Knox Halls

coachtinsider

Spring practice is almost here. It should be an interesting spring. Many of Halls players are in baseball and track. I am not sure when those sports finish. I guess it is a good thing that some younger guys will get some extra reps, but with Maryville just four months off, it would be nice to get more practice time with the likely starters.

I don't think the field house will even break ground before the fall, much less be complete. I heard that there is an issue with finding a suitable site. Maybe Farragut will share some of that 1.1 mil and help us out.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as spring goes, it doesn't look like the Field House is rising ANY TIME SOON. Despite what you may have heard, that's just going to be a while. No coaching changes seemed to be changed with the exception of Coach Williams taking over as Offensive Coordinator in place of the retired Coach Ward.

And for players, the only loss I know of is WR/DB Jeff Noblin. That seems to be the only loss. And gains consist of QB/DB Paul McConkey, OL/DL Zach Shaddix, and Sophomore RB James O'Laughlin

- I hear basketball player Zaboski from Georgia has been working out with the football team. He was an all district performer this year in basketball. Goes about 6'4 or 6'5 and can really jump. Does anyone know if he has played football before? I expect to see him contribute sonewhere if he stays with it.

Spring practice is almost here. It should be an interesting spring. Many of Halls players are in baseball and track. I am not sure when those sports finish. I guess it is a good thing that some younger guys will get some extra reps, but with Maryville just four months off, it would be nice to get more practice time with the likely starters.

I don't think the field house will even break ground before the fall, much less be complete. I heard that there is an issue with finding a suitable site. Maybe Farragut will share some of that 1.1 mil and help us out.

I believe those "issues" are resolved and ground WILL be broken on the field house before Fall.

Spring will be good for our depth; especially at RB.

- I hear basketball player Zaboski from Georgia has been working out with the football team. He was an all district performer this year in basketball. Goes about 6'4 or 6'5 and can really jump. Does anyone know if he has played football before? I expect to see him contribute sonewhere if he stays with it.

Zaboski has been running track and appears to be in very good shape.

He will definately contribute somewhere.

Has anyone been hired to replace the OC that retired? I understand that they hired within staff for the OC, but does that not mean there is still an open coaching position? I heard from a neighbor that the field house is having trouble getting built. Any truth to that?

Last I heard they hired from within staff to replace Coach Williams who is now the new OC. I don't know if that means they have another position still open or not. I think after Coach Polston decided to move on to being baseball only they still had another position open then, but I'm not real sure about that being filled or not and if it was filled then I guess it was Coach Hassell who filled it, but like I said I don't really know for sure. Hassell may have been on staff already.

As for the new field house I believe you heard right because that is what I have been hearing. Anyone know why it's been put off again? I thought the money was there to at least get these kids room to lift and the new location on campus wasn't in a designated flood plane this time either. ZCAR, Ironman, anyone know what's up?

GUY'S in all seriousness, Powell is way better than Hall's....With the return of Kier Houston, Devin Collins, Tyler Drummer, Anthony Phillips, and Jordan Davidson their is nobody in the region who will be able to contend with the Panthers this year...It don't matter how strong Caleb Leonard is if he can't catch nobody on Powell's roster!!!

GUY'S in all seriousness, Powell is way better than Hall's....With the return of Kier Houston, Devin Collins, Tyler Drummer, Anthony Phillips, and Jordan Davidson their is nobody in the region who will be able to contend with the Panthers this year...It don't matter how strong Caleb Leonard is if he can't catch nobody on Powell's roster!!!

Just like Farragut can't handle the hapless Panthers in baseball. You sir are rapidly becoming the laughing stock of Coach T