District 13

dcsoftball

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson may have the best team from what I've heard. Dyersburg slumping right now but I expect them to come back strong. When Westview and Gibson play it could be a very big game as the winner could gather a grip on the district to that point.

The View seems to be riding on a high right now but give them time besides their coaching lacks a little to be desired. Crockett playing better too. Crockett and Obion may have the best coaching and youth in the district.

Other teams in this area to look for. Camden young but playing good ball. Can't overlook Huntington with their pitching talent

What about you Wild West: You been watching any games? Anybody else got predictions for this area? I've only seen a handful of games and relying on info i hear.

I am hearing Ripley is tearing it up right now..... I think Westview will play them in the big tourn. in Martin this weekend. That will be a game worth paying for. I am going to try and be there for that one. Of course Covington is looking good right now. They say Toby was having pitching problems at the beginning of the year but it looks like she has settle down. Covington has beaten both Westview and Ripley if I am correct.

I've seen Westview play a couple of times this year they are a much better team right now then what they where when the first played Covington. The bats have come alive!!!! The defence is just awsome with the two great pitchers they have. It is almost unfair to have to girls that can pitch the way they do. One is a Freshman and I think the other is a Soph. Wow....Westview will be strong on defence for awhile.

As for the coaching I think they are just as strong as anyone. Probably on of the best small ball teams in the West!!! They will bunt you to death!!! They also have good pop through out the line up!!!

Going to be a great season!!! Has anyone seen the Obion Co. fields I heard they have done a lot of work there!!!

The Gibson and Westview game will be a good one. Hey Kaine 22 you might be right about Gibson. They are tied for 1st place with the View. Might spell trouble for Almight Martin /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

With that said I am putting my odds on Westview!!!

The Gibson and Westview game will be a good one. Hey Kaine 22 you might be right about Gibson. They are tied for 1st place with the View. Might spell trouble for Almight Martin /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

With that said I am putting my odds on Westview!!!

WESTVIEW 7 GIBSON CO. 2

WESTVIEW 7 GIBSON CO. 2

Westview just flat outhit Gibson County but I wouldn't count the Lady Pioneers out just yet. They have really come a long way from where they have been in the past. Who knows they may surprise Westview the next time they play them. You have to give the girls credit. They have a good team and a good coach.

I wasn't at the game but I heard Westview looked pretty good. I heard the middle of the line up for Westview was struggling a little with the hitting but everyone else looked good. Coach Henson has this G.C. team playing pretty good ball right now. I think the face Dyer Co. today. And the View goes to D-burg tody. Dyesburg Will be looking for revenge after the View put it on them in Martin. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Looks like Obion is coming to life They will be pretty good once the Eaves kid comes back completly!!!! Good luck to all!!!!

How is Dyer Co. doing?

Any more big district games today???

I wasn't at the game but I heard Westview looked pretty good. I heard the middle of the line up for Westview was struggling a little with the hitting but everyone else looked good. Coach Henson has this G.C. team playing pretty good ball right now. I think the face Dyer Co. today. And the View goes to D-burg tody. Dyesburg Will be looking for revenge after the View put it on them in Martin. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Looks like Obion is coming to life They will be pretty good once the Eaves kid comes back completly!!!! Good luck to all!!!!

How is Dyer Co. doing?

Any more big district games today???

Gibson County does not play today. They play at Westview on Thursday. Is the Eaves kid playing now. Anyone know who won the Dyer Co. and Crockett Co. game from yesterday???

I think it's awesome to see this level of competitiveness in West Tenn softball. I think it's a great testament to the middle school programs and travel ball experience that these girls are getting before they even enter high school. From top to bottom District 13 has some good teams, then when you add in teams like Covington, Ripley, TCA, Lexington, McNairy, and Camden, it shows the level of progress the West has made!