AA First Round Action

logcabinman

Well, the easy one is the McMinn Central -v- Marshall Co. because I know absolutely ZERO about either team. Being new to TN, I know from being here on coacht that this will be a great game, but I really know less than the 8ball on this one.

Upperman -v- Milan. This is my second year watching Upperman play. And I watched Milan win their opening round on Wednesday. I was very impressed by Milans speed, and ability to drive the lane. They were a great team, and fun to watch. They are certainly not a one trick pony, meaning the Poston kid has plenty of help and that showed in the first game with S. Gray ringing up a nice game.

Upperman took some time to find themselves this year. They are a very young team, but all but one of the starters have been here before. Roberts and Dyer are sophomore but were here, making valuable contributions. Infact, the Dyer kid was a starter last year. Biles is a freshman, but when you start as a freshman at Upperman, you get Livingston a few times, York a few times, JC a few times, you have gone through the gauntlet. SHe will be fine. Davis and Maynard, well, they kind of speak for themselves most of the time. Cant say enough good about either one of them.

I just really like Uppermans chances. Would I bet on this game? NO. Not if my life depended on it. To me, it is still a toss up. So I will defer to the 8ball!!!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> (Did that make any sense?)

Great prospective! I also feel that region is one of the toughest regions of girls basketball - LA, Upperman, York, etc., the MCentral faithful have to deal with this tough region every year, and it ain't fun. Do some research and you will find that MCentral lost 2 game to 2 formable opp., Cleveland a AAA state semi-finalist and another quality AAA program Maryville Heritage. Who knows though?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand Creek Wood was the weakest team there, no disrespect at all please do not take it that way (Milan-Gibson). Has Milan been challenged? After Marshall Co. win over Gibson it seems that region was the weakest. Do you think that Marshall Co. was challenged with this being the case. It is going to interesting, this next round. AE was defininltly a good team, and Upperman is a good team as well. I think MC will win in another close on and Upperman in a close one, we'll see!

Are you saying that the Region that Gibson County was in... was the weakest Region... first of all Milan and Gibson County came out of the same Region and District... so i would say that Region was not the weakest... Gibson County just did not play their game... ( to say the least)... When you are used to playing a certain style of play... then all of a sudden you have to try to adjust to a different style... it will take you out of your game... and that is what happened to Gibson County... When you have your biggest post players with 4 fouls in the first 3 minutes of the game... you have to change your style of play... we just never did adjust...

In a different thread.. someone said that Gibson County was OVERRATED.... are you serious... we might have lost the first round... but it was with a little help... We held 1st place the entire regular season...and 1st in the AP poll for 3 consecutive weeks... our girls were very deserving of their rankings...they played hard all season...for a team so young... at the begining of the season... who would have thought they would have ended up at the State Tournaments????.... but they did... and they will BE BACK!!!!....

Keep your heads up....

We are very proud of you....

Look forward to next season...