DC Baseball

beavo5

Hey, here's an idea, let's talk about the team and how they are looking so far! How are the newcomers doing? How's the pitching looking? Can Derek Simms improve from last year? Can Shea improve on his 64 hits from last year?

I'm ALL for that ! I didn't open this "can of worms" ! It was someone who has no affiliation with Dyer County basbell ! I went back through their posts & all concern the Trojans. Derrick will be strong this year & Shea is a "natural" ! All & all they should be strong (Lots of talent top to bottom couldn't name 'em all). As posted in an earlier post ...... only lost 3 starters. Pitching is looking good and I'm ALL about the team ! I just don't like "meddlers" that have no concerns in D.C. baseball other than to "diss" anything that they can find ! Dyersbirg person for sure .................... that explains it all ! And I am not "dissin" all Trojan fans, just the "bitter few" that think they are superior to anyone or any team............ most especially Dyer County ! I'm ALL about talkin' Choctaw BASEBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, here's an idea, let's talk about the team and how they are looking so far! How are the newcomers doing? How's the pitching looking? Can Derek Simms improve from last year? Can Shea improve on his 64 hits from last year?

We're on the same page there! B.A. and Mike Gray are looking solid on the mound! As for Simms he could improve or he could decrease from last year only time will tell! Shea can hit i've heard a saying all of my life "Hitters hit" and Shea is a hitter I believe he'll get back to that 64 or better!

We're on the same page there! B.A. and Mike Gray are looking solid on the mound! As for Simms he could improve or he could decrease from last year only time will tell! Shea can hit i've heard a saying all of my life "Hitters hit" and Shea is a hitter I believe he'll get back to that 64 or better!

That's good! Looking forward to seeing them 2morrow in adamsville.

Wanna know whats worse than not having a job? Not having any common sense the thread says DC Baseball not what is B.A. doing this week or weekend... and I know B.A. is on the team but he isn't the whole team understand what you are posting on before your little fingers get to walking across the wrong letters on the keyboard!!!

You GO beavo ! I agree 100 % "there ain't no "I" in team" ! The D.C. "haters" from D'burg been ridin' him like a "government mule" since the "Homecoming" fiasco anyhow (please note I only mentioned haters). Coach P.O. knows how to run his team & does a great job IMO ! playbook is just another disgruntled Trojan fan that can't accept the fact that D.C. is becoming a force to be reckoned with in all sports arenas /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ! Thank God there are fans on both D.C.'s side AND Dyersburgs as well that respect & even support the other unless they are competing against each other ! Have you heard any results from the Adamsville tournament ? I'm so dang far away I'm not sure if they have started yet ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GOOO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You GO beavo ! I agree 100 % "there ain't no "I" in team" ! The D.C. "haters" from D'burg been ridin' him like a "government mule" since the "Homecoming" fiasco anyhow (please note I only mentioned haters). Coach P.O. knows how to run his team & does a great job IMO ! playbook is just another disgruntled Trojan fan that can't accept the fact that D.C. is becoming a force to be reckoned with in all sports arenas /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ! Thank God there are fans on both D.C.'s side AND Dyersburgs as well that respect & even support the other unless they are competing against each other ! Have you heard any results from the Adamsville tournament ? I'm so dang far away I'm not sure if they have started yet ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GOOO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have any stats from the tournament went up to the City Parks and some practicing its been almost a year since I've picked up one of those baseballs! and I found out I still got it! Would like to know some stats as well! Anyone with stats??

I don't have any stats from the tournament went up to the City Parks and some practicing its been almost a year since I've picked up one of those baseballs! and I found out I still got it! Would like to know some stats as well! Anyone with stats??

they lost thurs 3-2 against adamsville micheal grey pitched, beat nashville christian 7-0 (i think),lost to lawrence co 6-1 ,in 3 games have had 4 homeruns hit (all i can remember) play harpeth tomorow

they lost thurs 3-2 against adamsville micheal grey pitched, beat nashville christian 7-0 (i think),lost to lawrence co 6-1 ,in 3 games have had 4 homeruns hit (all i can remember) play harpeth tomorow

Keep us posted ! Who threw against Lawrence County ? Man we're stuck up here where all they throw is snowballs ! Supposed to get 2 - 5 more incehes tonight & tomorrow. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I'm ready to get back & see some "Choctaw Baseball", Southern weather & "sweet tea" ! Keep 'em straight dalejr2 ! Hope to see y'all soon !

Keep us posted ! Who threw against Lawrence County ? Man we're stuck up here where all they throw is snowballs ! Supposed to get 2 - 5 more incehes tonight & tomorrow. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I'm ready to get back & see some "Choctaw Baseball", Southern weather & "sweet tea" ! Keep 'em straight dalejr2 ! Hope to see y'all soon !

chad statrted against lawrence co.and dylan bevis came in last few in. jp pitched 6 in against ncs

chad statrted against lawrence co.and dylan bevis came in last few in. jp pitched 6 in against ncs

We are new to Dyer Co. so I am stating my opinion only from what I have seen this season. This is a STRONG group of players. I think Chad is probably the most talented player on this team........he plays well at any position he's been placed and he's a hitter--all around solid player. I like seeing JP in center and pitching..he does well in both positions, plus he's batting 3rd & rightly so! BA is a better pitcher than catcher, yet I think he's a better football player than baseball player. Nothing against him because he's a good baseball player, he's just an even better football player! T.Lyons is a fantastic catcher with a lot of bat power! He's not too shabby in OF either! Shea played 2nd today and impressed me. Thought he did a great job there and I know how well he plays SS.....not to mention his bat! Morgan is quite impressive at 3rd, just going through a little slump right now at the plate, but all in all a great player and a great kid. Derrick is a strong pitcher and his batting has been pretty hot too, which you usually don't see in pitchers. Cody Starks looks promising as a lefty pitcher and was quite impressive in the OF Thursday......made a diving catch I didn't think he would get close to. Our loss to Adamsville did not reflect the greatness of Mike Grey's pitching. He did his job, but our defense was weak the first 2-3 innings and we just could not catch up. DH (Haycraft) our DH most times, definately earns that spot. He's a go getter, hungry for baseball action! Biscuit, as they call him, seems to have power pitching and batting; however, I think he just needs to get a little more confidence (and that will come with more playtime) and he'll be fine! If I've left anyone out, it is NOT intentional. I'm just still learning everyone and gosh, they all look alike out there sometimes!

I will say that overall, this team is strong in many areas. They are all hard workers and respect their teammates, whether they are on the field or off. They have accepted the newbies because they've seen their work ethics and know they are serious about the game.

Again, these are ONLY my opinions and I am female so they are subject to change!...........LOL perhaps as soon as tomorrow! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />...............see, it's already changed....I left out NEWELL!!! I don't want to come across the wrong way (guess I shouldn't have chosen a member name that would associate me with anyone) but Nick Newell has a lot to offer this team. He is super fast lefty in the outfield with a good glove, he has quick hands and bat speed at the plate, he has more desire to play baseball than most, and I hear he's got awesome parents! LOL

We are new to Dyer Co. so I am stating my opinion only from what I have seen this season. This is a STRONG group of players. I think Chad is probably the most talented player on this team........he plays well at any position he's been placed and he's a hitter--all around solid player. I like seeing JP in center and pitching..he does well in both positions, plus he's batting 3rd & rightly so! BA is a better pitcher than catcher, yet I think he's a better football player than baseball player. Nothing against him because he's a good baseball player, he's just an even better football player! T.Lyons is a fantastic catcher with a lot of bat power! He's not too shabby in OF either! Shea played 2nd today and impressed me. Thought he did a great job there and I know how well he plays SS.....not to mention his bat! Morgan is quite impressive at 3rd, just going through a little slump right now at the plate, but all in all a great player and a great kid. Derrick is a strong pitcher and his batting has been pretty hot too, which you usually don't see in pitchers. Cody Starks looks promising as a lefty pitcher and was quite impressive in the OF Thursday......made a diving catch I didn't think he would get close to. Our loss to Adamsville did not reflect the greatness of Mike Grey's pitching. He did his job, but our defense was weak the first 2-3 innings and we just could not catch up. DH (Haycraft) our DH most times, definately earns that spot. He's a go getter, hungry for baseball action! Biscuit, as they call him, seems to have power pitching and batting; however, I think he just needs to get a little more confidence (and that will come with more playtime) and he'll be fine! If I've left anyone out, it is NOT intentional. I'm just still learning everyone and gosh, they all look alike out there sometimes!

I will say that overall, this team is strong in many areas. They are all hard workers and respect their teammates, whether they are on the field or off. They have accepted the newbies because they've seen their work ethics and know they are serious about the game.

Again, these are ONLY my opinions and I am female so they are subject to change!...........LOL perhaps as soon as tomorrow! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />...............see, it's already changed....I left out NEWELL!!! I don't want to come across the wrong way (guess I shouldn't have chosen a member name that would associate me with anyone) but Nick Newell has a lot to offer this team. He is super fast lefty in the outfield with a good glove, he has quick hands and bat speed at the plate, he has more desire to play baseball than most, and I hear he's got awesome parents! LOL

WoW... Great Post! 1 of the best break downs of a team I've seen!