge possibility of making it to the state and contending for the championship.

I agree that 11-AAA isn't as bad as most say. Well that is Hillsboro, Independence, Brentwood, and also Ravenwood with the huge size advantage given by Madelyn Hutson. I believe that whoever comes out on top of this district has a huge possibility of making it to the state and contending for the championship.

I agree! Hillsboro is the best team but on any given night the other 3 can make a nice run. I am very surprised on how goof this district is. Good luck ladies!

It appears that 11AAA is strong this year and as sometimes happens is stronger some years than others but due some of the Coaching changes in the member schools, it is likely to be more consistantly strong than in the past. That appears to be to be the goal in any District and Region because University coaches will migrate tward those Districts, Regions to find players and reputations for athletics and Academics is what the Schools would like to attain. 11AAA certainly seems to be going in the right direction as long as the Discipline and Student Achievement in all areas of School life is kept at a High Level.

What seems to be disturbing lately is gang violence and Student disorder in some schools which ruins a good thing for a lot of students. Not saying 11AAA has any schools in that catagory but that could happen generally in any District or Region. This poster would hope this brings everything is the perspective it should be.

What seems to be disturbing lately is gang violence and Student disorder in some schools which ruins a good thing for a lot of students. Not saying 11AAA has any schools in that catagory but that could happen generally in any District or Region. This poster would hope this brings everything is the perspective it should be.

The disorder you speak of is probably more of an issue in 12AAA than in 11AAA, but does show itself in 11. What is interesting to me is seeing how the school districts around Metro are seeing more of the same types of issues. I hope it doesn't happen, but I feel like there is a pretty good chance the Murfreesboro high schools will deal with these issues over the next 10 years.

The disorder you speak of is probably more of an issue in 12AAA than in 11AAA, but does show itself in 11. What is interesting to me is seeing how the school districts around Metro are seeing more of the same types of issues. I hope it doesn't happen, but I feel like there is a pretty good chance the Murfreesboro high schools will deal with these issues over the next 10 years.

Metro, you are correct and they may have already. But taking a stance and telling the story with as many who look in on this site, is not a bad idea. IMO, this cannot be soft petaled but needs good firm stances no matter where it might be happening.