Fastpitch Bats

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this topic on another thread and was curious to find out everyone's opinion. Both my daughters seem to prefer the Rockettech's. We also have Quads, Mayhems and a Synergy. One of my travel girls last season had a Stealth that was pretty popular. What is your girls choice?

My girls prefer Rockettech, hands down

I saw this topic on another thread and was curious to find out everyone's opinion. Both my daughters seem to prefer the Rockettech's. We also have Quads, Mayhems and a Synergy. One of my travel girls last season had a Stealth that was pretty popular. What is your girls choice?

In our cool spring weather any of the composites. My team used Schutt (Fernandez) last year and they were extremely hot. Schutt is going out of the bat business and there are a few left from last year, but they will not replace them if the end cap comes out. The company that made Schutt is Combat. The Combat Virus FP is also very hot. We will be swinging them this year. The same company also makes the RipIt bats. It is a Canada based company. I think everyone will be ok using composites that will get grandfathered in under the new bat standard that is forthcoming from ASA. In the summer I feel like Rocket Tech is the way to go. Also like the Stealth.

The Combat Virus FP is also very hot. We will be swinging them this year.

RaiderOne, you might want to check ASA's 2008 banned bat list. The Combat Virus is on the banned list, BUT the Combat VIRFP1 (Virus FP) is on the approved list. I hope that's the model you have.

If it's not too much trouble let me know which you have.

http://www.asasoftball.com/about/build_batlist.asp

Approved Combat bats:

http://www.asasoftball.com/about/getmanufacturerDetail.asp

RaiderOne, you might want to check ASA's 2008 banned bat list. The Combat Virus is on the banned list, BUT the Combat VIRFP1 (Virus FP) is on the approved list. I hope that's the model you have.

If it's not too much trouble let me know which you have.

http://www.asasoftball.com/about/build_batlist.asp

Approved Combat bats:

http://www.asasoftball.com/about/getmanufacturerDetail.asp

We are using VirusFP, the one on the approved list. It is black, blue, and purple in color. The banned Virus is yellow in color.

Our team will use sawed off broom handles this year. When you strike out as often as we do, you might as well do it with a broom handle. It cuts down on costs, and greatly reduces our strike out versus dollar ratio.

Does anyone have a comparison between the 2008 Rocket Tech FP and the older versions i.e. 2005 and 2004 FP models. I have always thought the 2004 Rocket tech FP to be the hottest fast pitch bat ever made and know girls who swing the 2005 model and they are probably #2 on my list, but I haven't heard from or know anyone that can compare the earlier versions to the 2008, Any info would be appreciated.

Our team will use sawed off broom handles this year. When you strike out as often as we do, you might as well do it with a broom handle. It cuts down on costs, and greatly reduces our strike out versus dollar ratio.

h17,

Using a broom handle might save a few dollars but does not help the players confidence. Buy them a new bat and let them share. The bat will last all year as long as the ball does not hit it very often. Worked for us.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Does anyone have a comparison between the 2008 Rocket Tech FP and the older versions i.e. 2005 and 2004 FP models. I have always thought the 2004 Rocket tech FP to be the hottest fast pitch bat ever made and know girls who swing the 2005 model and they are probably #2 on my list, but I haven't heard from or know anyone that can compare the earlier versions to the 2008, Any info would be appreciated.

For some reason, I was thinking it was actually the 03 that was the 100 mph bat that got "grandfathered" in and is now legal. I've seen those bats sell on e-bay for 6 or 7 hundred dollars. Unbelievable. My oldest daughter swings an 05 and my younger one swings an 07. My older daughter thinks the 05 is much hotter and I tend to agree. The 05 seems to be more easily cracked if you don't pay close attention to the temperature. I think they state to only use them in at least 60 degree weather, but I'm not sure if perhaps 65 would be better. I have heard the 08 was getting some great reviews, but haven't seen one in action. They are a much prettier bat than the 07 if that counts for anything... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I agree these were the hottest bats out.....just a few schools still have some, I know that Creek Wood still has several, and I believe that Gibbs still had several last year. I wish I would have bought a bunch myself! But I knew it would be a great bat just isnt very good in cold weather

I agree these were the hottest bats out.....just a few schools still have some, I know that Creek Wood still has several, and I believe that Gibbs still had several last year. I wish I would have bought a bunch myself! But I knew it would be a great bat just isnt very good in cold weather /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I am glad you got my point, which I tried to make with a little humor. I have been out of softball for about seven years now, but the technology has really changed. These thirty inch eighteen ounce, or whatever the ratio is, bats are amazing. However, good hitters can hit with anything and bad hitters will not hit much better with a $300 air-craft aluminum/uranium graphite lined flex shaft double barreled rocket launcher of a bat. The good hitters will hit it harder and farther with the space-age bats, while the fundamentally poor hitters will still swing and miss, though they might foul a few more off every now and then. We have led ourselves to believe that the bat makes the hitter and have passed that belief on to our kids. Now every 100 pound Punch and Judy small ball hitter thinks they cannot hit unless mom and dad spring for the latest "Turbo 9000" bat. I keep telling my 80 pound 7th grader, that when she learns to make consistent contact and hit line drives, daddy might spring for a better bat.