Upperman/York

devilish

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!! WHAT A GAME!

Gatorbillmsu - I do believe that I have finally put a face with the name. Correct me if

I'm wrong, where you and your family sitting to my left at the game last night? .........

if my spy senses are correct you were wearing a green MSU shirt. LOL......imagine that!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Anyway, you may wish to stay anonomous. But I hope not. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

See ya Saturday. GO BEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm SO glad I got to go see this game! It was probably one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Congrats to Upperman, but I must admit that I think York really needs to celebrate a victory in this one. They led the whole game and a lucky basket in the final seconds sealed the deal...too bad for them. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

After watching all 3 of these region games, I think that York's Brown was probably the real MVP. Don't get me wrong...Upperman's Davis is an incredible player (and MUCH CONGRATS to her)...but Brown stood out the most in this tourney. Cool thing is that I believe she's only a sophomore so I look for great things from her in the next 2 years!

Anyway, BEST WISHES to Upperman and York Institute in the sub-state games! I'd say that these 2 teams are probably 2 of the very BEST in the state...along with L.A.! I was really impressed to see how York has grown and developed this year. They haven't received as much hype in the press, but they've proven themselves worthy of a state tournament trip. Hopefully one of these 2 7-AA teams will bring home the trophy! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tournament time is the BEST!!

It was definitely a great game. Both teams should be proud!! It went down to the wire thats for sure. I have to disagree with you on the MVP. I watched all three games also. I do think Davis deserved the award. I think Upperman played a better team, Livingston, in the first game than York. I do think that Brown is a good player and is only a sophomore. Davis was the most dominant player I saw play during the tournament and she is only a junior. Looks like there will be plenty to watch in the future. When the awards were given out last night I did notice some things. York didn't act like they even wanted their trophy. I noticed Upperman fans standing and applauding the young ladies from York. When Upperman received their team award most the York fans never applauded at all. They need to remember these are all still kids and people from other areas notice these things also. Good Luck to both teams on Saturday.

I keep coming back to this thread....and staring at it....and wondering..."we we at the same game last night??"

First: "unbiased"fan, I have no problem with you having your own opinion and view of things. Most of what you said was really good stuff. It was certainly a great HS basketball game last night. You have some fine ballplayers on that York team. Upperman has some great players also. It was fun to watch. Im glad I was there!!!

But "LUCKY SHOT" ?????? First off, luck is involved in any win/loss. Period. But that was no lucky shot. That was a perfectly executed play, and a good basket. Lets not be demeaning and lessen the efforts of a great game.

Second: ucball, It was a great game by York, but "outplayed them this game"??? Maybe in the first half. But there are two halves to each game. if you dont play all 4 quarters, you stand a very good chance of losing a game.

My opinion is that you got outcoached in this one. 4 corner stall coming out of halftime???? [deleting this line at the request of uc, as I dont want to appear to be bashing anyone either, great game].

The Upperman girls busted their tails to come back and win that game. If they were outplayed for the whole game, they could not have won it. Quit bashing a team because your team didnt win. It was a great game. I would say that no matter what side of the score I was on. I didnt necessarily like everything I saw in the game, but Im not going to bash anyone for it either.

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!! WHAT A GAME!

Gatorbillmsu - I do believe that I have finally put a face with the name. Correct me if

I'm wrong, where you and your family sitting to my left at the game last night? .........

if my spy senses are correct you were wearing a green MSU shirt. LOL......imagine that!!

Anyway, you may wish to stay anonomous. But I hope not. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

See ya Saturday. GO BEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Your spy senses are indeed correct. Sometimes being anonymous is best, but I think I have ruined that for myself!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was going to say hello after the game but you skipped out too fast.

That was quite a game, Im really looking forward to Saturday!!! Don't be afraid to say hello!

GOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

It was definitely a great game. Both teams should be proud!! It went down to the wire thats for sure. I have to disagree with you on the MVP. I watched all three games also. I do think Davis deserved the award. I think Upperman played a better team, Livingston, in the first game than York. I do think that Brown is a good player and is only a sophomore. Davis was the most dominant player I saw play during the tournament and she is only a junior. Looks like there will be plenty to watch in the future. When the awards were given out last night I did notice some things. York didn't act like they even wanted their trophy. I noticed Upperman fans standing and applauding the young ladies from York. When Upperman received their team award most the York fans never applauded at all. They need to remember these are all still kids and people from other areas notice these things also. Good Luck to both teams on Saturday.

It was a shame that someone had to lose that game, but it was sure great to watch!!

Congrats to the York girls, and good luck to them on Saturday!!!

I agree with you about the Brown kid. She played very well, outstanding even, but I think the Davis kid was the most deserving.

Great bunch of kids all around!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I keep coming back to this thread....and staring at it....and wondering..."we we at the same game last night??"

First: "unbiased"fan, I have no problem with you having your own opinion and view of things. Most of what you said was really good stuff. It was certainly a great HS basketball game last night. You have some fine ballplayers on that York team. Upperman has some great players also. It was fun to watch. Im glad I was there!!!

But "LUCKY SHOT" ?????? First off, luck is involved in any win/loss. Period. But that was no lucky shot. That was a perfectly executed play, and a good basket. Lets not be demeaning and lessen the efforts of a great game.

Second: ucball, It was a great game by York, but "outplayed them this game"??? Maybe in the first half. But there are two halves to each game. if you dont play all 4 quarters, you stand a very good chance of losing a game.

My opinion is that you got outcoached in this one. 4 corner stall coming out of halftime???? yeah, that worked.

The Upperman girls busted their tails to come back and win that game. If they were outplayed for the whole game, they could not have won it. Quit bashing a team because your team didnt win. It was a great game. I would say that no matter what side of the score I was on. I didnt necessarily like everything I saw in the game, but Im not going to bash anyone for it either.

Well this is a fun thread!

The truth is that both Seq. and McMinn Central are quality ball teams.

Does Upperman have height? They will need it to play with Seq.

York - bring your running shoes.

My opinion is that you got outcoached in this one. 4 corner stall coming out of halftime???? yeah, that worked.

First of all you need to understand what bashing is!!! Saying that York Played great and yes I do believe they outplayed Upperman this game, is not bashing. And yes we should not have stalled coming out at half, but this is not bashing. It was a great game and I did not BASH anyone. If anyone is a poor sport it is your little smart comment.

First of all you need to understand what bashing is!!! Saying that York Played great and yes I do believe they outplayed Upperman this game, is not bashing. And yes we should not have stalled coming out at half, but this is not bashing. It was a great game and I did not BASH anyone. If anyone is a poor sport it is your little smart comment.

You say that you did not mean it as bashing, and I will certainly believe you. Thanks for the clarification.

The girls on both sides played their tails off. It was fun to watch!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Sounds like our game (JCCR) and your game was two good ones!! The thing about not clapping for the other team really bother's me. JC fans gave cr a big ole clap of appreciation. I had a guy beside me ask me do you think they really know that we do respect them? My answer is A Loss is hard to swallow, and it is a let down on a good team effort but these are kid's and they both played hard and gave it their all for the game.

I personally think that maybe they don't think the other team respects them, I know we have played several teams this year that had the respect for us and JC has tried to repay the favor in cheering on their opponents.

Needless to say you are going to have your handful that is going to talk smack and be disrespectful and that is going to be on both teams.

People... it only takes one or two people getting up and encouraging a good thing. It doesn't seem hard for them to get of their kister's to encourage a bad thing. Good fan's will encourage good things and I urge everybody to try to do that. Usually if you get to talking smack and someone is trying to ignore it, enough of it and it becomes a problem and the ignoring becomes real problem.

It feels real good to get a good win, and the kid's deserve the appreciation of the fan's whether they win or lose. I have met alot of people that we chat with on here and when you do that and talk good competitive ball and can shake another one's hand and go to seperate part of the gym and route your team on and after its over congradulate each other on a win or a lose that's what I love about it..They are good people out there..If we continue to encourage it among ourselves and our fan's the good will out weigh the bad...

Good Job on representing the upper cumberland the way these two teams have!!! Good luck to the both of them down the stretch......

I'm SO glad I got to go see this game! It was probably one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Congrats to Upperman, but I must admit that I think York really needs to celebrate a victory in this one. They led the whole game and a lucky basket in the final seconds sealed the deal...too bad for them. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

After watching all 3 of these region games, I think that York's Brown was probably the real MVP. Don't get me wrong...Upperman's Davis is an incredible player (and MUCH CONGRATS to her)...but Brown stood out the most in this tourney. Cool thing is that I believe she's only a sophomore so I look for great things from her in the next 2 years!

Anyway, BEST WISHES to Upperman and York Institute in the sub-state games! I'd say that these 2 teams are probably 2 of the very BEST in the state...along with L.A.! I was really impressed to see how York has grown and developed this year. They haven't received as much hype in the press, but they've proven themselves worthy of a state tournament trip. Hopefully one of these 2 7-AA teams will bring home the trophy! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tournament time is the BEST!!

I don't have a dog in this race....just a fans point of view. I??™m going to call it like I see it.

I will have to agree that Brown is a good ball player but to say she was the real MVP is stretching it a bit. Granted she may have had a good game but you have to look at all the Region games to determine MVP. Davis killed us when we played them & it wasn't just a fluke....the kid plays like that all the time. Brown is a good player for York but just my opinion Eacret is a more consistent threat than Brown. From what I hear Eacret has a really good personality to. We have played both teams numerous times this year & I dread Upperman more than York. Not taking anything from York but Upperman has so many big players that step up. York has a great ball club & Story has done an outstanding job with these girls. I think both teams had a good season & I hope it carries on through post season??¦??¦good luck to both.

By the way Upperman/York one of your teams better make the best of it this year because LA will make it to the Regional final next year!! Just had to add that. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

When you say York did not act like they wanted their trophy after the game let's remember that York girls where very disappointed that they had just lost a game they worked so hard at and I'm sure they had to be down a little - and as far as the fans my bunch did applaud. Don't make us sound so bad - the bunch I was around clapped for both teams during awards. I'm sure if York had come out on top you guys would not have been quite as cheerful.