Mr. Basketball

volman

Was everyone satisfied with the selections?

I was really surprised with the AA selection. I`m sure Jenkins is a good guy and great player, but I`m a little surprised. I think of a Mr. BB as being the obvious best player on the team, therefore being the team leader. IMO, if you have two teams with finalist in the tourney, I would`ve thought one of those players would`ve won it because they had led their teams there. Yes I`m a DC fan and know how important Blake is to the Choctaws as is "Z" to CPA, but never had the chance to see Jenkins simply because. I thought Mason might slightly edge out Blake, but I`m sure this young man is deserving.

MJ was no surprise at all.

Congrats to all the winners.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really surprised with the AA selection. I`m sure Jenkins is a good guy and great player, but I`m a little surprised. I think of a Mr. BB as being the obvious best player on the team, therefore being the team leader. IMO, if you have two teams with finalist in the tourney, I would`ve thought one of those players would`ve won it because they had led their teams there. Yes I`m a DC fan and know how important Blake is to the Choctaws as is "Z" to CPA, but never had the chance to see Jenkins simply because. I thought Mason might slightly edge out Blake, but I`m saure this young man is deserving.

A and AAA was no surprise to me at all.

Congrats to all three winners.

Everyone knows I'm a DC fan... isn't like it's hard to find that out!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But as for Mr. Basketball goes it is already decided before the tournament even starts with that being said... Jenkins averaged 30 pts/game during the season that is quite Impressive and hard to overlook just because he and his team isn't in the tournament!

Everyone knows I'm a DC fan... isn't like it's hard to find that out!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But as for Mr. Basketball goes it is already decided before the tournament even starts with that being said... Jenkins averaged 30 pts/game during the season that is quite Impressive and hard to overlook just because he and his team isn't in the tournament!

Jenkins is a phenom. Nothing short of it. Already committed to Vandy, averaged 30 points as a junior. Plays with Z in AAU, so I know Z is not mad that he won it because he knows how good he is. You will be seeing a lot of Jenkins in the future and Vandy and most likely in the league... Who won AAA??? Jones or Caldwell??

Jenkins is a phenom. Nothing short of it. Already committed to Vandy, averaged 30 points as a junior. Plays with Z in AAU, so I know Z is not mad that he won it because he knows how good he is. You will be seeing a lot of Jenkins in the future and Vandy and most likely in the league... Who won AAA??? Jones or Caldwell??

Neither... Terrico White won

Is Jenkins a jr. or a sr. i heard he was a jr.

I was really surprised with the AA selection. I`m sure Jenkins is a good guy and great player, but I`m a little surprised. I think of a Mr. BB as being the obvious best player on the team, therefore being the team leader. IMO, if you have two teams with finalist in the tourney, I would`ve thought one of those players would`ve won it because they had led their teams there. Yes I`m a DC fan and know how important Blake is to the Choctaws as is "Z" to CPA, but never had the chance to see Jenkins simply because. I thought Mason might slightly edge out Blake, but I`m sure this young man is deserving.

Jenkins was deserving. Not only is he the best player in AA, but probably the best player in any class in the state of TN. I saw a lot of great players in the state tourney, but none with the whole package Jenkins has.

I would expect Joe Jackson (White Station) to have a good shot in AAA next year and the year after. I was very impressed with this young man.

MJ Brown is a fine player and very deserving of the award but the true travesty here is that Jeremy Sexton didn't even get as much as a sniff at being a finalist for this award! I am in no way a Temple fan as a matter of fact i don't really like them but fair is fair. He shut MJ down in a heads up matchup all the while dropping 30 on Union City's whole team and almost single handedly beat UC, and his numbers are better than the other three. MJ is probably the only one of the three that is close in talent to this kid. Congrats to MJ and Union City but somehow the politics need to stay out of the voting process and pick the best player period.

MJ Brown is a fine player and very deserving of the award but the true travesty here is that Jeremy Sexton didn't even get as much as a sniff at being a finalist for this award! I am in no way a Temple fan as a matter of fact i don't really like them but fair is fair. He shut MJ down in a heads up matchup all the while dropping 30 on Union City's whole team and almost single handedly beat UC, and his numbers are better than the other three. MJ is probably the only one of the three that is close in talent to this kid. Congrats to MJ and Union City but somehow the politics need to stay out of the voting process and pick the best player period.

your right politics does need to stay out of it , but who chooses these kids to even be in the running for such an award. is it the coaches ,schools or tssaa that nominates them.