Sweetwater Scrimmages 3/8

CCSMAN

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about anyone else but I really don't like jamborees. Play for what a few minutes....wait.....wait....play someone else for a few minutes. Just not alot of fun and really don't have time to establish anything. I had rather have a very good practice than that.

CCS is playing in some scrimmages at Sweetwater High School like they have the past couple of years, does anyone know what teams will be participating? The date is Saturday March 8th.

I don't know about anyone else but I really don't like jamborees. Play for what a few minutes....wait.....wait....play someone else for a few minutes. Just not alot of fun and really don't have time to establish anything. I had rather have a very good practice than that.

I totally agree with you.

We (sequoyah) play in it, but as of yet, I know nothing of our schedule.And i actually like Jamboree's. I feel you can test things, and you get to see alot of other teams play.

Though twenty minutes, (or however long) isn't much, you can still do alittle in the time.

But i'm a player, so it could just be me, and coaches just normally hate them or something.

How did the jamboree go today.

First of all, the the first games were played on two inches of snow with blowing snow everywhere. CCS played without four of its starters due to them being gone or little injuries they were trying to get over before the start of the season Tuesday. CCS lost the first game to Pigeon Forge on a terrible call when the keeper from CCS came out to save a ball and he collided with the player but he also got the ball but the referee called the keeper for interference and gave them a PK. After the game the referee told the coach that he should have really let it go. The second game was against Lenoir City in which CCS won 6 to 0 and the third game was against Anderson County and CCS won 1 to 0. CCS played everybody and experimented a whole lot. The weather was definitely a factor with the snow and the wind.

I do agree weather def. was a huge factor, Sweetwaters first 2 games were also played in 2-3 inches of snow. They started out playing tellico sitting about half their starters ) sitting the rest to see how the bench would play ) and ended up winning 5-0. THey played Karns and got beat 4-1 ( Karns scored on 3 PKs ) and then finished up beating Knox Central 2-1 ( also with only about half their starters ). Johnny Ameen had all but 2 of Sweetwaters goals.

Wow sounds like CCS got picked on. I am sure CCS was the only team with injuries, the only team the weather affected and of course the team that the refs picked on with bad calls. Oh I forgot, their coach also was the only one to experiment with different players, etc. I guess nothing else happened like this for other teams.

First of all, the the first games were played on two inches of snow with blowing snow everywhere. CCS played without four of its starters due to them being gone or little injuries they were trying to get over before the start of the season Tuesday. CCS lost the first game to Pigeon Forge on a terrible call when the keeper from CCS came out to save a ball and he collided with the player but he also got the ball but the referee called the keeper for interference and gave them a PK. After the game the referee told the coach that he should have really let it go. The second game was against Lenoir City in which CCS won 6 to 0 and the third game was against Anderson County and CCS won 1 to 0. CCS played everybody and experimented a whole lot. The weather was definitely a factor with the snow and the wind.

Wow sounds like CCS got picked on. I am sure CCS was the only team with injuries, the only team the weather affected and of course the team that the refs picked on with bad calls. Oh I forgot, their coach also was the only one to experiment with different players, etc. I guess nothing else happened like this for other teams.

First of all, Ooltewah Owl Fan, I was just stating facts, I can't speak for everyone elses team and their injuries, what players they play and what incidents, if any, they have with the referees I just was speaking from what I saw because I was there, unlike you!!! This is typical considering where its coming from but then again when you only make it to the state tournament every five or six years you have to take your frustraion out on someone so I guess I'm it..........