Forrest Lady Rockets

rockets

Thanks for the reply....Just to clarify...The blonde hair guy was doing the sounds to the "Hey" song that is normally played at basketball games....I don't know what version you're thinking of, but our version does not include bad language. I'm sorry if you thought otherwise. He's really a great guy and is there to support the girls...not to offend the other team.

auntkim & hooptroop,

Maybe I should better explain myself. Yes the gentleman did do that cheer but without the words. He done the sounds and then some of the other Forrest fans would yell "Hey". Do you remember that? I do and other people do also. That was during the injury timeout. No he never used any bad language but the cheer was done. I'm not hating on Forrest fans. I think the support you gave the girls was awesome but during the injury timeout it was not a good time. I did see Mr. Cheerleader and several other Forrest fans giving the refs a hard time but hey SF people did also. The refs were not great but that is what you get in Single "A" basketball. The attitude thing was obvious. I sat behind the Forrest bench and when the girls would come to the bench after the coach pulled them a few times if looks would kill the coach would not be going to the State Tournament tomorrow. They gave the same looks to the refs on calls. # 24 is a good player but she had a bad attitude all night. She was throwing elbows like weapons. She should have been called for it several times in the game. Players can use their elbows but not to attempt harm on an opposing player. Now granted SF probably threw a few elbows also. Hey I even think that one of the SF girls has a terrible attitude. I'm sure Forrest fans know exactly who I am talking about.

As before... good luck in State! I hope you do well.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply....Just to clarify...The blonde hair guy was doing the sounds to the "Hey" song that is normally played at basketball games....I don't know what version you're thinking of, but our version does not include bad language. I'm sorry if you thought otherwise. He's really a great guy and is there to support the girls...not to offend the other team.

The version of "Hey" usually ends with "We just beat the **** out of you!" Now you may have taken that out of yours but they is the tune and version of that cheer. I think it is a great cheer he done. I was just saying it was done at the wrong time since it was done during the injury timeout.

auntkim & hooptroop,

Maybe I should better explain myself. Yes the gentleman did do that cheer but without the words. He done the sounds and then some of the other Forrest fans would yell "Hey". Do you remember that? I do and other people do also. That was during the injury timeout. No he never used any bad language but the cheer was done. I'm not hating on Forrest fans. I think the support you gave the girls was awesome but during the injury timeout it was not a good time. I did see Mr. Cheerleader and several other Forrest fans giving the refs a hard time but hey SF people did also. The refs were not great but that is what you get in Single "A" basketball. The attitude thing was obvious. I sat behind the Forrest bench and when the girls would come to the bench after the coach pulled them a few times if looks would kill the coach would not be going to the State Tournament tomorrow. They gave the same looks to the refs on calls. # 24 is a good player but she had a bad attitude all night. She was throwing elbows like weapons. She should have been called for it several times in the game. Players can use their elbows but not to attempt harm on an opposing player. Now granted SF probably threw a few elbows also. Hey I even think that one of the SF girls has a terrible attitude. I'm sure Forrest fans know exactly who I am talking about.

Hey Willie, since you noticed all these baaadd things Forrest was doing, did you happen to pick up on the ref calling time to answer a complaint from the clock operator that was being haggled by a couple of Santa Fe fans? Even your own book keeper was pointing the lady out to the ref. Come on man, it's a game of basketball, not ballet. There is always going to be people complaining about the refs and the fans, but to complain about the physical toughness of a game is ridiculous. And to single a fan out and say he was cussing during a chant and to single a player out and say she has a bad attitude just makes you look like a spoiled loser. I think Santa Fe players and fans are the greatest because they brought Forrest their toughest competition of the year. They can do without your poor judgement.

Hey Willie, since you noticed all these baaadd things Forrest was doing, did you happen to pick up on the ref calling time to answer a complaint from the clock operator that was being haggled by a couple of Santa Fe fans? Even your own book keeper was pointing the lady out to the ref. Come on man, it's a game of basketball, not ballet. There is always going to be people complaining about the refs and the fans, but to complain about the physical toughness of a game is ridiculous. And to single a fan out and say he was cussing during a chant and to single a player out and say she has a bad attitude just makes you look like a spoiled loser. I think Santa Fe players and fans are the greatest because they brought Forrest their toughest competition of the year. They can do without your poor judgement.

Postmoves,

If you will go back and read what I have wrote previous you would see that I never said he was cussing during his cheering expeditions! What I said was it was poor timing to be doing the cheer. Santa Fe had a young lady that had just caught an elbow in the face and was bleeding! I think if Forrest had a girl hurt and the SF crowd started a cheer that Forrest fans would be upset about it. I am not a spoiled loser at all. I think Forrest is the better team and SF gave it all they had. They ran out of gas in the end. I also said that SF fans were getting on the refs during the game in a previous post. Both sides were getting on the refs there is no doubt about it. The refs were below average. I know basketball is a physical game but some of the things that went on it that game were uncalled for. Now as far as to single a player out... why not? Her attitude was terrible and the elbows she threw were intended to harm. When SF got physical with her she would just sling elbows and the look on her face was just plan mean. As far as the clock operator deal I did not know what was going on when that occurred. I could not see the scores table due to the crowd standing. Hey if SF fans were out of line then the clock operator done the correct thing by stopping the game to get the ref to handle the issue. Now I can do without you poor judgment so go catch a ballet or read more into my previous post. Have a good day!

I wouldn't say that the elbow to the face of the Santa Fe player was intentional but the Forrest girl that threw the elbow had been doing it all night and honestly she had a terrible attitude problem. She should have been called earlier in the game for throwing elbows. Say what you want but she was getting frustrated during the game and slinging her elbows around as weapons. The referees were horrible. Santa Fe choked in the 4th quarter but the calls by the refs did not help any. All calls went Forrest way in the 4th. I guess the refs were scared they might not have made it out alive if Forrest didn't win.

Another note from the game was the people sitting around me and I thought Forrest would be more of a class act than they are. The Forrest girls all have terrible attitudes. They were very disrespectful toward their coach and toward the refs early in the game. I don't think they were good sports toward Santa Fe girls during any of the game. But the biggest unsportsmanlike like act was the heavy set gentleman sitting on the Forrest side with blonde thinning hair that had on a black hooded sweatshirt. Yes a fan. What a class act this guy was. After the Forrest girl connects her elbow to the face of a Santa Fe player the Santa Fe player is lying on the floor then gets up bleeding and goes to the bench. The refs had stopped the game to clean up the floor and check on the injured Santa Fe player. Well Mr. Cheerleader himself starts a cheer! If you were there you know the cheer. "We just beat the **** out of you!" I mean come on dude... have some class! I'm not saying it was directed toward the girl but have some respect. I think the cheer would have been fine once play had resumed but not during an injury. Forrest fans would have gone irate if Santa Fe fans would have been doing a cheer like that during a Forrest player??™s injury.

Ok, enough of that. Good luck Forrest in state. You will have your hands full with Wayne County!

Maybe you need to read your own post. I just call it like I see it. And as for you singleing out the girl, if you had of paid more attention to the game you would have seen she was sprinting down the floor once the rebound was made and the young lady got hurt, like she did all night. Some times it's better not to get on a tangent when you don't have the facts. Like I said, it's basketball. There are those that understand it and those that never will. Good luck to the Lady Rockets!

auntkim & hooptroop,

That is the first I have heard of it being the tune to a cheer with such words. I know that the song you are thinking of was not intended or implied towards the young lady who was injured or to SF in general. You or others might have felt disrepected because of the cheer occuring during the injury timeout but it wasn't to discourage #20 or any SF players or fans in any way. Forrest fans were simply flowing with the tempo of the game. It is very easy to get caught up in the excitement and craziness of the game. Sorry for the disrespect or anger you might have felt towards this mishap.

As for the attitude problem you have mentioned, Forrest has been well known for the sportsmanship and good class we have reflected over the years. There have of course been those few who have come through our program who might have not shown such class and good attitude. Yet, I know that Forrest's head coach along with the parents of the players do not tolerate such attitude and is very well disciplined. Referring to #24's attitude, who doesn't get frustrated when playing sports every now and then? There is no excuse for poor attitude but I don't believe it was directed towards any certain people like the coach at all. Shots don't always fall and frustration may show. The elbows are not intentional, just a rebound defense. If the refs weren't calling it against SF then why should they call it against Forrest?

Maybe you need to read your own post. I just call it like I see it. And as for you singleing out the girl, if you had of paid more attention to the game you would have seen she was sprinting down the floor once the rebound was made and the young lady got hurt, like she did all night. Some times it's better not to get on a tangent when you don't have the facts. Like I said, it's basketball. There are those that understand it and those that never will. Good luck to the Lady Rockets!

I did just read my post! I said he was doing that cheer! I never said he said the cuss word now did I? NO! I simply said that is the cheer he was doing which it was.

HELLO ALL FORREST FANS!!! Mr. Cheerleader was doing the "Hey" cheer that usually ends in "We just beat the **** out of you" without that part in it and without cuss words! He was just doing the "Hey" part!

Did I make myself clear now? Can you read that?

Sure she was sprinting down the court when the SF player got hurt. The entire Forrest team was because at that time Forrest had #'s 5 on 4. The SF player was on the ground so that is the reason she didn't sprint down the court. I did pay attention to the game, close attention. I didn't miss a play. I'm sure the Forrest player was running down the court for two reasons. # 1 reason she had just connected an elbow to a SF player and wanted to get down the court hoping that the refs didn't see it. # 2 reason is because Forrest had 5 on 4 opportunities.

I can assure you I have the facts and I can assure you that I probably have a better understanding of basketball than you. So don't let your alligator mouth over run your rabbit brain.

I did just read my post! I said he was doing that cheer! I never said he said the cuss word now did I? NO! I simply said that is the cheer he was doing which it was.

HELLO ALL FORREST FANS!!! Mr. Cheerleader was doing the "Hey" cheer that usually ends in "We just beat the **** out of you" without that part in it and without cuss words! He was just doing the ???Hey??? part!

Did I make myself clear now? Can you read that?

Sure she was sprinting down the court when the SF player got hurt. The entire Forrest team was because at that time Forrest had #'s 5 on 4. The SF player was on the ground so that is the reason she didn't sprint down the court. I did pay attention to the game, close attention. I didn't miss a play. I'm sure the Forrest player was running down the court for two reasons. # 1 reason she had just connected an elbow to a SF player and wanted to get down the court hoping that the refs didn't see it. # 2 reason is because Forrest had 5 on 4 opportunities.

I can assure you I have the facts and I can assure you that I probably have a better understanding of basketball than you. So don't let you alligator mouth over run your rabbit brain.

Willie, I have no dog in this fight, but the more you open your mouth the worse you are reflecting on your school and fans. I'm telling you this as an impartial observer. LET IT GO! Your girls should be getting ready for softball instead of continuing this assault on the Forrest girls. We play them several times a year in various sports and they are a top notch program and their kids are the best. YOU Sir, are the one that is letting your mouth get away from you!

Willie, I have no dog in this fight, but the more you open your mouth the worse you are reflecting on your school and fans. I'm telling you this as an impartial observer. LET IT GO! Your girls should be getting ready for softball instead of continuing this assault on the Forrest girls. We play them several times a year in various sports and they are a top notch program and their kids are the best. YOU Sir, are the one that is letting your mouth get away from you!

If you don't have a dog in this fight then stay on the porch! So now you are letting your mouth run away from you!

I never said Forrest was not a top notch program. I know that they are always very competitive in all sports. I'm not talking about the Forrest sports program. I am talking about the sub state basketball game between SF and Forrest.

If you don't have a dog in this fight then stay on the porch! So now you are letting your mouth run away from you!

I never said Forrest was not a top notch program. I know that they are always very competitive in all sports. I'm not talking about the Forrest sports program. I am talking about the sub state basketball game between SF and Forrest.

Whoa! Don't have to have a dog in the fight to have your say about our neighbor. While you may not have said that about their program (however you did mention attitude with the girls) and no you didn't flat out say that the cheerleader man ACTUALLY cussed, you did however leave that impression. Refs this year are bad, read the multiple threads on that. Really they are no worse than they have ever been, same thing, different year. Used to have this problem with my sister, boy she sure could dish it, just couldn't handle it when it came back to her. Good luck to you next year, this year is over for you.

Whoa! Don't have to have a dog in the fight to have your say about our neighbor. While you may not have said that about their program (however you did mention attitude with the girls) and no you didn't flat out say that the cheerleader man ACTUALLY cussed, you did however leave that impression. Refs this year are bad, read the multiple threads on that. Really they are no worse than they have ever been, same thing, different year. Used to have this problem with my sister, boy she sure could dish it, just couldn't handle it when it came back to her. Good luck to you next year, this year is over for you.

"Don't have to have a dog in the fight to have your say about our neighbor."

What?

You're like a neighborhood dog that keeps doing their business in everyone's yard but their own. Stay in your own yard and do your business there!

I agree I did leave that impression early on in this thread but I made myself clear a little later. I will do it again... MR. CHEERLEADER NEVER CUSSED DURING HIS CHEER! I also said that the refs were below average. I never said that the calls weren't bad on both sides. The refs made bad calls against SF and Forrest. I do think that most of the calls went the way of Forrest in the 4th quarter. I honestly think the refs didn't want to put themselves in a situation where they would be leaving a gym of unhappy fans on the home side. Plan and simple! It might have been the same way if SF would have had the opportunity to host the Sub-state game.

I even said that I thought Forrest was a better team than SF. They just have more athletes and aren't one dimensional as SF is for the most part.