Refs Hand Jackson Co. tournament championship

cocoatiger

Being a PC fan it didn't matter who won tonight...but when 2 teams play hard the refs should at least be professional or don't ref. These adults did NOT do their job tonight. The quality of the officiating wasn't on the same level as the players who deserve MUCH better. If JC had been the ones hammered tonight I would be on here saying they deserved to win. These girls have played for years, practiced, played summers, played their hearts out to make a game like this, and for it to as bad as it was tonight isn't right. And I will complain about bad refs every time they are bad regardless of who's playing. I have gone to Murfreesboro and cheered for JC and was very happy every year they won the state title...this has nothing to do with these two great teams. It has to do with terrible officiaitng period.

Bobcat, i want argue that the ref's made bad calls, I agree with you. I watched the pc rbs game and thought they made bad call's in that game on both side's too. I just don't want anyone taking it away from our girls like they didn't play their hearts out, both teams did and yes it need to be called better... I will tell ya this in the rbspc game larry white had something to say to the ref and he listenef then went right over to the pc coach and stood there and said a few things to him and both laughed now it doesn't take a genuis to fiqure out when the pc coach turned and looked that way and laughed. How professional was that of an official and my dog aint in that race. Yes the ref's stunk the gym up tonight just don't take anything away from the girls. It is not fair to them...sad that it has come to this and it is no ones fault but the adults.. Btw How many point to Brittney have for pc tonight she has improved tremendous since earlier two games..Her aunt is a friend of mine, I enjoy watching her play...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a question for our officials that are on the board....will game tape be looked at in this game or will this be dismissed as someone crying because he lost?...that to me in one advantage in basketball and football...it is easy to go back and look at tape of oyur game and "critique" yourself whereas in baseball if there is a tape it is in the press box or it just doesnt exist

Hey man I have harped on this on this board we have another forum that melton07 and ernie has answered some of these questions. It is going to take more than a handful complaining to get something done. I mean we have won games and I still gripe about the calls. What do you do though, It has got two forums going on it. see if you can get in there and help out a lil.. would be appreciated...The calls were bad but I don't think any more one way than the other..somebody need to watch the game tape...I am going to try and get a copy myself...

Hey man I have harped on this on this board we have another forum that melton07 and ernie has answered some of these questions. It is going to take more than a handful complaining to get something done. I mean we have won games and I still gripe about the calls. What do you do though, It has got two forums going on it. see if you can get in there and help out a lil.. would be appreciated...The calls were bad but I don't think any more one way than the other..somebody need to watch the game tape...I am going to try and get a copy myself...

I ASKED THE QUESTION OVER THERE BUT NO RESPONE TO IT...sorry for caps ...so i thought i would ask here also because i know they will look at this thread too...of all the games i have gone too there have only been a couple that i thought the refs was just horrible...

I ASKED THE QUESTION OVER THERE BUT NO RESPONE TO IT...sorry for caps ...so i thought i would ask here also because i know they will look at this thread too...of all the games i have gone too there have only been a couple that i thought the refs was just horrible...

We have had a few games you couldn't complain about a whole lot I know they aren't going to be perfect but i am telling you this game lacked three refs..There was one i think was so so but you know you can't call the game from both ends..You need to come up here if you want to see some ref's not all but some really make you wonder how they got the job..These tourney games are very important to the kid's and they deserve to have them called like they are important this aint practice this is the real thing..Man i wasn't going to bash the ref's to bad...I am sure melton 07 will get on here i will pm to make sure hahah

Here we go again another topic about how the refs screwed a team. Its getting old to keep seeing these posts. Both teams have to play with the same officials and as it was stated earlier in the tournament you have to get some breaks. The officials are not out to screw any team or any coach, thats just is not how it goes. People quit griping you still play on and more than likely will meet again. I am sure both teams played there hearts out and emotions run high. The officials are not to blame the team that makes the plays in the crunch time wins, thats how it always has been and always will be. I will have to say I watched the Upperman/ York game tonight and the officials did an outstanding job, one of the best jobs i have seen all year.

Hate on our refs all you want, wait t'll the reg.tourneys. We will get officials that other regeons have had to endure.

at least the refs. in the state want be living here in this dist.. they want know all the kids and parents from here it should be good and come down to fundamentals witch jc has none of. the are a good shooting team and thats it. push outs and smacking people and six on the floor and double dribbling want get it in the state

i have a question for our officials that are on the board....will game tape be looked at in this game or will this be dismissed as someone crying because he lost?...that to me in one advantage in basketball and football...it is easy to go back and look at tape of oyur game and "critique" yourself whereas in baseball if there is a tape it is in the press box or it just doesnt exist

There is a protocol for getting a game tape submitted for 'viewing'. Both coaches know what the procedure is. This goes for any game during the regular season. Sometimes tape will be 'requested' from the school for evaluation of a crew as well.

Both teams had an opoortunity to win this game, JC got some breaks when they really needed them and thats what good tournament teams do. My hats off to both teams for laying it out on the line. Its a shame anyone has to loose a hard fought game like that. Its games like this that make high school basketball the purest sport left IMO. Jim and Lamar did an outstanding job of getting a gameplan together in order to give their teams a chance to win.

Were there some 'marginal' calls in this game that could have went either way, of course there were. These calls are now magnified by the team that got beat and "BINGO" thats why we got beat. For a game that was played as well as these two teams played, to get on here and take anything away from any of these girls is the real travesty.

well it looks like the refs blew another good game. went to watch c'range vs jc and it should of never went to over time. #52 for jc walked everytime she touched the ball and she carried it right before they hit a three to send it to over time. i think the refs get to caught up in the games and for get they got to call the game not watch it. its bad for c'range players that the refs costed them a game this big.so jc count this one and give thanks to the refs cause they really did give you this one

I HAVE THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR CLARKRANGES COACH AND I THINK THEIR PLAYERS ARE TALENTED. BUT YOU ARE A PPOOR FAN. THE REFS DIDN'T COST ANYONE THE GAME. BAD CALLS ON SIDES OF THE BALL.52 DIDN'T HIT THE TREY. IT WAS 12. GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT IF YOUR GOING TO WHINE. WOULD YOU LIKE SOME CHEES TO GO WITH YOUR WHINE?DON'T GO DISREPECTING OUR TEAM. I HAVE NO PROBLEM CHEERING FOR CLARKRANGE WHEN THEY DON'T PLAY US. BUT, TO GET ON HERE AND SAY YOU WERE ROBBED IS JUST RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE POOR SPORTSMANSHIP TO ME. LOOKS FROM WHERE I WAS SEATING BOTH TEAMS PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT AND BOTH TEAMS DESERVED TO WIN. BUT YOU ARE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE HERE.

at least the refs. in the state want be living here in this dist.. they want know all the kids and parents from here it should be good and come down to fundamentals witch jc has none of. the are a good shooting team and thats it. push outs and smacking people and six on the floor and double dribbling want get it in the state

SINCE YOU LOVE WHINING, PAY COACHT 12.00.

The refs were bad enough when Pickett Co. played Jackson Co. tough in the semifinals with JC being allowed to walk, reach over the back and foul at will with nothing called. PC stayed with them most of the way but couldn't overcome the refs. But tonight it was MUCH worse. Clarkrange won the game. Jackson's #33 walked with the ball before passing off and JC hitting the 3 at the buzzer for overtime. The walk was obvious and was right in front of the ref. That basket never shpould have been counted and the ref should have called the walk even before the pass. They hammered Clarkrange all night...called an over & back which never happened...the heel of her foot never touched the court. JC walked over and over and over with nothing called. A foul by Clarkrange would be called but the same thing at the other end was never called. JC could push a Lady Buffalo out of bounds and it was a turnover instead of a foul. The refs cost Clarkrange at least a dozen points. This was a shameful performance. PC would not have beaten JC even with good refs, but Clarkrange DID beat them. JC can't take any pride in the way the game was handed to them. Everyone around me from Pickett Co. also felt Clarkrange was robbed, not just me. Great game Lady Buffaloes....EVERYONE knows you won.

wow, what a bunch of whiners. I thought the refs stunk up the gym during the rbs and pc game. but, wow to say that we didn't deserve to win cause of the refs. can't folks be happy? I guess not since JC won. I wouldn't get on her disrespecting your team. I thought #22 for pc played great. I think she is the most improved player. I can't believe all the meanful and hateful things that are being said about our team. JC was down by 5 points with .8 left of the clock. Clarkrange was out coached.Period.