new Meigs Coach

Umpire2829

I think when Coach Eller decided to apply for the job it made the principal's job MUCH easier to decide. Several good and qualified applicant's but hiring Eller is a no brainer. Can't argue with his record when he previously coached at Meigs and on top of that is a heck of a good guy. Welcome back Stan, we have missed you.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when Coach Eller decided to apply for the job it made the principal's job MUCH easier to decide. Several good and qualified applicant's but hiring Eller is a no brainer. Can't argue with his record when he previously coached at Meigs and on top of that is a heck of a good guy. Welcome back Stan, we have missed you.

Is that official? When was this made?

Is that official? When was this made?

Chattanooga Times Free Press

Eller returns as Meigs coach

It only took driving back onto the Meigs County High School campus for Stan Eller to realize he wanted to return there as football coach.

Eller, who coached at the Decatur school for 11 years, was named the Tigers??™ head coach Monday. He succeeds Mike Martin, who resigned to become the head coach at East Ridge High.

Full Article Link: Eller returns as Meigs coach

I agree AA, Welcome back to Stan the Man

His career record at Meigs is going 6 and 4 wonder where the logic is.

I will tell where the logic is. In the late 80's Meigs was not a very good football team. Eller takes over as HC and gets a freshman whose name was Gary Meadows. This began the rebuilding job. With the aid of an outstanding youth program, they produce teams that had it all for a school that size. They were big, strong, fast and most importantly well coached. A lot of people are going to say Eller had Webb, Baker, and Martin. Yes, that is true but he was the leader. All those guys were young, inexperienced but built a respected pwerhouse and produced some great coaches. The Tigers had great runs in 93 and 95(only Jermaine Copeland kept them from the Final). After that the regions changed. It was Tyner and Boyd Buchanon(private) turn to dominated. The last 10 years speak for themselves. All started with Stan Eller.

Agree. The best thing Coach Eller does is let his assistant coaches earn their supplements. He is a great leader and the kids will love him. He knows exactly when you need a kick in the butt or a pat on the back. The '95 team DID make it to the finals and fell to Goodpasture. His overall record may not be very impressive, but if you look at his record his last 4 years at Meigs it is VERY impressive.

• 1 month later...