Charlie Springer Performance

Guest baseballreporter2000

What Charlie Springer did the other day in the 15 year old Babe Ruth tournament was outstanding.He was faced in the second coming off the bench with basesloaded an NO outs an gets out of it with no runs scoring he pitched 5 of the most outstanding innings of anyone in the tournament.The team he faced was Lawrenceburg All-Stars an most he knew because he goes to LCHS.His Coach took him out of the 6 inning because of his arm was giving out.He gave up no earned runs in those innings an drove in one of the two runs Giles County put up.But Giles lost the game in that inning were Lawrenceburg scored 9 runs against the third pitcher of that night.He said after the game 'It was a hard way to go out but if it had to be a team I was glad it was them.'

If anyone else saw that game let me know of what you thought of it an how you think Springer did.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else see that game an know anything else about him,I need some more information for this article I am writing about him an some other players.Thanks for your help.

I agree with mickelsonjr, springer is good but there are four freshman that are every bit as good or better than springer at lchs, shults, duke, and then josh purcell is a good catcher with a real good bat too, and then rob augustin is a really good pitcher. The freshman class that Law. CO. had is going to help lawrence county out a lot in baseball for the next three years.

[Edited by lawcohicat on 7/5/02 12:03A]

Thank you for those people that posted the messenges if you guys or anyone else has more information please let me know!Yes Steven Shults is an another level.Jase,Josh an Rob our all real good ball players with those 5 players for LCHS they will be good in the up coming years.Does anyone think all of those players will get a scholarship for baseball?Thanks for all of your help.

Does anyone else have anymore information about Springer an Duke,if you do please let me know has fast as you can i have to get this article done about them by tuesday,Thanks.....

I am writing an article about different baseball players such as Duke an Springer,an I have been having alittle problem getting this information about these two players.An I can use as much as you can give me.So far I have afew things about Duke but not Springer an when I heard he was playing in the Babe Ruth Tournament I went an he was pitching against Lawrenceburg an he pitched has well as anyone got ask.If you could help out I would be Thankful!!!!

Guest gchsbobcats

I really don't think anyone knows how good charlie springer is I mean you guys at LCHS thinks that steven shults is the bomb an you guys can't when without duke an pursell.Well if I had to start a team with someone Springer is my first pick.He can play every position he has a great bat an his pitching has gotting alot better than his first year of high school ball.He is throwing round high 70s an low 80s.I know Steven can throw harder than that but he does not have all that great of anything eles.I am not tring to take anything away from shults,duke or pursell but you guys really don't know how good Springer is compared to them.I have played with springer an agaisnt him.His performance that night at the all-star game was outstanding!!All I am tring to say is give him some credit,an I know for a fact he was the only Freshman this year to hit a homer,so you guys at LCHS take advantige of him,my friends an I would love to have him here at GCHS but he is committed to LCHS.

Ummmm let me see where I should start. Well, First of all Stephen Shults is playing American Legion baseball in Columbia and Charlie is playing babe Ruth. Stephen runs about a 6.7 60 and a 4.8 40. Charlie does not. Stephen throws in the low 80's and Charlie cant break 80. Stephen is a great fielding shortstop and makes plays in the holes as a freshman or to be sophmore better than most people at his age. Stephen is hitting over .400 as a shortstop and lead-off hitter on his 43-10 American Legion summer team. Charlie might've batted over .300 in his 15 game babe ruth season. Stephen has great command of his fastball, curve ball, and changeup. Charlie just throws the ball. Stephen is the best freshman to be sophmore in Lawrence County and could be the best in lower middle tennessee. He can run, hit for average, pitch, and oh yeah he has a little pop in his bat too (8 hr's this summer). This Kid is bigtime. Enough Said!

Guest gchsbobcats

Well now you see what i mean you guys our all over shults again!I can name at least three players better than he is that play here in giles county.Springer can hit over 80,his average this year is .412,an if you think shults can hit a homer out of Sam Davis I would like to see it.An if you guys know anything about springer his arm is all screwed up an his elbow looks like an puzzle,an each time he throws a ball he has this pain shooting up an down his arm so if you think shults can do that day in an day out than whatever.An if you guys have any clue how good springer is he is proabley on of the best catchers in giles county,so really you don't have any place to say anything about springer!!