what do ya'll think about sycamore running full court press with t

Guest thewaverytigerrock

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12AA is weaker this year...Liberty moved up to AAA. I'm not sure what you heard about Bloivar but I can assue you it's not true. As for last years team that made it all the way to substate...They started two freshman in the backcourt and a sophmore.....Bolivar returned all there starters and has the 12AA player of the year. Bolivar's frontcourt goes like this... Mitch Ross 6'6, Jeremy Rhodes 6'6, and Chris Reaves 6'5.....Reaves will end up 12AA player of the year and Region MVP. Bolivar has at a minimum of 4 players that will play college ball. They also have a sub comming of the bench that has a 40 inch vertical. I will go as far as to say that Bolivar will have the top backcourt in the state in 2010. Don't let anyone mislead you ...this Bolivar team is for real and has one of the best coaches in the entire state and never lacks in the talent department. I have seen Sycamore and Harpeth ( I must admit though...it was last season) and neither is in the same leage as Bolivar. Bolivar plays 10 deep and can shoot the three. Ask Memphis Mitchell about Bolivar. MItchell has three D1 players. I'm not disrespecting your district I'm just stating the obvious. I would rate the two top teams from your district as about even with McNary and Jackson SS of 12AA. Bolivar has a rich tradition and know how to win.

And to the Bolivar team that beat Harpeth lat year in the region semis. Think about this....Harpeth won 30 games last year and got beat by a Bolivar team that started two freshman in the backcourt and was rebuilding after losing Kemp and Chism to graduation. Bolivar had no seniors last year. I think Harpeth had 3 seniors starters last year although I could be wrong. I also think Harpeth had two seniors that are playing in college this year...please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't like to put false info on here like alot of other people. I will say this though...The kid from Harpeth that I call Larry Bird is a very impressive player...I think he commited to play for Wofford next year.....I think his name is Kevin Giltner ot something like that....this kid is really good. Harpeth also has a point guard that really impressed me from last years team...I think he is a Junior this year (not sure though) he had major trouble against Bolivars ball pressure last year but he is also a year older and a year better his year. Maybe Sycamore and Harpeth can compete with 12AA this year but I really don't see it happening. I think McNary beat Harpeth this year in Lexington. McNairy finised number two in 12AA this year.

well yeah i guess i was told wrong . i didnt know all of that. i guess we better watch out then but well see what happens

Good Luck...If Sycamore or Harpeth can beat Bolivar it would be a big accomplishment and you would have bragging rights for a year.... because the last 4 AA state champs have ciome from 12AA.Bolivar is probably going to start a 3 year run to the state this year...but you never know....that's why they play the games.....Look what happened to the Pats in the SuperBowl (I was glad to see that happen)

This thread has gotten a little off track. So with that I'll throw my two cents in on the original topic of Sycamore pressing so late into the game with it's main players. I watched the entire game. Sycamore was ahead by almost 50 points at the half. They did press the entire first half. Is that the way they normally play, from what I have seen, yes. However, they normally are not ahead by that much while still pressing. Now, would I have done this, no it was a bit much. Why? One I don't see what Sycamore was getting out of pressing a team they obviously had beat. Will Harpeth have these same problems, no I don't see that. Two, pressing the way Sycamore does will increase your chances of injury over basic half court man to man. Why risk it? Three, I just can't see the benefit. Maybe I've just mellowed as I've aged. As far as the comment about giving Waverly good practice for the press. Well, I agree to a point. However, I don't believe by about half way through the second period Waverly was getting a lot of positives from continuing against that kind of pressure. However, the Waverly kids will gain from this experience and I'm sure remember it in the future. Now, why you would want to give a team future motivation, I don't know, but the Sycamore Coach I'm sure has his reasons. Now Sycamore's coach is a young guy and with age many coaches begin to see that it is not always about following the "plan", so maybe in another time he might make a different decision. Finally, I will say the Sycamore student section was very classy in the way the handled the second half. They did not attempt to embaress or demean anyone as the game wore on. Some might say the kids knew when to ease up before the adults did?

This situation is a direct reflection of the Sycamore head coach. He has "little man" syndrome. And he is not young either. He has been around the state in high school basketball. He doesn't stay long where ever he ends up because nobody likes him. This game was just a small example of why.

Sycamore has a good basketball team. They didn't have to win by 50 and still press to prove that to anyone. That was just their coach being himself. Maybe it will look good on his resume.

This situation is a direct reflection of the Sycamore head coach. He has "little man" syndrome. And he is not young either. He has been around the state in high school basketball. He doesn't stay long where ever he ends up because nobody likes him. This game was just a small example of why.

Sycamore has a good basketball team. They didn't have to win by 50 and still press to prove that to anyone. That was just their coach being himself. Maybe it will look good on his resume.

And insulting the coach with name calling certainly has great value! do you feel better now?

I wish Pete had left the starters in and whipped you by a 100 points.

He emptied his bench for goodness sake. give it a rest.

And insulting the coach with name calling certainly has great value! do you feel better now?

Oh NO somebody talked about a beloved Sycamore coach!!! Somebody give kiwidad a tissue.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And Sycamore did not press the whole game against Harpeth, so I dont know where you got that from. Maybe they only press against teams that cannot beat the press??? Which is smart, dont get me wrong.

Also last year Bolivar was a good team, but I believe 100% 9 out of 10 times last years harpeth team would have won. It was just one of those games where Harpeth let a 15 point lead get away from them. This year's Bolivar team I know is the real deal, and I hope the best for you guys when you play in the state tournament. Watch out for CPA they are a fantastic team, but your depth might give them fits. Harpeth's didnt but yours might.

Oh NO somebody talked about a beloved Sycamore coach!!! Somebody give kiwidad a tissue.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And Sycamore did not press the whole game against Harpeth, so I dont know where you got that from. Maybe they only press against teams that cannot beat the press??? Which is smart, dont get me wrong.

Also last year Bolivar was a good team, but I believe 100% 9 out of 10 times last years harpeth team would have won. It was just one of those games where Harpeth let a 15 point lead get away from them. This year's Bolivar team I know is the real deal, and I hope the best for you guys when you play in the state tournament. Watch out for CPA they are a fantastic team, but your depth might give them fits. Harpeth's didnt but yours might.

Lol I thought waverly needed the tissue.

Let's keep the personal attacks off here please.. (Referring to coaches that is).

All I need now is wareagle to jump in and my day is complete .

Harpeth played well enough to beat creekwood but I think Tuesdays game will be exciting.

That harpeth bolivar game was a good one last year.

Actually, I do feel better. Sometimes the truth hurts. Sorry, I can't help it your coach resembles Gary Coleman pacing up and down the side line.

Let's see? You would have liked for Pete (first name basis) to have won by 100 points in a high school basketball game? Are you kin folk? Or are you just one of those "win at all cost" coaches in the stands.

Whatever happened to sportsmanship, class and humility in high school sports?

sounds like you and sycamores coach have no class to me. What does winning a high school basketball game by a 100 prove anyway. Grow up!!! as for empting the bench he did it with a 50 point lead in the fourth quarter.

sounds like you and sycamores coach have no class to me. What does winning a high school basketball game by a 100 prove anyway. Grow up!!! as for empting the bench he did it with a 50 point lead in the fourth quarter.

Perhaps you need to go back and look at the roster and see who can be emptied off the bench. Every fit player with the exception of #13 #53 played in the first half didn't they? I know they did.

The halftime score was 56 to 8 and the final score was what? 84 to 26. Sycamore scored 28 points in the second half to Waverly's 18. Sure sounds like they to turned on the gas to me! Had they played the second like the first the score would have ended 112 to 16.

DO THE MATH, SYCAMORE ONLY SCORED 10 MORE PONTS IN THE SECOND HALF THAN WAVERLY!!!! Sounds very much like the dogs were called off!