webb vs. portland

easttnref

good win for seymour, portland made it to sectionals last year and hung with webb, so this result is very solid for the eagles.

i dont think u can call it a solid win when portland lost 6 or 7 seniors tht lead their team to sectionals the only returning starter is elias who is a really good player but by any means dont say its a solid win the only impact players they have are elias and his lil brother

i dont think u can call it a solid win when portland lost 6 or 7 seniors tht lead their team to sectionals the only returning starter is elias who is a really good player but by any means dont say its a solid win the only impact players they have are elias and his lil brother

I'd actually say that it was a good win. This is coming from someone who follows portland pretty closely. Granted it could have gone the other way. Elias isn't the ONLY starter that is returning. I can think of at least 4 or 5 others. Portland did lose some incredible talent though. As for the impact players, elias is definately the impact player of this team. His play, and more importantly, his attitude affects the team greatly. His lil brother is a terrific freshman but I think it's a bit of a stretch to consider him an impact player. although i do see a ton of potential given the right oppurtunities. The season is still young. Other players just might arise from this team. Congrats to the seymour team. My only advice is to not rely on a single player. Good win though

didn't realize that they lost so much, but how did they hang with webb, then, portland must still have a decent team.

didn't realize that they lost so much, but how did they hang with webb, then, portland must still have a decent team.

they lost a ton. not just in quantity but in quality also. Three of the players they lost went on to play college soccer and two others were foreign players that were flat out amazing. both were juniors and both were probably better than any of the seniors. Although portland's record doesn't show it, they are still a good team. They have played some VERY good teams (minus merryl hyde). They return a good senior class. a very good player on defense (whose name i can't remember right now but he's the sweeper) and a great midfielder in groft (memphis signee). they have a good team