Knox Halls

coachtinsider

How bout yall go put up a decent fight against red bank!!!haha! I am not sure but i think the score was 35-7 and when they played us it was 30 to 27 so it shows who really had more heart when they needed it in the playoffs!

Are you actually serious?

You're trying to use the "we beat someone by more than you" smack over...

HEAD TO HEAD COMPETITION?

News Flash!

Halls BEAT Powell = Bragging Rights

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted it's early, but for the first practice of Spring, QB Zack Dowdy looked sharp! He just seemed to have a presence in the backfield and also look like he's made some progress in the weightroom. He has nice size. Tyler Turner will be challenged for the starting position IMO and as a result we have 2 very solid choice behind center. We'll need this, along with some sure handed WRs and a stellar defense to make a real run in the post-season.

I am a huge Wesley Kitts fan, but I happen to think the running game, as a whole will be even better than last year, despite Kitt's departure for college.

Kevin Waggoner should be a solid performer at TB and Sophomore James O'Laughlin has the potential to really shine. I think O'Laughlin will be the biggest surpirse on the team, if not the WR coming over from the basketball team. O'Laughlin may be the fastest kid on the team and he runs in that seemingly patented Red Devil style > tough. Add in Ryan Pixley, who when it comes to tough, has no peer on the team and the backfield appears to be deep.

The depth at RB is not the primary reason I say the running game will be improved; the number one reason is I believe we will have a great running game is a "potentially" phenominal offensive line.

Steven Hill has gotten huge in the off-season (in a good way).

Caleb Leonard is, well, Caleb Leonard (possibly the best overall football player in East Tennessee this fall)

Also, rising Junior, Zach Shaddix is huge. He must go 6'3" and 340+. It's not his size that's so impressive, but I've heard great things about his progress in the weightroom. Sure he could stand to lose about 40 pounds to be at a more ideal playing weight, however, he carries his big body around well. I attribute this to the wightroom and his great attitude.

Provided we have a solid performer at Center, this line should be good for a 3-4 yard push on any given play, against anyone.

The kicking game will be solid with Jared Kahn.

Now it's time for us parents and boosters to get behind 'em early.

Granted it's early, but for the first practice of Spring, QB Zack Dowdy looked sharp! He just seemed to have a presence in the backfield and also look like he's made some progress in the weightroom. He has nice size. Tyler Turner will be challenged for the starting position IMO and as a result we have 2 very solid choice behind center. We'll need this, along with some sure handed WRs and a stellar defense to make a real run in the post-season.

I am a huge Wesley Kitts fan, but I happen to think the running game, as a whole will be even better than last year, despite Kitt's departure for college.

Kevin Waggoner should be a solid performer at TB and Sophomore James O'Laughlin has the potential to really shine. I think O'Laughlin will be the biggest surpirse on the team, if not the WR coming over from the basketball team. O'Laughlin may be the fastest kid on the team and he runs in that seemingly patented Red Devil style > tough. Add in Ryan Pixley, who when it comes to tough, has no peer on the team and the backfield appears to be deep.

The depth at RB is not the primary reason I say the running game will be improved; the number one reason is I believe we will have a great running game is a "potentially" phenominal offensive line.

Steven Hill has gotten huge in the off-season (in a good way).

Caleb Leonard is, well, Caleb Leonard (possibly the best overall football player in East Tennessee this fall)

Also, rising Junior, Zach Shaddix is huge. He must go 6'3" and 340+. It's not his size that's so impressive, but I've heard great things about his progress in the weightroom. Sure he could stand to lose about 40 pounds to be at a more ideal playing weight, however, he carries his big body around well. I attribute this to the wightroom and his great attitude.

Provided we have a solid performer at Center, this line should be good for a 3-4 yard push on any given play, against anyone.

The kicking game will be solid with Jared Kahn.

Now it's time for us parents and boosters to get behind 'em early.

What time is the DB scrimmage next Friday and is at at Halls?

HOW MANY PLAYERS ARE MISSING DUE TO SPRING SPORTS AND ARE ANY OF THEM EXPECTED TO BE CONTRIBUTERS. Sorry about the caps?

Yesterday (first day with helmet) there were at least 20 not there due to track, soccer, and baseball. Today, a few more were here for full pads, but still about 10-12 missing. Many of those missing will be major contributors.That said, the team looked good again today. Some Freshmen (rising sophomores) got introduced to the big boys in one on ones. It was entertaining.

What time is the DB scrimmage next Friday and is at at Halls?

Okay, I asked around today at practice and someone told me 6:00 pm for the Dobnbin's Bennett scrimmage next Friday (the 9th). Don't quote that as gospel though. I did NOT get it from any official source.

We (parents / boosters / and friends of Red Devil Football) will be tailgating at the Dobbins Bennett scrimmage next Friday.

All are welcome AND ENCOURAGED to attend. Just bring your own food. We will have a large grill fired up so you can bring raw meats, burgers, dogs, steaks, whatever and your own sides and drinks (no alcohol). >>> We will be tailgating near the field, possibly in or near the North end zone.

The purpose of the tailgate will be for adults to get to know one another and find out how to "plug in" to the football fraternity at Halls.

I will provide updated rosters (as of today's practice) to everyone in attendance at the tailgate.

Even if you don't want to eat or hang out, stop by an get a roster.

We will tailgate again on the 16th, but not at the Red & White game (on the 19th) as we expect the concession stand to be open for that.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO RED DEVILS!

We (parents / boosters / and friends of Red Devil Football) will be tailgating at the Dobbins Bennett scrimmage next Friday.

All are welcome AND ENCOURAGED to attend. Just bring your own food. We will have a large grill fired up so you can bring raw meats, burgers, dogs, steaks, whatever and your own sides and drinks (no alcohol). >>> We will be tailgating near the field, possibly in or near the North end zone.

The purpose of the tailgate will be for adults to get to know one another and find out how to "plug in" to the football fraternity at Halls.

I will provide updated rosters (as of today's practice) to everyone in attendance at the tailgate.

We will tailgate again on the 16th, but not at the Red & White game (on the 19th) as we expect the concession stand to be open for that.

what's going on the 16th?

Thanks for the link, but since it's to be determined who we're scrimmaging on the 16th, do we know who that's going to be since the website was last updated (whenever that was)? It'd be nice to know if i can go to that scrimmage. Sometimes I'm called on to do some traveling around east tennessee and usually teams aren't fortunate enough to have 2 home scrimmages. Is it at home?

We would like for you Halls fans do the Dobyns-Bennett folks a favor? Since most of us won't be driving to Knoxville on Friday for the scrimmage, how about giving us your assessment of how the Indians look. If you could, give us your thoughts on team speed and the play of tailback Chris Sensabaugh. Maybe we can return the favor some time.