Spring Hill 69, Marshall Co. 65 in OT

PageMan

#5 Seed Spring Hill came from behind to defeat #1 Seed Marshall Co. in overtime, 69-65, after tying the game at 60 all in the 4th qtr as DeAngelo Williams hit 3 threes and Montae Brown had 8 with 2 threes. Spring Hill was perfect from the line in the OT period hitting 7 of 7 and Epraim Julius had 5 of his 9 pts (3 of 3 FT's) as Spring Hill advanced to the Championship game on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 7:30 against Giles Co. who defeated Lewis Co. in the second semi-final, 61-57. Marshall Co. will face Lewis Co. in the Consolation or 3rd place game at 6:00 PM.

Spring Hill.......17..12....10..21....9.....69

Marshall Co.....21..15....11..13....5.....65

Spring Hill Player Stats:

Montae Brown - 20 pts (4 threes, 4 of 4 FT's), 3 rebs, 2 assts

DeAngleo Williams - 20 pts (4 threes, 0 of 1 FT's), 3 rebs, 2 assts, 1 blk

Freddie Currey - 11 pts (3 of 4 FT's), 12 rebs, 1 asst

Ephraim Julius - 9 pts (3 of 3 FT's), 9 rebs, 3 assts, 1 blk

Randy Stephens - 5 pts (1 three), 3 rebs

Jerome Tucker - 4 pts, 1 reb, 1 asst

Jordan Sandefur - 1 reb, 3 assts

Kyle Witt - 1 reb

Marshall Co. Player Stats:

Deshaun Greer - 20 pts (4 of 4 FT's), 8 rebs, 1 blk

Ryan Nicholson - 16 pts (2 threes, 4 of 7 FT's), 1 reb, 6 assts

Blaise Spencer - 12 pts (3 threes, 0 of 1 FT's), 5 rebs

Hunter Osborne - 8 pts (1 three, 3 of 4 FT's), 4 rebs, 2 assts

Cameron McCullough - 7 pts (1 of 3 FT's), 8 rebs, 5 assts

Jamie Perryman - 2 pts, 2 rebs

Team Stats:

Three Point Goals: SH 9, MC 6

Free Throws: SH 10 of 12 (83.3%), MC 12 of 19 (63.2%)

Rebounds: SH 33, MC 28

Assists: SH 12, MC 13

Blocks: SH 2, MC 1

Fouls: SH 18, MC 13

Turnovers: SH 12, MC 14

Marshall Co. led at the end of the 1st qtr, 21-17, as Osborne had all 8 of his points with 1 three and 3 of 4 FT's, both Greer and Nicholson each had 4, and Spencer hit a three while Spring Hill's Brown had 5 (2 of 2 FT's) and Williams, Currie, and Tucker each had 4.

In the 2nd qtr, MC outscored SH, 15-12, as Greer had 12 (4 of 4 FT's), Perryman had 2, and Nicholson hit 1 of 3 FT's while SH's Currie had 4, both Williams and Stephens each hit a three, and Brown had 2 as MC led at the half, 36-29.

In the 3rd qtr, MC outscored SH, 11-10, as Nicholson hit 2 threes, Spencer hit a three, and Greer had 2 while SH's Williams had 4, Brown hit a three, Julius had 2, and Currie hit 1 of 2 FT's as MC led after 3 qtrs, 47-39.

In the 4th qtr, SH came back by hitting 5 threes to outscore MC, 21-13, as Williams hit 3 threes, Brown had 8 with 2 threes, and both Julius and Stephens had 2 each while MC's Nicholson had 4 (2 of 2 FT's), McCullough had 4 (0 of 1 FT's), Spencer hit a three, but missed a FT, and Greer had 2 as the game went to ovetime tied at 60-60.

In the overtime period, SH outscored MC, 9-5, as Julius had 5 (3 of 3 FT's) and both Brown and Currie hit 2 of 2 FT's while MC's Spencer hit a three and both Nicholson and McCullough each hit 1 of 2 FT's as Spring Hill took the semi-final win at 69-65.

Post #1 now updated with stats.

I'll add one comment - it is rare that a team can come into Lewisburg and beat the Tigers at their own game - three point shooting - but the Spring Hill Raiders did it tonight. Free Throw shooting became a factor in OT as Spring hit 7 of 7 as Marshall Co. was forced to foul. Congratulatons to the Raiders on their big win.

I normally check my reports for scoring errors by checking the box scores in "The Tennessean" the following day, but there was box score shown for either game last night or this morning. I will check all my stats this morning and there could be corrections. If I have made any errors, I apologize in advance.

I have corrected my original post to show Cameron McCullough with an additional assist that happened in overtime on a pass to Blaise Spencer for his three. McCullough now has a total of 5 assists instead of 4 and Marshall Co. now has 13 team assists for the game instead of 12.

• 1 month later...

Marshall County got too relaxed with a 15 point lead late. Spring Hill seems to have played their better games against Marshall Co. this year. Brown and Williams can do it all.

Yes that was a big up set and a great team effort. but we have forgot about that Currie kid, I saw Spring Hill play about 6 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> or 7 games.

Currie avg. 18 points a game in the District also double in rebound every game. This kid is something to watch. Currie let spring hill in scoring,rebounds and blocks and maybe steals also. And did not make the all district team.

How that happen I would like to know. Just want to pass this on. I stand to be corrected if the imformation I got is wrong.

Marshall County got too relaxed with a 15 point lead late. Spring Hill seems to have played their better games against Marshall Co. this year. Brown and Williams can do it all.

Yes that was a big up set and a great team effort. but we have forgot about that Currie kid, I saw Spring Hill play about 6 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> or 7 games.

Currie avg. 18 points a game in the District also double in rebound every game. This kid is something to watch. Currie let spring hill in scoring,rebounds and blocks and maybe steals also. And did not make the all district team.

How that happen I would like to know. Just want to pass this on. I stand to be corrected if the imformation I got is wrong.