District 13

dcsoftball

I think this will be a two team race in the end between Dyer Co. and Dyersburg. I don't think any of the other teams will be able to compete with these two teams in the end. Pitching and hitting too strong.

Westview has not really played anyone and I have heard that there are significant injuries to OC which will prevent them from doing any damage this year.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview has not really played anyone?? They tied TCA...the two time defending class A champion...0-0. They have also played some other top quality teams as well. They have the same pitcher who many of the teams in the district could barely even hit last year and who led the Lady Chargers to the state tournament. They only lost two starters from last year's team and they made it to the state tournament. Please tell me why Westview doesn't have a chance this year??

Dyer Co was too play Dyersburg monday an tuesday but was rained out, mondays game will be played saturday ,dont know about the tuesday game yet.

We did get too play wednesday ,Ripley came too us we lost 2-0 alot better then the last time we played them,was supose too play today Haywood comming here but looks the rain has got us agian.

rain needs too go away so we can play ball...lol

Wow!!! Kaine22...... You must not have heard obout some of the teams Westview has played. Dyer Co. and Dyersburge will be tough. But there is no way you can leave Westview out of the race. Most people are Picking Westview to win it all. I wonder if you really meant that or just trying to pull the Westview fans chain......smile!!!!

But with that said thats why they play the games!!!! Good Luck to all and Get well soon to the Eaves kid at Obion!!!

At least we are talking West Tn. softball (((KEEP IT UP))) Some pretty good teams on this side of the river /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />//Smile!!!

Westview got hot at the right time last year. Everyone will bring their A game this year and there won't be any surprises. The other region brings some heavy opponents as well. Ripley, Covington, and Haywood will be tough to beat on any day. Should be very interesting come tournament time.

Can't leave Gibson out of the race either. They appear to be playing good softball.

Their ace pitcher is Allison Todd whom is a Senior. They also have a Junior in Brittney Garner that can also pitch well. In 11 games they have given up only 39 points. That is an average of 3 points per game. I haven't gotten to watch the Softball team play this year (I'm sure I'll watch some of the games coming up here next week) but I get some of my info from a pretty reliable resource. Katie Davis is the big stick on the team. She hit 2 home runs in the game Wednesday versus West Carroll and now has 6 homeruns in her 4 years at Gibson Co. so far. They were supposed to have played Milan today but it was cancelled. They travel to Dresden Monday to play against the Lions and travel Tuesday to a District match-up against Crockett Co.

Yeah i disagree with kaine, i dont think any one team in this district is better then the other ,they are all lookin about equal,also you haft to just count the District games not the non District games,it dont mean anything unless you beat the ones in your District.

I mean sure it helps to play teams out of your District to make your team better ,,but it all comes down to the teams in your District that is what gives you braggin rights.