Dyer County vs. Dyersburg ROUND THREEE

TribeRunEr

You are right. The flex "O" is not to be confused with a pick and roll, but is set off screens generally at either the top of the key or the low post. It is also used to get all the big men on one side of the court so they can run screens and cut to the basket or clear one side of the court so the PG can go one on one. I agree that I don`t recall seeing that type offense run at all last night.

yeah i didn't see it... a saw a couple of pick and rolls but the flex is like you said a series of screens i did not see that from Dyersburg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys...you were supposed to let Saintnute or whatever his name is explain it. I just wnated to see if he actually knew what he was talking about.

I wan't being sarcastic. Sorry if it sounded that way.

Thanks guys...you were supposed to let Saintnute or whatever his name is explain it. I just wnated to see if he actually knew what he was talking about.

I wan't being sarcastic. Sorry if it sounded that way.

Might be waiting a while on ole Saintknute....he could be out in a field on the ground covering his head in shame like the pic posted of his buddy forkeddeer9022.I stopped being all sugar sweet a while back..tried but it seems to do no good. Kids that play..they are all alright...the adults.....well you know how that has gone. Now Trojans3 is alright...good guy..like him much.

Yankee, you claim to be from Jackson--don't believe that. Have read several of your posts. You seem to be trying hard to appear informed, but so far you're efforts are very underwhelming. You admitted on one post that you hadn't seen Dyersburg play this year, but you picked up a free publication, read it cover to cover and became an instant expert on DHS basketball.

As for the comment about losing all of the big games on DHS' schedule this year, you don't have a clue what our "big games" are. Contrary to what your pea sized brain might envision, DC is the only team named above that DHS considers "big". District games should be considered most important by any team that has their priorities straight. Unlike your ignorant post above, every one of the DC posts have reflected team pride in winning the District and have been complimentary of the efforts and good sportmanship displayed by BOTH teams.

You're right about one thing. DHS did lose the games you listed above, but I challenge you to give everyone on here your opinion on how you think the Jackson team you support would have fared against those teams. I can assure you if you think that getting beat by DC by 14-15 points per game is getting "taken to the woodshed", DC would throw your team right through the back wall of the woodshed.

Believe me yankees8589 more than knows what he is talking about.....and I would dare venture to say not all D'burg's comments on this game have been complimentary..not in the least. The guy likes DC's team. I imagine he has seen more games than you this year.

Yankee, you claim to be from Jackson--don't believe that. Have read several of your posts. You seem to be trying hard to appear informed, but so far you're efforts are very underwhelming. You admitted on one post that you hadn't seen Dyersburg play this year, but you picked up a free publication, read it cover to cover and became an instant expert on DHS basketball.

As for the comment about losing all of the big games on DHS' schedule this year, you don't have a clue what our "big games" are. Contrary to what your pea sized brain might envision, DC is the only team named above that DHS considers "big". District games should be considered most important by any team that has their priorities straight. Unlike your ignorant post above, every one of the DC posts have reflected team pride in winning the District and have been complimentary of the efforts and good sportmanship displayed by BOTH teams.

You're right about one thing. DHS did lose the games you listed above, but I challenge you to give everyone on here your opinion on how you think the Jackson team you support would have fared against those teams. I can assure you if you think that getting beat by DC by 14-15 points per game is getting "taken to the woodshed", DC would throw your team right through the back wall of the woodshed.

For your information I am from Jackson. I live in south Jackson.I went to high school in Kenton though. I have two sons that went to Jackson SS. One is a SGT in the Marine Corp and the other is in the Navy. I work for Black and Decker in JACKSON. I have never claimed to be an expert on Dburg basketball. The reason I haven't seen them until last night is that for the most part I only go to the good games. I like to watch good cometetion. I simply don't think Dburg is an elite team and from what I seen last night my opinion was confirmed. OTB magazine covers west tn highschool sports and I have read it cover to cover for the last year and a half. It's a great source of information...you should read it sometime. And if you don't consider Bolivar and Haywood county big games your crazy.Pehaps that's why Dburg lost 13 games this year..because the the other games didn't meet Dburgs standards of a big game LOL. Rememeber this...These are two of the top programs in rural west tn (Bolivar and Haywood). And to be honest with you Jacskon SS stunk this year so i'm not going to get on here and look like a fool about how good we are. Jackosn NS is not that good either but they do have a player by the name of Casey Prather that is one of the most sought after sophmores in the nation. As for Liberty (from JACKSON) Liberty would clean Dburgs clock just like DC has this year. And as a matter of fact DC did take Jackson SS to the woodshed but I'm not crying about it...they beat us by 45 or something like that. And a 15 point margin of victory is a convincing win in anybodys book with the exception of yours. If i'm not mistake DC was up by 23 at one point late in the 4th quarter last night..at that point the game was over. And as far as being informed..I am very well informed on highschool basketball.Heck I played for Marty Sisco at Kenton Highschool. Ever heard of him.Look him up he is a legend in the highschool ranks..His son coaches UC. I have for the most part follwed DC, UC, Bolivar, and Liberty this season because that is the best teams from rural west tn and I want to see those gold balls brougth back to our area. I want to keep them out of the Memphis area just like you should. How many games have you seen this year? I travel all over west tn and make trips to middle tn on occasion. Ever been to the Marshall county hoopfest in KY. One of the most prestigious events in the countrt. I have made the trip a couple of times to watch UC, Boilvar, and Liberty. Did you know Liberty finished ranked number 14 in the country last year? Ever wonder why DC scheduled all those games out of disctrict against 12AA...maybe DC's coach wanted to toughen up his schedule because your district didn't offer up enough good games and he was looking ahead to postseasn and didn't want to @@@@ up all those wins against cupcakes. DC played Bolivar, Liberty, McNairy Central. Liberty got bumped up to AAA this year but keep in mind the last four AA state champs were Bolivar and Liberty both winning back to back chamionships. Nothing wrong with going out of district when your won district dosen't provide the kind of cometetion you need to make a state championship run. And by the way Haywood county has a pretty rich tradtion to. I suspect you nothing more that a HOMER anyway. I have responed and will not respond again to your post. I'm not going to fry my pea sized brain going back and forth with someone like you. My son will be home this summer from his 2nd tour in Iraq this summer...would you like yo meet him? He has a pea brain just like his father. Have a nice day. Life goes on. I have said what I have to say. Misery is an option and I choose the oppositer of misery...Perhaps you should try the same approach to life...It's much better...Trust me.

Dang Kojak..you posted to the WRONG guy to try to make your point. He took YOU to the woodshed twice w/his reply. Yankees8589 follows the game pretty extensively. I had a small moment there where I ALMOST felt embarassed for you....but it very quickly dissipated /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

For your information I am from Jackson. I live in south Jackson.I went to high school in Kenton though. I have two sons that went to Jackson SS. One is a SGT in the Marine Corp and the other is in the Navy. I work for Black and Decker in JACKSON. I have never claimed to be an expert on Dburg basketball. The reason I haven't seen them until last night is that for the most part I only go to the good games. I like to watch good cometetion. I simply don't think Dburg is an elite team and from what I seen last night my opinion was confirmed. OTB magazine covers west tn highschool sports and I have read it cover to cover for the last year and a half. It's a great source of information...you should read it sometime. And if you don't consider Bolivar and Haywood county big games your crazy.Pehaps that's why Dburg lost 13 games this year..because the the other games didn't meet Dburgs standards of a big game LOL. Rememeber this...These are two of the top programs in rural west tn (Bolivar and Haywood). And to be honest with you Jacskon SS stunk this year so i'm not going to get on here and look like a fool about how good we are. Jackosn NS is not that good either but they do have a player by the name of Casey Prather that is one of the most sought after sophmores in the nation. As for Liberty (from JACKSON) Liberty would clean Dburgs clock just like DC has this year. And as a matter of fact DC did take Jackson SS to the woodshed but I'm not crying about it...they beat us by 45 or something like that. And a 15 point margin of victory is a convincing win in anybodys book with the exception of yours. If i'm not mistake DC was up by 23 at one point late in the 4th quarter last night..at that point the game was over. And as far as being informed..I am very well informed on highschool basketball.Heck I played for Marty Sisco at Kenton Highschool. Ever heard of him.Look him up he is a legend in the highschool ranks..His son coaches UC. I have for the most part follwed DC, UC, Bolivar, and Liberty this season because that is the best teams from rural west tn and I want to see those gold balls brougth back to our area. I want to keep them out of the Memphis area just like you should. How many games have you seen this year? I travel all over west tn and make trips to middle tn on occasion. Ever been to the Marshall county hoopfest in KY. One of the most prestigious events in the countrt. I have made the trip a couple of times to watch UC, Boilvar, and Liberty. Did you know Liberty finished ranked number 14 in the country last year? Ever wonder why DC scheduled all those games out of disctrict against 12AA...maybe DC's coach wanted to toughen up his schedule because your district didn't offer up enough good games and he was looking ahead to postseasn and didn't want to @@@@ up all those wins against cupcakes. DC played Bolivar, Liberty, McNairy Central. Liberty got bumped up to AAA this year but keep in mind the last four AA state champs were Bolivar and Liberty both winning back to back chamionships. Nothing wrong with going out of district when your won district dosen't provide the kind of cometetion you need to make a state championship run. And by the way Haywood county has a pretty rich tradtion to. I suspect you nothing more that a HOMER anyway. I have responed and will not respond again to your post. I'm not going to fry my pea sized brain going back and forth with someone like you. My son will be home this summer from his 2nd tour in Iraq this summer...would you like yo meet him? He has a pea brain just like his father. Have a nice day. Life goes on. I have said what I have to say. Misery is an option and I choose the oppositer of misery...Perhaps you should try the same approach to life...It's much better...Trust me.

Hey Yankees 8589, after reading the first part of your post, I have lost all interest in talking basketball with you. Instead I would like to ask you to accept my apology for the stupid,inconsiderate things I said to you in my post. Any man that has two sons serving in the military deserves all the respect that I can possibly give you. If your invitation still stands this summer when your son gets home from Iraq, I would consider it an honor to meet him. I would like to shake his hand and thank him for the sacrifices he's made serving our great country. May God be with you during this time and may He watch over your sons and keep them safe.

Hey Yankees 8589, after reading the first part of your post, I have lost all interest in talking basketball with you. Instead I would like to ask you to accept my apology for the stupid,inconsiderate things I said to you in my post. Any man that has two sons serving in the military deserves all the respect that I can possibly give you. If your invitation still stands this summer when your son gets home from Iraq, I would consider it an honor to meet him. I would like to shake his hand and thank him for the sacrifices he's made serving our great country. May God be with you during this time and may He watch over your sons and keep them safe.

Hey Kojak, that is really classy of you!!! You just earned my respect man!!!

I accept your apology and I would also like to apologize. I said some inconsiderate thing myself. I admit that sometimes I can get out of hand on here and probably will again to be honest. I actually do follow at lot of teams and go to alot of games and I give my unvarnished opinion shen sometimes I proabably shouldn't. And I feel just as strong about my opinions as everyone else does on here. And I would be glad to introduce you to my son. Maybe we can have luch togethere when he comes home. And I really do appreciate you comments. It's a shame the rest of this great country we live in dosen't share your thoughts. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Kojak...that was actually the classiest most considerate post I have read on here the entire time I have been a member. I give you 2 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> up!!!!!!!!! Just made my morning...I'm sitting here smiling with my new teeth from wal-mart /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> JK

Aparently you don't. If you watch any other basketball you will understand. If you don't understand take a class or call Bobby Knight. I know exactly what the offenses and defenses are. We you are pressed it is more of transition game, fast break, etc. With the way DC presses they don't always let you get in to your offensive sets.

GO TROJANS