Maryville

WhiteDelight

Ned, I am with you on some of the sloppy passes and traps. I think the conditions played into that, but I also think both teams were somewhat "nervous" or anxious because this was the first hard scrimmage they have played (not to be disrespectful to Alcoa, but Akula and I agreed it was more about fun and having a midnight game than to go for the "kill").

We also are a very young team, with only 2 seniors (goal keeper and a forward).

Pimp, of the 6 years that I have been coaching, I think this year might be my favorite. It will take hard work, teammanship, and good coaching decisions for us to advance this season. I like a challenge, love hard work, and love getting a team to work with a united purpose in mind. If we don't win state, I will not find this season a loss. There is so much more to this than hoisting that trophy (although I have to be honest and say I do enjoy that greatly) If we do win state again, please don't cut off your fingers or tongue /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> . What you said wasn't disrespectful or rude. It was an objective opinion of our program. I respect that.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if CAK needs the motivation of someone dissing them on CoachT. I know Brandon isn't playing but they had a ton of talented players around him and when we played, they were still missing a few. If I know G, he was mixing and matching some things to see what he has, you can't replicate the intensity of a good match in practice so you use these scrimmages to find out who can do what. They also happened to play a pretty good squad last night. So I wouldn't doubt that both of these teams will find themselves going strong in the post season, which counts alot more than a scrimmage in feb. I honestly don't even remember my own teams record in scrimmages from last year, but I guess that isn't saying much since I've slept since then. Good luck to both teams.

Really wish I could have seen this game, but it was too cold!

Dins, you are a wimp. It was quite toasty under my seven layers of winter gear, snow boots, and ski gloves.

Akula, quit giving away my secrets. I was just about to hit the print button! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> You are also right about scrimmages. Boy, I have lost some bad ones. FRA 4-2 Bearden 5-1 Lenoir City 4-0... but they were scrimmages! If you don't play them as such, then what is the point?

Maryville is a very good team. I think they will be a contender. I have yet to see Farragut, Bearden or West, but I would put them in that mix (especially as good as they are this early in the season).

bigg i have lots of respect for you and your team, i think my main point is that to me it seems like a rebuilding year for CAK but you guys HAVE always risen to the challenge so i would not be surprised at all if you guys were a strong force this year

No worries... that's what I read out of it.

This game does not surprise me at all. before i go on my rant, i MUST say CAK has been one of the most outstanding teams tennessee has ever seen if not the most outstanding team over the last 5 years. they have accomplished things that coaches, teams, players would never even dream about in their lifetime.

that being said, CAK i think will not be the team that they usually are this year in my opinion. they have had some great players in the past but those great players seem to have gone now. they are quite a young team this year i think from what i have heard and it is definitely a rebuilding year for them so they may compete in the future but this year could be an all time low for the warriors of christian academy.

a lot of people may read this and say well you don't have to have great players but the truth is people you do have to have great players to win in my opinion. i am from the nashville area so i might be wrong in saying this but i have not heard of a great player from the CAK team for this year. i mainly follow club soccer so i know all the great players from knoxville and they don't go to CAK as far as i am aware of.

so to sum it up, i'm going to go ahead and predict that 5 in a row will be the longest streak that tennessee will ever see (which is extremely amazing) but i don't think it will go past this for CAK. i wish them the best of luck though for sure!! i think this is the year for a new team to surface as the a/aa champions......and catholic is not lookin bad in my eyes. good luck to all though and to CAK who knows maybe you will prove me wrong and if you do i will cut off my own tongue and fingers so i can never talk and write on a keyboard again but i just don't see it happening this year

I greatly appreciate your post. Your way of putting it not only shows guts, but it also shows alot of honesty. As for CAK winning state 6 years in a row, I think it would be awesome if we did, but what if we don't? Well as fun as winning is and as fun as great players are too watch ultimately does it matter? Everyone always talks about how great CAK is for winning 5 state championships in a row, but my question for you is 6 years ago who won the championship? I don't know and does it really matter? I take soccer the game and winning way to serious most of the time, but all I can say about CAK soccer is that it hasn't been the great players that have won it the last five years. By this I mean CAK was blessed with great players previous years as you said, but through some extremely unlikely situations we have been able to use the great players with a common goal. Many teams have great players the Farraguts and the Beardens have had great players since I've been in high school. I, however, believe in God and in my opinion its been God that has given an unlikely team extraordinary blessings. Anyways I'll quit rambling, but just wanted to say I play on CAK and though I may disagree on some points I greatly appreciate your post it's what coacht is all about.

Well said Big Penguin. I don't think CAK minds losing to a good team. I also don't think Big G takes the score results of his scrimmages as the measuring stick. I liked Zack Propes playing up top. He did amazing. It was a fun game to watch. Maryville was a great physical team (just ask Jake Ragland!) but it was just too dang cold. I am ready for spring!!!

Elmer, who are you? just wondering. CAK doesnt really mind losing to a good team but we never really enjoy losing none the less. but the true colors of a team come out when they dont win every game and continue to play. you learn more from losing than winning in my opinion. you learn what you need to work on from a loss. how they play the games after the loss is what the team is really made of

Elmer, who are you? just wondering. CAK doesnt really mind losing to a good team but we never really enjoy losing none the less. but the true colors of a team come out when they dont win every game and continue to play. you learn more from losing than winning in my opinion. you learn what you need to work on from a loss. how they play the games after the loss is what the team is really made of

I prefer to be like Dins8 and remain anonymous! I will say that I know a lot more about you than you know about me. (say hello to miss Jernigan for me!) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I am just a fan of Knoxville soccer who would like to remain objective. I think CAK will have a great year, but I also think that other teams will see an opening and go for the jugular.