YOUTH WRESTLING

middlesports

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I hardly ever post but obviously one outstanding Youth, Middle program is the Rutherford Sheriff's Sharpshooters! There is a previous post listing all the Sharpshooters who wrestled at the state tournament last weekend.

Ok boromom i have heard that name before how old are the kids and who are the coaches behind this program,does your son or daughter wrestle for them. I think the middle school coach is Bill Kennedy but who is the other coach that coaches the younger guys would like to talk to him if i can. Might be shooterjohn1 sounds like in his quote he dont want to bragg but will stand up for them PLEASE LET ME KNOW

I don't know about the other programs, but I can speak from experience about the Copperheads Youth Wrestling. You may notice some other threads about this program and the current and former wrestlers that came up through the program. It is lead by Chuck Bean and a great group of coaches that, in my opinion, really provide a solid foundation for the youth.

My personal experience is with my 6th grade son who is in his 1st year of wrestling. He had never stepped on a mat until October and I can tell you the impact that the Copperhead coaches have had on him is more than I could have ever expected.

Check it out as a possibility.

www.copperheadwrestling.com for contact information.

ok, those are three programs that have been developing quality wrestlers for some time now. I would also add Tullahoma, Hendersonville and Nashville Catholic to the list of youth clubs that have been around for awhile, helping to promote wrestling in their respective areas. I would add a couple of up and coming programs to the list, Mt. Juliet Bears and the Clarksville area (i think there are 2 kids programs now there).

I think each program has done a lot to promote wrestling and to increase the level of competitiveness of the high school programs in Middle Tennessee.

Ok boromom i have heard that name before how old are the kids and who are the coaches behind this program,does your son or daughter wrestle for them. I think the middle school coach is Bill Kennedy but who is the other coach that coaches the younger guys would like to talk to him if i can. Might be shooterjohn1 sounds like in his quote he dont want to bragg but will stand up for them PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Kids start wrestling at 5 I believe, Coach John Heath is the coach for the little guys (don't know if that is shooterjohn1 or not) and Coach Bill Kennedy for the middle school age. My son has wrestled with him for 7th and 8th grade, wish we had known about it when he was 5! It has truly changed his life. He will be wrestling high school next year. My grandson on the other hand is only 3 and we plan on hooking him up with the Sharpshooters as soon as he is old enough!

Thanks for the input on all the youth wrestling, I live here now coming from Pa. my wife and son will be here end of this week we will move to middle Tenn but not sure of city yet. My son is in the 3rd grade wrestled @ 80 lbs. Finished this weekend at a dual tour against Vir. Elite. He did well going 6 and 1 would like more input on the youth in this area

Thanks for the input on all the youth wrestling, I live here now coming from Pa. my wife and son will be here end of this week we will move to middle Tenn but not sure of city yet. My son is in the 3rd grade wrestled @ 80 lbs. Finished this weekend at a dual tour against Vir. Elite. He did well going 6 and 1 would like more input on the youth in this area

The Higher Calling Wrestling Club is committed to providing its athletes the tools to help them succeed, not only in the sport of wrestling, but more importantly in life. Through both the coaches??™ and athletes??™ dedication to training and preparation, HCWC will exemplify the true meaning of winning, success, and character, both on and off the mat.

2 LOCATIONS!!

HIGHER CALLING CLUB COACHES:

Mike Hatcher

??“10 years of Head High School coaching experience

-5X Florida National Team coach

-Iowa 1A Coach of the Year Finalist

-University of Iowa Letterman, coached by the Legendary Dan Gable

Chad McFadder

-10 years of High School coaching experience

-All-American Honors

-Coached the Virginia National Team

-Coached High School team to a state championship

-Coached by Gray Simons (named best 118 lbs. wrestler in history)

Cleveland Club Information - All practices held at state of the art Jones Wrestling Center

Grades 6-12: March 3rd-May 25th, 2008 (MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY @ 6:30 P.M.)

This group is designed for the advanced middle school/high school wrestler who is looking to get to the next level. Athletes in this group will be provided with continued mastery of basic skills, introduction to new advanced skills, intense drilling, combative wrestling, and conditioning. We will start the session training in Folkstyle wrestling. After the NHSCA and AAU Spring Nationals, we will gear all of our training focus to Freestyle and Greco-Roman styles.

Cost: $300 ??“ Fee can be paid in two $150 installments. The first installment must be made by March 3rd. The full balance must be paid in full by May 5th. Family discounts of $25 per sibling are available. The spring session includes 36 practice sessions, which comes out to less than $9.00 per session.

Grades K-5: April 7th-May 25th, 2008 (MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY @ 5:30 P.M.)

This group is designed for the elementary wrestler who is looking for an introduction to the techniques, rules and strategies of Freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling. Athletes in this group will be provided with an introduction of basic skills, intense drilling, combative wrestling, and conditioning. This group will gear their training for local tournaments and conclude with the Southeast Regional Championships.

Cost: $150 ??“ Fee can be paid in two $75 installments. The first installment must be made by April 7th. The full balance must be paid in full by May 5th. Family discounts of $25 per sibling are available. The spring session includes 21 practice sessions, which comes out to less than $8.00 per session.

PRIVATE AND SMALL GROUP LESSONS (SCHEDULED ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY)

Private and small group lessons are encouraged to help all athletes focus on specific areas where improvement is needed in a more personalized teaching group. Athletes are encouraged to decide which area of concentration the lesson will be designed towards. Lessons could be designed to provide additional work in all areas of wrestling, ranging from single leg attack offense to conditioning. All lessons will be an hour in length.

Cost: One-on-one : $50

2-3 athletes: $30/athlete

VIDEO ANALYSIS SESSIONS (SCHEDULED ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY)

Video analysis sessions are available to all Higher Calling Wrestling Club athletes. Sessions can be used for evaluating practice or competition performance. Analyzing video is a big key to recognizing trouble areas. All analysis sessions will be an hour in length. Cost: $40/session

Knoxville Club Information - All practices held at Karns High School

Grades 6-12: March 3rd-May 25th, 2008 (MONDAY, THURSDAY @ 7:00-8:30 P.M.)

This group is designed for the advanced middle school/high school wrestler who is looking to get to the next level. Athletes in this group will be provided with continued mastery of basic skills, introduction to new advanced skills, intense drilling, combative wrestling,

and conditioning. We will start the session training in Folkstyle wrestling. After the NHSCA and AAU Spring Nationals, we will gear all of our training focus to Freestyle and Greco-Roman styles.

Cost: $200 ??“ Fee can be paid in two $100 installments. The first installment must be made by March 3rd. The full balance must be paid in full by May 5th. Family discounts of $25 per sibling are available. The spring session includes 24 practice sessions, which comes out to about $8.00 per session.

PRIVATE AND SMALL GROUP LESSONS (SCHEDULED ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY)

Private and small group lessons are encouraged to help all athletes focus on specific areas where improvement is needed in a more personalized teaching group. Athletes are encouraged to decide which area of concentration the lesson will be designed towards. Lessons

could be designed to provide additional work in all areas of wrestling, ranging from single leg attack offense to conditioning. All lessons will be an hour in length.

Cost: One-on-one : $50

2-3 athletes: $30/athlete

VIDEO ANALYSIS SESSIONS (SCHEDULED ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY)

Video analysis sessions are available to all Higher Calling Wrestling Club athletes. Sessions can be used for evaluating practice or competition performance. Analyzing video is a big key to recognizing trouble areas. All analysis sessions will be an hour in length. Cost: $40/session

All athletes must have a current USA Wrestling card. All cards can be purchased at www.highercallingwrestling.com.

For more information or if you have further questions contact:

Mike Hatcher

(423) 303-0760

coachhatcher@gmail.com

or

Chad McPhatter

(423) 650-9237

cmcphatter@mac.com

HCWC just sent some kids to Liberty Nationals and brought back one National Champ at 105 lbs.