RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS

riverdaleman

yeah i understand that but i am not familiar with the competition that goes to EKU we have some impressive scores that hicotton showed and i was wanting to get familiar with who we are playing you know are we that good or are they that bad or a little of both type question....what is Bolus though is that a college i have never heard of that

Bolus is a guy that rates players as to their potential as college players. Look through the message board threads and you will find one started by him in late April - early May.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolus is a guy that rates players as to their potential as college players. Look through the message board threads and you will find one started by him in late April - early May.

OK 20, thought I would slip that one by you but you are too sharp. You are right on track, Some HS coaches might attend Eastern Kentucky not only to hone skills but for exposure of players to college coaches and Bolus who is in that area. IMO, and I'm very likely in a minority here, it should be a coaches responsibility to understand their players needs along that line and put them in a position to perform and possibility qualify for playing at one of those schools and if one looks back as to how a coach spends their summers, that should be something a prospective hire should be asked about. Certainly all would not have done that but it could be a tiebreaker especially to a player and likely a group of parents. The previous RD coach was good at that as is the current and her asst and for that matter a lot of head coaches. There are some who do not understand the time and nuisances a GOOD head coach goes thru in the total scheme of things and the importance of hiring the right person. Look how much agonizing and time it takes to find the right person and for the interviewer to understand the total capabilities of the PERSON. And then when the right person comes along, a group complains about how he or she runs things. If the right person comes along and does things he or she should, those who are involved had better hang on to them. Conversely, if the opposite is true.........................

As a footnote, parents if you are paying for a coaches supplement or are responsible for raising money for a program, IMO the coach should be held responsibility for helping his senior players to find a capable school they can play with according to their abilities. That's the finishing up process for helping a school's athletic program. Will that always happen, no. Does a student wait for that to happen? NO Should a coach's success over time reflect how many student athletes he or she has helped? You betcha. Can that be done with coaches staying a couple of years at a time and leaving? NO. My soapbox is finished.

OK 20, thought I would slip that one by you but you are too sharp. You are right on track, Some HS coaches might attend Eastern Kentucky not only to hone skills but for exposure of players to college coaches and Bolus who is in that area. IMO, and I'm very likely in a minority here, it should be a coaches responsibility to understand their players needs along that line and put them in a position to perform and possibility qualify for playing at one of those schools and if one looks back as to how a coach spends their summers, that should be something a prospective hire should be asked about. Certainly all would not have done that but it could be a tiebreaker especially to a player and likely a group of parents. The previous RD coach was good at that as is the current and her asst and for that matter a lot of head coaches. There are some who do not understand the time and nuisances a GOOD head coach goes thru in the total scheme of things and the importance of hiring the right person. Look how much agonizing and time it takes to find the right person and for the interviewer to understand the total capabilities of the PERSON. And then when the right person comes along, a group complains about how he or she runs things. If the right person comes along and does things he or she should, those who are involved had better hang on to them. Conversely, if the opposite is true.........................

As a footnote, parents if you are paying for a coaches supplement or are responsible for raising money for a program, IMO the coach should be held responsibility for helping his senior players to find a capable school they can play with according to their abilities. That's the finishing up process for helping a school's athletic program. Will that always happen, no. Does a student wait for that to happen? NO Should a coach's success over time reflect how many student athletes he or she has helped? You betcha. Can that be done with coaches staying a couple of years at a time and leaving? NO. My soapbox is finished.

PH, sounds like you ae taking a swipe at someone who use to be my favorite coach.

PH, sounds like you ae taking a swipe at someone who use to be my favorite coach.

Absolutely not. IMO the contract was fulfilled and as you know, if you asked the school, this poster thinks they will say the same thing. The only thing the school was not able to do, and maybe this is not so, the school may have not had the chance to reply to what was going on. The coach, in the past, did help former players, the best she could do even after she left the school. That is factual. Even as much as two years after. Now that is creditability and it doesn't mean the coach was the only one that was doing it, another coach was too. Thats their idea of what they should do. Not only two great coaches but two that are a credit to their profession as are most in their field. These are the stories you very likely never hear and some do a better job than others.

I would like to know why either one of you have 20 and Phargis have so much interest in the Riverdale Lady Warriors???? Also if you are going to talk about your "former favorite coach? coloma 20 then you need to be big enough to say that to their face.....

This team has a great group of young ladies that are working hard and will continue to grow.

I would like to know why either one of you have 20 and Phargis have so much interest in the Riverdale Lady Warriors???? Also if you are going to talk about your "former favorite coach? coloma 20 then you need to be big enough to say that to their face.....

This team has a great group of young ladies that are working hard and will continue to grow.

Sorry, don't know which team you are on and my email is complimentary of everyone. You are right, enough has been said of the whole matter. This is a riverdale site.

I have already seen the Riverdale team play, and you are right they are a great team, and have a bright future.

Coach Maxwell is a great coach, unfortuneately she is no longer coaching the team I follow. I do sincerely hope Riverdale has a good season. But if you were in my shoes, you to would be a little envious of a former coach and now 2 players no longer in our program. But you misread me if you thought I meant any ill will.

• 2 weeks later...