Kayla Christopher

goosevol

"Said she already has offers from .................................". Which tells us the Tennessean is reporting what she said and not actually saying it themselves.

Getting a letter and getting an actual offer are 2 different things. Many kids say they have offers but they don't always. That is why the Tennessean worded it that way. (just in case)

By the way, she is a fine player so don't get bent out of shape like you usually do. I wonder what she would look like if she was on Jackson County's team? Would she be the THE player or average 12-15 points like their GO-TO girls do?

Points are obviously important, but not always the mark of a great player. I'm sure she would fill whatever role was best for the TEAM to win.

81-82 Tarheels: Worthy 15.6 ppg, Perkins 14.3 ppg, JORDAN 13.5 and a national title. I don't think anyone could lessen their value for not scoring 20 per game.

I don't know how many points per game she would score at Oak Ridge (or anywhere else), but I think the Cat Nation would be thrilled to have her.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Said she already has offers from .................................". Which tells us the Tennessean is reporting what she said and not actually saying it themselves.

Getting a letter and getting an actual offer are 2 different things. Many kids say they have offers but they don't always. That is why the Tennessean worded it that way. (just in case)

By the way, she is a fine player so don't get bent out of shape like you usually do. I wonder what she would look like if she was on Jackson County's team? Would she be the THE player or average 12-15 points like their GO-TO girls do?

She would be the player no matter what the team she was on!!

This girl would be the dominant go-to player on ANY team she played for. She is that good. CR spent 1/2 the game doubling her and she still shot an outstanding average and proved that no even two quality defenders could stop her. She's head and shoulders above anyone I've seen and played team ball the entire game. She will be a true asset to any college lucky enough to sign her.

Amen! Don't forget she scored 8 pts against our reserves. But we put, arguementally, our best guard defender w/help on her most of the time and she still scored 16 pts. She has a great jump shot! When she goes up, she is heads above everyone else, she has great body control. One of few highschool girls that has enough body control at top of jumper to gain control and then shoot a perfect jump shot. Only second time I have seen her this year, but to pull up and connect under the pressure she was under and hit those jump shots was very impressive. She was under a lot of defense pressure, had two girls swatting at everything she did, but still hit some beautiful jump shots. I am just glad she didn't start pulling them 3's earlier, because she sure made them look awful easy!

One more thing, some have talked about her teammates'. I am encouraged that she has the community commitment to stay and play on a less talented team, than to run to the highest bidder or most likely contender!! Hats off to her and I hope that she continues to have the success that she seeks.

One more thing, some have talked about her teammates'. I am encouraged that she has the community commitment to stay and play on a less talented team, than to run to the highest bidder or most likely contender!! Hats off to her and I hope that she continues to have the success that she seeks.

Very well said, that says alot for the young lady.

Very well said, that says alot for the young lady.

Kayla has had the supporting cast of team-mates, last years team was as talented as any group of girls you could ask for, they played for the state championship, losing to Gleason in a hard fought contest.

IMO, this years team lacked one key element, a true post player with some height, who could have balanced out the rest of the starting four.

As for her staying at OS because her Mom is the coach, I think Kayla is the kind of person who would have been at OS playing for anyone, she has had chances to play elsewhere, and declined,

OS girls basketball has a rich tradition of success, even before Kayla came along. She has just added to it!

She would be better than just there go to girl and she would average more than 12-15. this young lady is the best ball player ive seen in a long time. theres not one lady that could stop her one on one i dont care who they are they couldnt stop her. theres not a team that could stop her this year she can do what ever she wants with the ball and i did say what ever she wants. GOOD LUCK KAYLA AT MISS B-BALL AND GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR

NO TEAM? What about the Region 2-a championship and 1st round state tourney

LOL@Wartburg fans wanting credit for their 1st win against Oliver Springs in the last 20 attempts or so.

lol yall just still cant accept the fact that the lady dawgs knocked you out of the region 2-a title... you have to GIVE CREDIT where credit is due... scoreboard said wartburg won /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />