AA "Elite 8" -- The State Tournament!

up2late

OK. It's official. The last teams standing in AA will meet next week in Murfreesboro to duke it out. Tell us what you think are some of each team's strengths and weaknesses.

AUSTIN-EAST

FULTON

HOWARD

LIVINGSTON ACADEMY

CPA

BOLIVAR

DYER CO.

MITCHELL

Congratulations to all teams and coaches for making it this far. You are all already winners.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. It's official. The last teams standing in AA will meet next week in Murfreesboro to duke it out. Tell us what you think are some of each team's strengths and weaknesses.

AUSTIN-EAST

FULTON

HOWARD

LIVINGSTON ACADEMY

CPA

BOLIVAR

DYER CO.

MITCHELL

Congratulations to all teams and coaches for making it this far. You are all already winners.

ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS ALITTLE ABOUT THE TEAMS OUT OF THE WEST, DYER CO, BOLIVAR AND MITCHELL. IF YOU HAVE TO PLAY EITHER OF THESE TEAMS BRING YOUR TRACK SHOES. MITCHELL-FAST, BOLVAR-FASTER, DYER CO-FASTEST. MITCHELL HAS GREATER SIZE THAN THE OTHER TWO. BOLIVAR HAS DEVELOPED INTO A VERY GOOD DEFENSIVE TEAM. DYER CO IS DYER CO NUMBER ONE RANKED TEAM IN THE STATE. THATS MY EVALUATION.-------------------GO BOLIVAR TIGERS /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS ALITTLE ABOUT THE TEAMS OUT OF THE WEST, DYER CO, BOLIVAR AND MITCHELL. IF YOU HAVE TO PLAY EITHER OF THESE TEAMS BRING YOUR TRACK SHOES. MITCHELL-FAST, BOLVAR-FASTER, DYER CO-FASTEST. MITCHELL HAS GREATER SIZE THAN THE OTHER TWO. BOLIVAR HAS DEVELOPED INTO A VERY GOOD DEFENSIVE TEAM. DYER CO IS DYER CO NUMBER ONE RANKED TEAM IN THE STATE. THATS MY EVALUATION.-------------------GO BOLIVAR TIGERS /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Watch out for Howard from chattanooga. In a year that saw several great teams from metro chattanooga Howard and Red Bank emerged as the top two. Howard is really fast too and has great size. Good Luck to whomever draws the Hustlin Tigers in the first round.......

DYER COUNTY= Very fast, incredibly well conditioned...they DO NOT run out of gas, VERY deep bench that can transition in and out ..without a hitch, extremely well coached....excellent coaching staff. Some of the players have been playing together for years..and I mean years. Not a big team size wise...all good ball handlers. Fast and Furious!! They want it baaad..having made it to state last year and getting beat by Liberty they are hungry /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Should be a great state tournament... definetely the best out of all three... Not for sure who will be the front runner for the title... it will be intresting to see first round matchups... how teams match up against one another... i'm going for CPA, but I see someone out west taking the ball home again... should be a dog fight for every team every round... no weakings here...

Mitchell...fast and experienced, decent coach with state championship experience( back to back state finals appearances, so you haters can't argue that) D-1 point guard, solid productive center, a productive 4 who sometimes settles for too many 3's, very talented 2 -guard in Wade, and the x-factor Ken Torry. He has a knee injury of some sort, but he can excite the crowd on the break, decent shot and he is fearless. He is the type of player that can win state tourney MVP or loose his cool and cause the game. However their best player, Jarvis Jones, is out and he would have provided more leadership, experience and the deadly outside shot needed to take the gold ball.

Mitchell...fast and experienced, decent coach with state championship experience( back to back state finals appearances, so you haters can't argue that) D-1 point guard, solid productive center, a productive 4 who sometimes settles for too many 3's, very talented 2 -guard in Wade, and the x-factor Ken Torry. He has a knee injury of some sort, but he can excite the crowd on the break, decent shot and he is fearless. He is the type of player that can win state tourney MVP or loose his cool and cause the game. However their best player, Jarvis Jones, is out and he would have provided more leadership, experience and the deadly outside shot needed to take the gold ball.

How long has Jones been out? What happened? I don't know much about Mitchell but I know that loosing your "best" guy is tough!

How long has Jones been out? What happened? I don't know much about Mitchell but I know that loosing your "best" guy is tough!

He has been out since the 3rd quarter of the city championships with a( knee injury???). Very solid player who has signed with ETSU

He has been out since the 3rd quarter of the city championships with a( knee injury???). Very solid player who has signed with ETSU

Howard vs Mitchell was a good game last year in the first round of the tourney. Howard played without their point guard and Ricks was sick and fouled out. Mitchell had no answer for Ricks and Howard had no answer for Torey. This year Howard has their center eligible in the 6'6" Dominique Harper. And Howard still has the same team from last year with a new young poing guard. The point guard from last year is still on the team but has been outplayed by this young guy.

Dyer County is now focused on winning these 3 games and getting the gold ball. all of their short term goals, such as winning district & region, going undefeated at home, and getting to state are now accomplished. look for this team in the championship game.

mr basketball finalist justin blake is the assassin when it comes from behind the arc, and he can drive it in. cj crittendon is the fierce leader of the team. deangelo parr & rex pierce can also shoot the 3 ball. but posts jeremy kimble & dejuan taylor will fight for rebounds. watch out people.

Bolivar has a decent team. as does Memphis Mitchell.

from what i hear, this CPA team is pretty good. see ya in the boro.