Ravenwood over Hillsboro!

iluvbball

I have to disagree here. Crouch is really good. She was maybe the best point guard in the district last season as a freshman. When another point showed up, she moved to the four. She can play any position 1-5 and will be a great college player. She is a good shooter and wonderful defender. Don't get me wrong, Hutson is very good, but she is still pretty raw. Also, if she is wearing Orange in a few years, it won't be for basketball. She is widely considered the best high school volleyball player in the country.

Totally agree but Hutson is a very good post but still young. It is really going to be hard for her to do volleyball and basketball over the next few years. I personally want to see her on the basketball court PLAYING basketball!!! I also think Crouch will play D1 ball! Too many people already watching her..

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no argument here, Crouch is the best player in that district and region. She not only takes over at the high school level, but she does it at the AAU and Exposure Circuit level as well. She has interest from Division I schools all over the country. I would say she can play any position 1 - 4 on the floor, but is a better 2 or 3 because she is a good slasher and can finish on the move. She doesn't have a ton of size, but she knows how to use her frame to get position and score in traffic. Her outside shot needs some work, but it is not bad by any means.

Hutson has tremendous upside on the basketball court (iluvbball, can you remember who pointed out how huge she would be for Ravenwood before the season started?), but her heart will always be in volleyball. There have already been rumblings that she will not play basketball after this year (which doesn't surprise me cause she tends to play a year and skip a year). I wish that was not true, but this is a potential Olympic type volleyball player, so I guess you cannot fault her for wanting to go that route.

The first time I saw crouch play, she was at the pg position against a 2/3. She split the top, spun into the post, head faked, went up around the center and had to sweep out her right handed layup because the foward had fronted her in mid-flight. She flipped the ball up around the foward and banked the shot off the glass for two, then dropped back into position like this was everyday flow. This girl is a major player. Her upside is that if she continues on this path one of the top 10 colleges in the country will gladly pay her tuition, so she can shoot the round ball in their team colors. I only became a slight fan of Hillsboros after seeing her play. You can build up who you want, for whatever reason. Crouch is the real deal. I would not be suprised if someone does not try and get her signed early so that no one else gets her. She is not a one position player, and she will play a mean 3, in division 1 ball. The real upside for a college team is that she will be ready to contribute the day she arrives on campus. Good luck to Hillsboro and everyone else.

The first time I saw crouch play, she was at the pg position against a 2/3. She split the top, spun into the post, head faked, went up around the center and had to sweep out her right handed layup because the foward had fronted her in mid-flight. She flipped the ball up around the foward and banked the shot off the glass for two, then dropped back into position like this was everyday flow. This girl is a major player. Her upside is that if she continues on this path one of the top 10 colleges in the country will gladly pay her tuition, so she can shoot the round ball in their team colors. I only became a slight fan of Hillsboros after seeing her play. You can build up who you want, for whatever reason. Crouch is the real deal. I would not be suprised if someone does not try and get her signed early so that no one else gets her. She is not a one position player, and she will play a mean 3, in division 1 ball. The real upside for a college team is that she will be ready to contribute the day she arrives on campus. Good luck to Hillsboro and everyone else.

So do you believe Crouch is the reason for Hillsboro's success??

So do you believe Crouch is the reason for Hillsboro's success??

No. I think you have an excellent team that provides matchup nightmares for most teams in AAA. I also think they have an excellent coach. The other point guard #30 sacrifices for the team, as most good point guards do, but will get you on the 3 if you let her. Youve got the Harrisons inside and I dont know the others but they drive the ball down the floor and run the offense. This is a Team effort at Hillsboro. There are plenty of good players on other teams elsewhere, they just dont have other good players on their team like Hillsboro. This team can beat you with a number of players. I focused on crouch because someone said the freshman over at ravenwood was the best player in the Region, I knew this was a slap at crouch and hillsboro, so I was simply defending her. I do think at this time she is hillsboro's best player individually, but this teams wins because of everyone...The game at Ravenwood was a Hiccup, Hillsboro beat themselves and it just means that the 2nd place team over in 12AAA wont get a second round region game. Ravenwood is not that good, Hillsboro just played that bad.

Why make the claim " they just played that bad". Maybe it should be "Ravenwood played that good".

In the regular season meetings of these two teams Hillsboro dominated by putting pressure on the ball and forcing turnovers. In this game Ravenwood handled all that Hillsboro could throw at them. The guards for Ravenwood played smart and patient and were not flustered by the pressure. They also hit the free throws at the end when it mattered the most.

While I agree Hillsboro is a great team, let's give credit to a team that has improved during the season.

Why make the claim " they just played that bad". Maybe it should be "Ravenwood played that good".

In the regular season meetings of these two teams Hillsboro dominated by putting pressure on the ball and forcing turnovers. In this game Ravenwood handled all that Hillsboro could throw at them. The guards for Ravenwood played smart and patient and were not flustered by the pressure. They also hit the free throws at the end when it mattered the most.

While I agree Hillsboro is a great team, let's give credit to a team that has improved during the season.

I think it was a great win for Ravenwood. Ravenwood was not in position for the win because of the great defense or offense they played. Ravenwood was in postion for the win because Hillsboro could not hit a layup or a free throw. Ravenwood did what they had to do to win and that was keep it close and hope the Hillsboro kept missing. Which Hillsboro did.