BEST Place to play BASEBALL?

RiverCityRage

Guest inappropriate87

of course bein from Lookout Valley i am spoiled with having a good field, but one of my favorite fields is hixon. the outfield is pretty rough but i love the infield. how it looks and feels.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suprised Union City hasn't gotten any love. http://www.ucturf.com/elam.html

I'll give Union City some love! That is a NICE field! And also about 5 years ago I played for Newbern Babe Ruth and we traveled to Union City and played on a nice field as well... It had an awesome score board for a Babe Ruth field! Coca-Cola is a wonderful sponsor in Union City athletics!

I'll give Union City some love! That is a NICE field! And also about 5 years ago I played for Newbern Babe Ruth and we traveled to Union City and played on a nice field as well... It had an awesome score board for a Babe Ruth field! Coca-Cola is a wonderful sponsor in Union City athletics!

Yes, and the high school field is getting a new score board after the season. The field is dressed very well and the grass is cut short and fast. There are also batting cages for both teams.

Yes, and the high school field is getting a new score board after the season. The field is dressed very well and the grass is cut short and fast. There are also batting cages for both teams.

Thats cool! I don't know many places that have a batting cage for both teams!

Naw, there are double mounds in the field of play. They aren't much of a factor as there is so much foul room.

Ripley has had a nice field for a while now too.

I deleted that post about the bullpen cause I thought about you could probably use the batting cage for a bullpen if you wanted to!

Yeah Ripley's is nice and Milan's field is nice too! Crockett County has a nice field but the sun in the afternoon games aren't fun for first base or batting!

I'm suprised Union City hasn't gotten any love. http://www.ucturf.com/elam.html

Definitely second to none. Has box seats behind home plate. This field is also used for a semi-pro team, The Union City Greyhounds. Started the Kitty League a few years ago. The city now has a turf management group that is completely redoing the whole park. An awesome sight. Check out their work at War Memorial Stadium (UCHS FB). You can see it on this website as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Definitely second to none. Has box seats behind home plate. This field is also used for a semi-pro team, The Union City Greyhounds. Started the Kitty League a few years ago. The city now has a turf management group that is completely redoing the whole park. An awesome sight. Check out their work at War Memorial Stadium (UCHS FB). You can see it on this website as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They did a fantastic job on the football field! Thanks for clearing up the Greyhounds i was gonna ask who they were!