Maryville

WhiteDelight

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a pretty solid game. It usually is between these 2 teams. I'm sure both teams will be working on a few things throughout the game, so whatever the final score is I'm sure it's not indicative of what would happen in the regular season. Maryville is returning almost their whole team from last year, so we'll see if these kids can live up to their talent. And CAK is always tough, attacking as a team and defending as a team. What's the final word on Tarr, or does he even know yet?

Correctomundo...

Didnt' know you were bilingual. Your talents never cease to amaze me. I think we should all post in pig latin for kicks. Not Really.

I know we play maryville early and from the looks of things they should be really strong. But they play in a crazy tough district so they could possibly be top 5 in talent for the entire state and not make it through. I wish them the best. Except when we play. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Didnt' know you were bilingual. Your talents never cease to amaze me. I think we should all post in pig latin for kicks. Not Really.

I know we play maryville early and from the looks of things they should be really strong. But they play in a crazy tough district so they could possibly be top 5 in talent for the entire state and not make it through. I wish them the best. Except when we play. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I watch a lot of Dora the Explorer...

I am thinking that Maryville will be a very tough squad. They were good last year, and were young, and didn't lose much talent. While it will be a scrimmage, I think that it will be played hard. I am looking forward to it.

Akula, you coming?

We lost to a very good Maryville squad tonight 2-1. #10 and #7 were very talented players, and Maryille runs their offensive set plays well.

I think for a scrimmage, it was a great game for both teams. I got to see some of my players in positions I wouldn have normally played them in, and I liked what I saw.

I think Maryville will do very well this year. They are very aggressive (in a good way) and had a lot of passion in their play. Good luck to Maryville and Coach Kerr.

Fairly good game considering the conditions. Even with the wet field we were still able to see some good offense. I thought both teams played hard and looked to be well conditioned. There were many sloppy passes and traps, but that is to be expected this early in the season. A lot of the questions were answered in this game. As a whole, I think both teams can be very pleased.

BigG, I hear you have a pretty young team? If that is the truth, you have great potential in the future. I guess you would consider Maryville a veteran team, but they are relying heavily on some underclassmen. Probably one of the most well rounded teams they have seen in a while. Still, Maryville is in one of the toughest districts and regions. So maybe they will turn some heads and surprise some people.

This game does not surprise me at all. before i go on my rant, i MUST say CAK has been one of the most outstanding teams tennessee has ever seen if not the most outstanding team over the last 5 years. they have accomplished things that coaches, teams, players would never even dream about in their lifetime.

that being said, CAK i think will not be the team that they usually are this year in my opinion. they have had some great players in the past but those great players seem to have gone now. they are quite a young team this year i think from what i have heard and it is definitely a rebuilding year for them so they may compete in the future but this year could be an all time low for the warriors of christian academy.

a lot of people may read this and say well you don't have to have great players but the truth is people you do have to have great players to win in my opinion. i am from the nashville area so i might be wrong in saying this but i have not heard of a great player from the CAK team for this year. i mainly follow club soccer so i know all the great players from knoxville and they don't go to CAK as far as i am aware of.

so to sum it up, i'm going to go ahead and predict that 5 in a row will be the longest streak that tennessee will ever see (which is extremely amazing) but i don't think it will go past this for CAK. i wish them the best of luck though for sure!! i think this is the year for a new team to surface as the a/aa champions......and catholic is not lookin bad in my eyes. good luck to all though and to CAK who knows maybe you will prove me wrong and if you do i will cut off my own tongue and fingers so i can never talk and write on a keyboard again but i just don't see it happening this year

This game does not surprise me at all. before i go on my rant, i MUST say CAK has been one of the most outstanding teams tennessee has ever seen if not the most outstanding team over the last 5 years. they have accomplished things that coaches, teams, players would never even dream about in their lifetime.

that being said, CAK i think will not be the team that they usually are this year in my opinion. they have had some great players in the past but those great players seem to have gone now. they are quite a young team this year i think from what i have heard and it is definitely a rebuilding year for them so they may compete in the future but this year could be an all time low for the warriors of christian academy.

a lot of people may read this and say well you don't have to have great players but the truth is people you do have to have great players to win in my opinion. i am from the nashville area so i might be wrong in saying this but i have not heard of a great player from the CAK team for this year. i mainly follow club soccer so i know all the great players from knoxville and they don't go to CAK as far as i am aware of.

so to sum it up, i'm going to go ahead and predict that 5 in a row will be the longest streak that tennessee will ever see (which is extremely amazing) but i don't think it will go past this for CAK. i wish them the best of luck though for sure!! i think this is the year for a new team to surface as the a/aa champions......and catholic is not lookin bad in my eyes. good luck to all though and to CAK who knows maybe you will prove me wrong and if you do i will cut off my own tongue and fingers so i can never talk and write on a keyboard again but i just don't see it happening this year

Hey, pimp, ever consider that CAK may have gotten beaten by a very good Maryville team? I think CAK will be EXACTLY where they have been in the past--a top five team in AA/A. When a powerhouse AA/A team plays a very talented AAA (that happens to play in the best district in the state) you should probably assume that it will be a battle. I don't think CAK will be down AT ALL. I think their loss probably had more to do with the fact that it was a scrimmage, (and coaches experiment in scrimmages), a sloppy field, (and I'm sure the pitch was sloppy last night), and the fact that they were playing a team that has the potential to cause huge problems this year for the more traditional AAA powerhouses.

Bottom Line: CAK will be a legitimate AA/A state contender...again, and Maryville will be very good in AAA as well. Really wish I could have seen this game, but it was too cold!

For once, I believe I am going to have to agree with dins here. His babble is sometimes overwhelming, but this time he is right.

CAK will be a force again this year. I don't know if they are as good as Catholic and some of the other top contenders in AA/A right now, but I know by the time tournament time comes around BigG will have his boys ready. You don't become state contenders year in and year out and then all of a sudden one year drop out of it all. CAK might not have the greatest talent this year, but they have experience in those type of games and that makes up for a lot.

They have a young team that will only get better with time. CAK has a solid center mid who would make a good addition on any team and a very tough central defender who owns just about anybody that comes near him. So, CAK has the players is the spots that will help younger players get better. Good luck to you BigG.