Baylor vs Farragut Scrimmage

CCSMAN

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this game still on for tonight and if so is anyone going that can give me the details and score later? This is going to be between two state champs and I am curious as to how it plays out, even though it's just a scrimmage.

While the score might be interesting, I wouldn't put a whole lot into it. I don't know Baylor's coach, but I do know Coach Culbreth very well. He uses scrimmages to try a lot of different things and different line ups. Not to say that he wont play to win, but he will experiment a lot.

You are right you can't put alot into scrimmages and how they turn out. Farragut won 2-0 but Baylor was without 4 or 5 starters. Two are still playing basketball and another two are injured. Add to that another one played about 10 minutes due to foot blisters. The entire 2nd team for Baylor played all but 5 minutes of the 2nd half. Coach Weekly pulled all starters at that point. That was to give the others playing time that they may not get alot of during the season and also to probably prevent injuries to the rest of the starters. As we know it in no way indicates what the season will be. Coach Weekley is not a Coach that trys to win scimmages at any cost. Farragut looked to be strong already and l am sure will have another outstanding season. Baylor will also I believe. Will look forward to seeing the Red Raiders with a full and healthy team. But at the same time it was good to see non starters get a good sample of playing time against a great opponent.

You can't put any stock into scrimmages. I really don't even see why scores are kept because teams are trying things out, experimenting, etc. Both Baylor and Farragut are outstanding teams of course. It would be great if they played during the regular season with both being 2007 state champions. I heard that Baylor has alot out with injuries and basketball commitments for now. Also played 2nd stringers for most of the entire 2nd half. Can't blame him for that. You don't want more injuries before the real season starts. Regardless, scrimmages are just a practice and are in no way reflective of a team. Again, too bad the 2 soccer giants don't play for real in the regular season.

Is this game still on for tonight and if so is anyone going that can give me the details and score later? This is going to be between two state champs and I am curious as to how it plays out, even though it's just a scrimmage.

You are right you can't put alot into scrimmages and how they turn out. Farragut won 2-0 but Baylor was without 4 or 5 starters. Two are still playing basketball and another two are injured. Add to that another one played about 10 minutes due to foot blisters. The entire 2nd team for Baylor played all but 5 minutes of the 2nd half. Coach Weekly pulled all starters at that point. That was to give the others playing time that they may not get alot of during the season and also to probably prevent injuries to the rest of the starters. As we know it in no way indicates what the season will be. Coach Weekley is not a Coach that trys to win scimmages at any cost. Farragut looked to be strong already and l am sure will have another outstanding season. Baylor will also I believe. Will look forward to seeing the Red Raiders with a full and healthy team. But at the same time it was good to see non starters get a good sample of playing time against a great opponent.

I saw the game and that is not what happened the second string played probably ten to fifteen minutes not thirty five and they did not sub very much before that, farragut was without their senior goalie, a senior forward, a left defender, a senior center back, another forward.and one other senior came out early with an injury, they had six JV players pulled up for this game who all got to play their fair amounts. Also it was 3-0, and if Baylor got a single shot off i dont remember it. Farragut was impressive.

Sorry if you were offended....I did say that Farragut has a great team and was sure they would again have an outstanding year. I was just commenting on what I saw from Baylor....can't comment on Farragut's team situation since I know nothing of them. However, Baylor did put an entire 2nd team in for 25-30 minutes in the 2nd half. I did not see them score the 3rd goal towards the end of the game. But that was with the entire 2nd team in there. I was just commenting on Baylor's injury situation, etc. Obviously, neither team had their allotment of starters at the game as we also have JV players travel with us and had alot of playing time. Again I will say I was only commenting on what I know. Both teams will have great years again no doubt. When they are all there and with time. Good luck to Farragut this year.

I saw the game and that is not what happened the second string played probably ten to fifteen minutes not thirty five and they did not sub very much before that, farragut was without their senior goalie, a senior forward, a left defender, a senior center back, another forward.and one other senior came out early with an injury, they had six JV players pulled up for this game who all got to play their fair amounts. Also it was 3-0, and if Baylor got a single shot off i dont remember it. Farragut was impressive.

I only got to see the 2nd half but was wondering if Farragut does not have a soccer field. Do they always play on a football field? I agree with the carpet comment and being dangerous. You go from grass to the carpet and can break, twist, etc an ankle. As far as the scrimmage you can't read anything into them. All teams are experimenting and trying different teams. Teams are not set yet usually and as always at a scrimmage....alot are not there.

Why does'nt Farragut have a soccer field? Playing on their narrow football field and dangerous sideline ( carpet where the football team ususaly stands) is very 2nd rate

I mean...really? The field? The girls and guys soccer team has been using that field for oh..fifteen years..not one injury on it. Well maybe some slips and slides but its quite funny laughing at your team mate for falling on it. But I really dont see why the field was brought in to this...there were goals werent there? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I mean...really? The field? The girls and guys soccer team has been using that field for oh..fifteen years..not one injury on it. Well maybe some slips and slides but its quite funny laughing at your team mate for falling on it. But I really dont see why the field was brought in to this...there were goals werent there? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I gotta say, for the quality of a program that you guys have, you all deserve a better field! I remember talking to Coach Culbreth about it, and asking him why they didn't convert the "practice field" into a full sized field, but I forget his response. I am thinking it was a $$ and real estate issue.