Volunteer Falcons 2008?

VHSFALCONS

You do realize that Sensabaugh from DB was classed a freshman but was the same age as sophomores and some juniors. He had almost 2 full years of growth on other freshman, of course he was a "freshman" standout.

Yes I do realize that, but do you realize he is being compared to him so thats why that name was brought up.

ONCE AGAIN I'M NOT DOWNING THE GUY!! Drop the situation and talk about the team. I hear it was a great start to the south scrim. I was told by my ex roommate who is helping coach at south that volunteer was hitting them in the mouth and getting after it but after shorten by two lightening flashes and started back up again south came out on top but just by one score. Lets here the side from someone else who was there. Season is one week away get after them boys!

GO Falcons!

GO Wasp!

Smith25(52)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do realize that, but do you realize he is being compared to him so thats why that name was brought up.

ONCE AGAIN I'M NOT DOWNING THE GUY!! Drop the situation and talk about the team. I hear it was a great start to the south scrim. I was told by my ex roommate who is helping coach at south that volunteer was hitting them in the mouth and getting after it but after shorten by two lightening flashes and started back up again south came out on top but just by one score. Lets here the side from someone else who was there. Season is one week away get after them boys!

GO Falcons!

GO Wasp!

Smith25(52)

Volunteer started off strong in the scrimmage. Cradic made good decisions and Isaac was running the ball hard. Volunteer had the ball 4th and 2 on the 8yd line before it was delayed by lightning. Unfortunately south stopped them after the delay. The D looked good causing 2 turnovers in the scrimmage. The scrimmage was short so I didn't see alot from either team but South should be good this season they have some good players on their squad. As for Volunteer if the line can give Cradic some time and create space for the RB's and the D keeps up the good work I think Volunteer can be really good this season.

Go Falcons

Volunteer looked pretty decent on offense and defense the first couple of series, but punted once and turned it over on downs inside the ten yard line. Defense looked great until after the delay, good hard hitting and quick to the ball. After the delay South marched the length of the field but coughed it up inside the ten yard line. Volunteer could not move the ball out of their own end of the field and South scored on about a three or four play 40 yard drive.

South is definitely a very strong team ( stronger than last year IMO ), so it was good for our guys to get to scrimmage them, even though it was only about half a scrimmage due to the weather. South has all the tools to go three deep in the playoffs, maybe farther if no key injuries or overlook somebody along the way.

Volunteer should be able to make the playoffs IMO. It will all depend on how much more improvement this team has left. They have steadily improved and each week they look more like a playoff team. It will be a tough road but it should be a realistic goal to make the playoffs.

NOTE: After watching the MLC Jamboree.... South should easily win the conference, probably followed by the winner of the Sullivan East / TN High game. Elizabethton will probably get the 4th playoff spot. TN High defense looked good, Sullivan East offense looked good ( considering they were playing South- the best Defense in the conference )

Game of the year will be TN High / Sullivan East 21-20 toss up

First off im so tired of reading about this crap with devin...yes he is a great athlete and will help the falcons out alot this year and even more in the years to come....but yes he is cocky, and yes i know him personaly but i think as the season goes that cockyness will fade because i dont think he will be starting RB, and by him standing on the sidelines a little bit will humble him up alot. Now.....i will eat a little (just a little) crow because he showed me that he can take a lick. He got his world rocked at gate city and then got right back up and started running his mouth to the guy. I thought it was great. Thats the cockyness he needs to have on the GAME field, and he showed his heart by running down that guy in the endzone, i know he scored but devin was the only one bustin his hump to make that play. i hope nothing but good things for him. I hope he accepts his responsiblities of his role on the team and push the cockyness aside. If he does that then there will be noone hatin on him.

Boys play hard tomorrow but not to hard its just a waste of time. Im sure you boys have heard coach Rider say that. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

A bit of a change of subject here gentleman...

I wanted to get this thread back onto the main page, see what the community is thinking. I attended the Five Rivers Jamboree, watched the first two quarters, Volunteer v. Daniel Boone and Morristown East v. Greeneville. My observations were split on Volunteer. Not knowing much about the players and the program than what I've read in the papers, on tricitiessports.com, or on these message boards, I saw potential in the Falcons. As previously stated by others, the team does appear a bit undersized, but the effort is most definitely there. On offense, Luke Cradic looks to be a good successor at the quarterback position. The running game looks like it could be ok. The receiving corps looks to be decent as well. The defense had its moments, but allowing Boone to rail off a few 5+ yard runs and a few 5+ yard passes, and nickel and dime their way down the field as time ran out on the quarter, didn't leave me optimistic. I trust Coach Rider will shore that side of the ball up before opening up at Sullivan East. The kicker that I saw, however, is the topic of execution and consistency. If Volunteer executes, they should most definitely be in the thick of the 4th playoff spot. However, if the Falcons don't execute you can write them off. Consistency looks to be the biggest issue with this group, though that should be expected at this point in the year, with many new players stepping into starting rolls.

I am a budding Falcon supporter; hopefully you will accept me into your lines. I just wanted to offer my thoughts, seeing as no one has commented on the jamboree performance to date.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a change of subject here gentleman...

I wanted to get this thread back onto the main page, see what the community is thinking. I attended the Five Rivers Jamboree, watched the first two quarters, Volunteer v. Daniel Boone and Morristown East v. Greeneville. My observations were split on Volunteer. Not knowing much about the players and the program than what I've read in the papers, on tricitiessports.com, or on these message boards, I saw potential in the Falcons. As previously stated by others, the team does appear a bit undersized, but the effort is most definitely there. On offense, Luke Cradic looks to be a good successor at the quarterback position. The running game looks like it could be ok. The receiving corps looks to be decent as well. The defense had its moments, but allowing Boone to rail off a few 5+ yard runs and a few 5+ yard passes, and nickel and dime their way down the field as time ran out on the quarter, didn't leave me optimistic. I trust Coach Rider will shore that side of the ball up before opening up at Sullivan East. The kicker that I saw, however, is the topic of execution and consistency. If Volunteer executes, they should most definitely be in the thick of the 4th playoff spot. However, if the Falcons don't execute you can write them off. Consistency looks to be the biggest issue with this group, though that should be expected at this point in the year, with many new players stepping into starting rolls.

I am a budding Falcon supporter; hopefully you will accept me into your lines. I just wanted to offer my thoughts, seeing as no one has commented on the jamboree performance to date.

Welcome to the Falcon fold, and your input is wanted and accepted here. Thanks

What does everyone think about how Volunteer looked against East?

I'll start off by first saying that the defense played their "BUTTS" off all night long but were put into some bad situations and were on the field way to much! The defense stopped East's running game and contained Gaby pretty much all night but you could see where they got gassed at the end and getting robbed for that 4th down stop didn't help either! Although we should have never been in that situation to begin with, it was brought on by our own doing. I'm not sure if it was first game jitters or what but they didn't look like the same team from the scrimmages I seen earlier, the big question I think most of us had was how is the O-line going to perform? The coaches have some things to correct in that area and like I said I hope is was just first game jitters and nerves. Receivers got to do a better job of catching the ball and the QB needs to bring the passes down just a hair and they'll be fine plain and simple, but the receivers can't be scared to catch the ball either! This was a very winnable game for us if things could have just gotten on track offensively a little bit, like coach Rider said we had 3 turnovers and they had 3 TD's its as simple as that. The boys just need to settle down a little bit for their next game against Cocke County, practice hard with the coaches corrections this week, forget last weeks game, and go out and have fun beating Cocke County!