Charlie Springer Performance

Guest baseballreporter2000

To even talk about Charlie Springer in the same sentence with Stephen Shults is crazy. There is no comparison....I don't think that is what was meant by starting this thread, but that is where it is now. I totally agree with BaseballRules, Shults is head and shoulders above all the rest of the players his age. He has a great arm, great glove, good speed, and a great bat. He will be one of the top players for the Wildcats next year along with senior Chris Scott. That's as a sophomore. Springer will do good to even make varsity, much less see the light of the field. If he had this talent that you people are talking about, Coach James would see it, I promise you. And whoever called Shults a primadonna with an attitude, you my friend are crazy. Shults puts 110% into everything he does on the baseball field, and will sacrifice himself for the good of the team. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you people are jealous of the attention that Stephen gets. My advice to you is: DEAL WITH IT. The older he gets, and the more he improves, the more and more attention he will receive, so learn to live with it. Good luck Stephen with the rest of your summer with Post 19, and good luck next year in high school, you are gonna have to step up and be a leader. And don't worry about what everyone says, you can't control that, just go out and play your game, that's all you can do. Good luck buddy.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gchsbobcats

lchsgocatsgo i know your tring to protect your friend or whatever let me ask you a question have you ever seen springer play?if he doesn't make varsity next year there is something wrong with that,an your guys coach is good an everything but he doesn't see what springer can do same goes with everyone else in that crazy school.let me ask you onemore question does anyone at that school know how bad his arm was in the begining of the year?if you don't that doesn't surprise me at all.an if he came over here to gchs i am about 99.99% sure that he would have a starting position,an i hope thats what will happened.so if you have anything to say,say it.an if you want i can name some players ten times better that shults just say the word!!!!

Guest gchsbobcats

An for the record for those people that don't think springer can pitch over 80 mph,then you guys really don't him aswhile as you think you do,just ask anyone of his teamates,coachs,an teams he pitched against this year.........anything else from anyone,just let me know.............

GCHS, Yes I've seen Springer play, I've seen him hit, play the field, and also pitch. I've seen him play more than once, and I've seen Shults play plenty too(considering he was my teammate all year long), and I've seen Duke play a lot too. I have no dog in this race, I just know how good all three of them are. If Springer has all this talent that you're talking about, he's holding out on us. Since I'm a pitcher too, I know how hard it is to throw when your arm is hurting, so I will give Charlie the benefit of the doubt on the pitching. But his arm hurting has nothing to do with the way he plays the field or the way he swings the bat. And he doesn't compare to Shults or Duke either one when it comes to those two phases of the game. He will have to work 10 times harder than what he is right now in order to catch them.

What position would Charlie play if he went to Giles County? He would have an easier time earning a spot at LCHS, since they lost seven starters and almost all of their pitching staff. Giles County still has Price, Wall, Greene, Lewter, and others coming back. Also, Shelton is having a good summer with Post 19 and has improved tremendously, he should have a spot in the outfield. I don't see who he could start over. I could be wrong, but I really doubt it.

[Edited by lchsgocatsgo on 7/19/02 5:19P]

Guest gchsbobcats

I know springers defence,an hitting was down in high school,but he has improved 10times better at hitting, an his defense has gotting better but i'm sure not were he wants to be.When he started babe ruth this year,he added about 6 mph on his fastball since the beginning of the year an he has been hitting for average an for power.If he went to GCHS he could have a spot as the shortstop sharing it with carson edgemon,or centerfield.I know we all want him to come here but like i said he is just to COMMITTED to you guys.

Guest gchsbobcats

He would also proabley play some third base with Midlestead.Tell me something what was the best thing you have seen springer do an i will tell you if he has be holding back from you guys.

charlie is a nice guy and a good ball player. i played with him some this year and he is about a medium player. there is no way he throws in the 80's, and if there is a player in giles county better than shultz who is the same age then please tell us about him. charlie will help out lchs next year but yall get on here and make him sound like he is randy johnson. he did pitch a heck of a game that night, but he didnt even start for lchs jv baseball team. at the plate i thought was one of his weak points, shultz is a whole lot better hitter than charlie. if u have ever seen both of them play u know that the leval they play on is diffrent.

I've played with both Springer and Shults within the last two yrs. Springer in babe ruth last yr and Shults in Legion ball on Columbia post 19 this yr. Charlie is a good ballplayer and yes i know it was last yr when i played with him but ive seen him play a couple times since then in babe ruth this yr and jv. Shults on the other hand is seeing real pitchers and not jus throwers. We even put him in the leadoff spot cuz he was hitting the ball so well. I'll never forget the hr he hit off of Mike Kennedy about a month ago. He played a great ss for us all summer long, and he is jus a talent. Whoever said they bet Shults couldnt hit a hr at Sam Davis is crazy, he could take one down the 368 line. Shults is the better player and Charlie would prob admit that. Not anything against Charlie but its rare to find a soph w/the power, speed, and ss skills Shults has. Shults is one the the best sophmores around.

[Edited by 10bwall on 7/25/02 12:17P]

There is no 15yr old in Giles Co. that is any where close to Steven. Where exactly is he gonna play next yr? He is a ss but isnt Scott ur starting ss? Jus dont tell him Giles Co. jus lost Haney who has been ss for all his jun and sen yrs and part of his soph yr. I know he can pitch cuz i caught him in legion ball. I guess ill see where he plays before the season starts since we scrimmage yall 5 or 6 times.

[Edited by 10bwall on 7/25/02 12:25P]

I don't know where Stephen will play next year, Scott is our SS, but both will be required to pitch a lot next year, Shults should be the #1 or #2 and see some big games on the mound, and he should play SS when Scott pitches. We lost all 3 of our starting outfielders last year, and the only players we have with any varsity experience in the outfield are Josh Clayton and Eric Johnson. Shults is athletic enough to play the outfield in the other spot I know. All I know is if he plays the way he is capable of, coach will find a spot for him somewhere. Good luck to you next year Brandon at GCHS.

Guest springer33lchscat

I agree 100% Shults is BETTER than me.This year in high school I didn't play to what i can play too.Because of my arm an elbow,whoever said that your arm has nothing to do with hitting is wrong it does an it hurt bad each time I swung the bat.Every part of my game this year in High School was not were it was a year ago.I am hitting in the 80s an my hitting has gotting alot better but I still need to have my elbow checked out.That night at the all-star game I was having no problems.I was so happy for Jase an everyone over there an I am very proud of him,he is a great player!!I only have one more thing to say an that is everyone at LCHS you will see what I can do next year when I am 100% healthy.Good Luck to Steven Shults an Post 19,GREAT JOB an keep it up.If anyone has any question I will answer them.