Dyer Co. Vs. Dyersburg

beavo5

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woooohoooo!!!!!! Way to go Choctaws!!!!!! Anybody got details?? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well........let me start by saying the Choctaw JV also won. D. Haycraft hit back to back HR with the 2nd being a grand slam! DC had them 8-1 but let them creep up on them ending it 8-7.

Chad was the starting pitcher and JP finished the job in the last 2 or 3 innings. Haycraft also performed well in the Varsity game. I believe he went 3 for 3 with one being a walk. Someone else please give better details, I am running the two DHS games together and not sure who did what. I do know one of the Dyersburg guys got a homerun, I know that #15 started pitching for DHS & they made 2 more pitching changes ending with #10 (wilder).

Way to go Choctaws!!!!!

So a kid hit two homeruns in the J.V. game and went 3 for 3 in the varsity game. I thought J.V. games were for kids that don't play varsity. Does DC have kids setting on the bench during the JV game, while a varsity player plays JV? I thought the purpose of JV games were to get playing time and at bats for kids not playing in varsity games.

So a kid hit two homeruns in the J.V. game and went 3 for 3 in the varsity game. I thought J.V. games were for kids that don't play varsity. Does DC have kids setting on the bench during the JV game, while a varsity player plays JV? I thought the purpose of JV games were to get playing time and at bats for kids not playing in varsity games.

He's a sophomore that does not always start. My son also plays JV and Varsity, he's a freshman. ONLY freshmen and sophomores play JV at DC. IF you make varsity as a 9th or 10th grader you usually don't start much therefore you play on JV as well. Most all teams do that.

I just found it odd that a player who would start a varsity game would also play in the JV game. I understand if it is a player who dresses for varsity games but doesn't play unless the game is a blowout. But to play a player in a JV game who you know is starting in the varsity game, while you have other players that never get off the bench in the JV game doesn't make much sense to me. If the player hit two homeruns in JV and went 3 for3 in varsity, I believe I would play him all the time. That was all I was saying.

Do JV teams usually play 9 in the field and have a different group to hit? 5 DH's ?? ha. And no- most teams don't have kids that play a lot of varsity play jv ball- unless you don't care about developing all of your players

Just an observation--- Dyer Co. Starts a lot of underclassmen and older guys too. Dyersburg Starts mainly Sernior and juniors and Got beat So I would say they are developing thier player ---- Cant say the same about Us (DHS)

We might need to re-think our philosophy! Whatever DC is doing it is working - I think they have owned our district for the last 8 years