Coffee County Girls basketball

windysports

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good will they be? Rumor is that they might not even have enough to make a team. it is sad to see a team like Coffee County who has always been in the top 2 or 3 in there region sink to the door mat of the conf. i hope someone will see what is going on and make a change.

Coach is making excellent progress with the volleyball and tennis teams. get off his back.

Not sure you picked up on my sarcasm.........The basketball coach should be focused on BASKETBALL year round.

This is high school (not the pros.)! If you seriously expect a coach to only coach one sport, then you should equally expect players to specialize as well. How many of the Coffee County athletes play multiple sports? None of these kids are going pro or even Division I. Let them enjoy the experience and play any sport that interests them. Be fortunate your county has a coach that encourages kids to enjoy multiple sports.

How good will they be? Rumor is that they might not even have enough to make a team. it is sad to see a team like Coffee County who has always been in the top 2 or 3 in there region sink to the door mat of the conf. i hope someone will see what is going on and make a change.

Are you joking? When was the last time CC was top in the conference? Over a decade ago? The teams above CC had Division I players, decent facilities, community support, etc. You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip! I've watched them play. They've got nothing! I'd say their coach worked miracles just to have a winning season.

Are you joking? When was the last time CC was top in the conference? Over a decade ago? The teams above CC had Division I players, decent facilities, community support, etc. You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip! I've watched them play. They've got nothing! I'd say their coach worked miracles just to have a winning season.

You don't have the full picture Maverick. Its funny you say they have not been in the top of their conference in the last decade. Well you can attribute half of that decade to the outgoing coach. And it's hard to say how many division one players CC could have and should have had. The outgoing coach seemed to thrive on running quality players away from the program. The outgoing coach discouraged his athletes from competing at their full potential regardless of the sport they chose to play. Example: BB players that did very well in the state track tournament. Your right, you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip, but you can get better if you spend your practice time shooting. Spend more time shooting and working fundamentals instead of cleaning the locker room. Since you seem to have all the answers: what did he do to improve his off season program? what did he do to improve his feeder program? The miracles you say he worked were done by the 3 seniors on the team and by the way have all had college offers to play collegiate athletics. I have also been watching CC for more years than I can count. I have witnessed this coach quitting on his team more than once and the players stepping up and controlling the game. How can you say the prior D1 players had better facilities. It's the same gym that CC has played in for the past 30 years plus we now have a state of the art rec center that is available. The community support is there and always has been. The problem is the outgoing coach didn't want the community support. Just go ask some of those former D1 players. They will tell you.