University of Tennessee

knoxlax

The Tennessee Men's Lacrosse team has a two week break before we gear back up for the stretch run after spring break. This will allow the coaches to get out a see some high school games. If you are interested in possibly playing for UT, please post to let us know who you are. We would need to know game time and location, your name, jersey number and position. If we can make to it your game, we won't be hard to spot.

chris kelley

asst. coach

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tennessee Men's Lacrosse team has a two week break before we gear back up for the stretch run after spring break. This will allow the coaches to get out a see some high school games. If you are interested in possibly playing for UT, please post to let us know who you are. We would need to know game time and location, your name, jersey number and position. If we can make to it your game, we won't be hard to spot.

chris kelley

asst. coach

My name is Daniel Lorance, I play attack for Father Ryan High School in Nashville. I am interested in playing for UT next year. I do not have any games that you could make it to in the next two weeks; however, we do play Webb Knoxville at Webb Knoxville on Friday, April 4th. The game will be at 6 PM EST. I wear #12 and I hope to see you guys out there if possible. I have another friend on the team who is also going to UT next year, that may be interested.

My name is Daniel Lorance, I play attack for Father Ryan High School in Nashville. I am interested in playing for UT next year. I do not have any games that you could make it to in the next two weeks; however, we do play Webb Knoxville at Webb Knoxville on Friday, April 4th. The game will be at 6 PM EST. I wear #12 and I hope to see you guys out there if possible. I have another friend on the team who is also going to UT next year, that may be interested.

Patrick, I checked your teams schedule on Laxpower, and unfortunately I don't think you guys are playing anywhere close enough for us to come and see any of your games. I have heard a lot about you from other high school coaches, and think you would be a great asset to the University of Tennessee team. We are graduating 2 starting attackman this year that are currently our leaders in points. There will be a lot of competition for the 3 attack spots between the incoming players, returning starter Jack Cleary, current freshman John Wilson and Kevin Coll. Although next year we should return plenty of experience on the defensive end, we are losing quite a bit of offensive firepower.

Patrick, I checked your teams schedule on Laxpower, and unfortunately I don't think you guys are playing anywhere close enough for us to come and see any of your games. I have heard a lot about you from other high school coaches, and think you would be a great asset to the University of Tennessee team. We are graduating 2 starting attackman this year that are currently our leaders in points. There will be a lot of competition for the 3 attack spots between the incoming players, returning starter Jack Cleary, current freshman John Wilson and Kevin Coll. Although next year we should return plenty of experience on the defensive end, we are losing quite a bit of offensive firepower.

well sounds awesome to me. i can't wait to get up there.

i am enrolled and play for tenn wesleyan this season and i am not sure if i am going to stay here and continue to play...UT is my next choice for school as well as playing lacrosse. I guess im wondering if you guys could use any offensive minded middis...

Coack Kelly you used to be my coach can you guess who i am?

yeah thats my bad you know words are tricky sometimes....has anyone ever tried to get an orginized summer league going in knoxville because i feel i could put something together pretty well i just need some help from some one experienced. Like say i went out to all the high school practices in knoxville and handed out a flyer and talked a little bit about how the league would be run. Think we could get enough people for say like three or four teams to just rotate playing one another?

Tnlaxer369,

The key to getting any summer league going is the high school players. There just aren't enough college and post-college players around to fill out the teams. The last few years it's been a struggle to get the high school players to come out to our weekly pick up games. The high school coaches in Knoxville tell me they're tired of dealing with the kids by the end of the season, and are ready for a break. If we could get about 15 players commited from each high school, and 15 college and post-college players that would be close to what we would need for a 4 team league. We usually get about 5-6 players from Farragut, 3-4 from West Knox, and 0 from Webb. We have always held it at Farragut since they were the largest high school team around, but maybe we need to look at other venues.