Livingston Academy

YorksPork33

They score 22 goals in a 7v7 tourn. and playing a JV team.....Well we score 44 goals in practice yesterday!!!

thats a good point. 7v7 tournaments are played on small fields with so many opportunies in front of goal it's not even funny. so i wouldn't be surprised if they scored 22 goals in that tournament (depending on your competition) but next weekend should be a good test for them. i bet they'll score 30+ in the Bison Cup.lol just messing a couldn't help it.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frogdoggie thanks for your comment. By everyone's calculations, a 7-v-7 game should have high scores with lots of scoring opportunities. Being so that everyone that LA played scored about 7 all together, 22 goals is an excellent number of goals. A ratio of 22 to 7 is pretty good. That means for every goal that the other team scored, Livingston scored about 3. Frogdoggie, I broke that down for you. By what I have seen, you're not too smart.

Frogdoggie thanks for your comment. By everyone's calculations, a 7-v-7 game should have high scores with lots of scoring opportunities. Being so that everyone that LA played scored about 7 all together, 22 goals is an excellent number of goals. A ratio of 22 to 7 is pretty good. That means for every goal that the other team scored, Livingston scored about 3. Frogdoggie, I broke that down for you. By what I have seen, you're not too smart.

I'm not taking sides here, but in froggiedoggie's defense, it was never mentioned how many goals the opposition scored. and a few posts that he's put up is no idicator of intelligence. If I were livingston, (as I believe every team should do) I would let your wins do the talking. Not the stats. But I've never been accused of always being right. The bison cup should certainly be a good chance to show how every team is doing. I can't wait to see how it turns out

By everyone's calculations, a 7-v-7 game should have high scores with lots of scoring opportunities... A ratio of 22 to 7 is pretty good...

Who else was in this 7v7 tournament? and frogdoggie although very sacastictly made a good point. Scrims can get out control on the score board. Putting a strong team against a weak team on a small field can lead to a very onesided game. Beside this 7v7 tourny what other results has LA gotten in preseason?

Who else was in this 7v7 tournament? and frogdoggie although very sacastictly made a good point. Scrims can get out control on the score board. Putting a strong team against a weak team on a small field can lead to a very onesided game. Beside this 7v7 tourny what other results has LA gotten in preseason?

Thanks for the support. Although I don't see how my comments have had anything to do with intelligence, or the lack there of, I was simply suggesting that one cannot determine the true strength of a team based on the number of goals score in preseason much less when playing another team's JV or in a 7v7 tourn. In addition, I support the idea that the Bison Cup could be a much better indicator of LA's strength, or lack there of. As for my sarcastic comment, I'm glad I could stir up a little emotion.

I agree. They may be doing well in some situations, but all that matters is if a team can win a big game when it matters. And we'll get a chance to see what not only LA, but also Stationcamp, Hume Fogg and Wilson Central can do this weekend. All of these games should be great hard-fought matchups.

Livingston Academy is looking good right now. They have 7 returning starters and many players that came off the bench early in games. They have excellent speed. Should be a very interesting year for these kids. It looks like that these kids will be the ones that has the best chance to bring home the gold ball compared to the other sports. This team knows what needs to be done and what could use some improving, which isnt much. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It looks like that these kids will be the ones that has the best chance to bring home the gold ball compared to the other sports. This team knows what needs to be done and what could use some improving, which isnt much. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Are you saying compared to the other sports from their school? Haha it does seem their programs aren't getting it done this year (other than boys basketball). Either way, its way too early to be building any team up this much. As was said before, we'll see how the season plays out and it should be a very interesting tournament for Region 4 this year.

Well LA beat us (wchs) 4-1 in the season opener, but it wasn't all a loss. Two or three of our starters had the flu, and refs didn't help at all. We did get a well-deserved pk on which we would of scored anyways, but we should of got another as our captain was getting ready to put the ball in the net from just outside the six but got tripped and held from behind and the ref signaled to play on! That didn't cost us the game though to be honest. LA was just too aggressive, physical, and yet disciplined in their play and it knocked us off our game of possession and spreading the field too easily. We were winning 1-0 til' less than 10 minutes left in the first half, but we let LA have two easy goals on defensive breakdowns which we are working on to fix. Then we let them have two more goals with twenty-something minutes left which killed us. Livingston has a very good team and could win their region this year.

• 2 weeks later...