Hixson Scrimmage Weekend

catsbackr

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else hear about this?

CSAS runner from 3rd plows Hixson's catcher and is ejected.

It's kind of funny. Coach and AD will have to call the TSSAA Monday morning and explain why this happened. And it was the first game of the scrimmage.

Might be along year.

I was that catcher that he ATTEMPTED to "plow." He's the one who went backwards, not me. If he's gonna try that then he might want to make sure he brings enough to run over all 165 pounds of me. And even worse, he couldn't even run over a kicker...

I know it's still early but how did Hixson look?? Does anyone have any scores??? Who looked the best??

I watched Hixson beat Ooltewah which appeared to be a fairly,evenly matched contest. However, Hixson was without its best player who is Colton Green who plays ss. Hixson threw Coppinger who is one of the top pitchers in the area. He is a left hander with great stuff and he'll beat most everybody he faces. I believe the Ooltewah starter was a sophomore who was a big kid who threw fairly hard but

he struggled with his control. I think his name was Ball. He maybe someone to watch in the future.

He was hitting 84 on the radar gun and had a 12-6 breaking ball.

I was that catcher that he ATTEMPTED to "plow." He's the one who went backwards, not me. If he's gonna try that then he might want to make sure he brings enough to run over all 165 pounds of me. And even worse, he couldn't even run over a kicker...

I don't know you - but I like you already! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know it's still early but how did Hixson look?? Does anyone have any scores??? Who looked the best??

Insider reports from the press box - Hixson looked real good when Coppinger was on the mound and average the rest of the day. Hixson beat CSAS and Grace, as well as Ooltewah. Baylor blasted the cats. Baylor was by far the best team at Hixson, sources say.

I only saw them play 1 game, but I thought Hixson looked surprisingly good. They hit several homeruns. Who was playing shortstop?

True, Ooltewah's sophomore pitcher did struggle somewhat, but the ump wouldn't give him anything. He had very good velocity and a nasty curveball, I think he overthrew a little, could have been excited. His name was Baugh. Their catcher is Randy Reed's son (remember Randy from Lookout Valley?) Ooltewah is loaded with sophomores, I saw them play McCallie and the Owls handled them rather easily.

I'll get to see some of the 5AA and 5AAA teams this weekend.