Antioch vs. Franklin

mr.giggliefly33

No, Williamson County isn't that weak but Antioch HS is that strong. They should go far in The Boro.

IMHO, FHS has not utilized the post player talent this year which they have. After the District loss to Hillsboro, Coach J said that they shouldn't have to live by the 3 or die by it. And yet, he's used the same 4 out - one in rotating type offense ever sense he's been there. Thus, a team with post talent like Antioch can run over a team like FHS if their 3's aren't falling.

FHS should come back strong next year with all starters returning. Go Rebels! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Get over yourself!! You weren't even there!! You have had a grudge against Coach Johnson and have proved that time and time again. It's getting really old you bashing him every chance you get. Apparently you are a disgruntal parent who is mad your son quit or didn't go on to play at Duke or Tennessee or wherever you think he should have gone. GET OVER IT OR FIND A NEW TEAM TO SUPPORT!! Coach Johnson is here to stay!

Antioch was amazing last night and they will go far. That part we agree on.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately didn't see this one coming. I, too, believe that this Antioch team is real good.

This year's Franklin team took care of business in the regular season just like they do every year. However, a head coach in this district told me that this was the worst Franklin team that he had seen in 10 years. And I could almost quote that word for word. So it just makes me wonder if basketball was a little down this year in the district and region for that matter with the exception of Antioch.

I definately didn't see this one coming. I, too, believe that this Antioch team is real good.

This year's Franklin team took care of business in the regular season just like they do every year. However, a head coach in this district told me that this was the worst Franklin team that he had seen in 10 years. And I could almost quote that word for word. So it just makes me wonder if basketball was a little down this year in the district and region for that matter with the exception of Antioch.

That is the most idiotic comment I have heard in a long time. Number 1, There isn't even a coach in this district who has been around for 10 years. Number 2, no coach in his right mind would make that kind of comment to any fan or person. If he did, he is completely classless. Coaches should not be making those kind of comments.

Nice story though.

That is the most idiotic comment I have heard in a long time. Number 1, There isn't even a coach in this district who has been around for 10 years. Number 2, no coach in his right mind would make that kind of comment to any fan or person. If he did, he is completely classless. Coaches should not be making those kind of comments.

Nice story though.

Buddy, you can accept it or not accept it, but thats what was said. And it's not classless it's just his honest opinion....and trust me he's been around.

Don't let things bother you that badly. It leads to stress which can cause high blood pressure, heart disease, and hormonal imbalances....just to name a few.

Buddy, you can accept it or not accept it, but thats what was said. And it's not classless it's just his honest opinion....and trust me he's been around.

Don't let things bother you that badly. It leads to stress which can cause high blood pressure, heart disease, and hormonal imbalances....just to name a few.

Ok buddy, lets look at a few things, even if a coach made that comment about this being "the worse franklin team in years"? Lets go back to Franklin 1998, 10 years ago, (20-13), and then the next two years, Franklin barely had .500 records. That commement is stupid and has no merit behind it. If comments that bold are made about kids and coaches, don't hide the source behind screen names and hear say.

Franklin did have good teams, the 3 (Cody Waddy years) never made it out of regions, and then when Jay Johnson took the helm, 5 years ago, the (Derek Anderson/Donta Brown/Antonio Murray Years), never made it past regions, and then last year, Made it to substate with Glover/Batt/Young/Glass.

Now this years team, all juniors, worse? Hardly think so with a (27-6) record, those other Franklin teams had senior leaders. Another year will tell with this class, top 8 kids return form a (27-6) region semis team. Oh yeah, in 5 years as HC, Jay Johnson has 138 victories, you do the math, this years team is right on pace.

Ok buddy, lets look at a few things, even if a coach made that comment about this being "the worse franklin team in years"? Lets go back to Franklin 1998, 10 years ago, (20-13), and then the next two years, Franklin barely had .500 records. That commement is stupid and has no merit behind it. If comments that bold are made about kids and coaches, don't hide the source behind screen names and hear say.

Franklin did have good teams, the 3 (Cody Waddy years) never made it out of regions, and then when Jay Johnson took the helm, 5 years ago, the (Derek Anderson/Donta Brown/Antonio Murray Years), never made it past regions, and then last year, Made it to substate with Glover/Batt/Young/Glass.

Now this years team, all juniors, worse? Hardly think so with a (27-6) record, those other Franklin teams had senior leaders. Another year will tell with this class, top 8 kids return form a (27-6) region semis team. Oh yeah, in 5 years as HC, Jay Johnson has 138 victories, you do the math, this years team is right on pace.

Very well said.... People tend to be with you when your up and against you when your down... Believe me had Frankline won.. none of this would have been mentioned.

If it is a true issue then it is true during the wins as well.

Why did Franklin play a lot of man to start out with? i thought they should have played zone to see if they could guard antioch and stay with them then if the zone was working they could go to man to man. Just from watching i thought that Franklin should have played more zone to contain Antioch in the beginning then that could have slowed the game down and made it easier. I know i am not a basketball genius or anything coming from Centennial but that's just what i was seeing. what do you guys think?

Why did Franklin play a lot of man to start out with? i thought they should have played zone to see if they could guard antioch and stay with them then if the zone was working they could go to man to man. Just from watching i thought that Franklin should have played more zone to contain Antioch in the beginning then that could have slowed the game down and made it easier. I know i am not a basketball genius or anything coming from Centennial but that's just what i was seeing. what do you guys think?

I think Franklin got hammered, the game is over with, Franklin didn't have a chance, get over it, substate is tonite, good luck to Antioch & Hillsboro representing Region 6.

um that was a little harsh i think he was just curious on the game plan but i think if you down play a zone against Antioch then they will get their own rebound every time at least in a zone you can pack it in and hopefully get lucky and maybe get some over the back calls

um that was a little harsh i think he was just curious on the game plan but i think if you down play a zone against Antioch then they will get their own rebound every time at least in a zone you can pack it in and hopefully get lucky and maybe get some over the back calls

Antioch really shoots the three well. Their big guys get a lot of publicity, but their guards can shoot the lights out. If you zone them, you will get demolished on the glass. It's a lot harder to rebound out of a zone.