Preston Overby

yankees8589

Is Preston Overby a phenom. I've heard he is a can't miss prospect and a sure Major Leaguer.

I wouldn't say a phenom yet. He has the ability and is a very good high school pitcher than most players his age. Give him some time to mature more and with hard work could be very good and with some luck, possibly be in the big leagues some day.

I wouldn't say a phenom yet. He has the ability and is a very good high school pitcher than most players his age. Give him some time to mature more and with hard work could be very good and with some luck, possibly be in the big leagues some day.

From what I've heard this kid is the real deal, but this year's USJ Bruins team is too good to place emphasis on one player. Overby isn't the only talen in West TN, there will be som promising athletes closer to the Tennessee River in Camden and Huntington for sure.

Is Preston Overby a phenom. I've heard he is a can't miss prospect and a sure Major Leaguer.

Scouted a number of years for MLB. He has some tools probably more promise as a pitcher than position player. The only true can't miss guys at his age are those already exhibiting the velocity and movement needed for the professional ranks (very rare). He is pretty good but there have been others, at his age, that threw harder, hit better, ran better and still did not sniff The Show. Time will tell, wish him luck.