Worse Fields in the Mid-State by MrNoitAll

MrNoitAll

These will be easy picks and I am sure that I will leave off several schools but here goes.

1. All Metro schools!

2. Waverly---why are we playing on a grass infield? What college team has a grass infield? The dugouts hold water when it rains!

3. Lipscomb---why are we playing on a grass infield? I have heard they have done a lot of work on their field but they still have grass? Not very good parking and no restrooms close by.

4. LaVergne High School---no rest rooms, always working on the field, always has grass problems or lack of grass, can not hear the PA and the lighting is bad at night.

5. Cheatham County??”has no restrooms; every foul ball gets wet or goes to the woods. They need to work on the infield and plant grass in the outfield instead of the infield like Lipscomb and Waverly.

6. Eagleville---you have to be careful for holes on the foul territory. Could be a nice field but needs to do some work on the grass.

7. Brentwood??”with all of the money that Williamson County has you would think that they would have a field.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These will be easy picks and I am sure that I will leave off several schools but here goes.

1. All Metro schools!

2. Waverly---why are we playing on a grass infield? What college team has a grass infield? The dugouts hold water when it rains!

3. Lipscomb---why are we playing on a grass infield? I have heard they have done a lot of work on their field but they still have grass? Not very good parking and no restrooms close by.

4. LaVergne High School---no rest rooms, always working on the field, always has grass problems or lack of grass, can not hear the PA and the lighting is bad at night.

5. Cheatham County??”has no restrooms; every foul ball gets wet or goes to the woods. They need to work on the infield and plant grass in the outfield instead of the infield like Lipscomb and Waverly.

6. Eagleville---you have to be careful for holes on the foul territory. Could be a nice field but needs to do some work on the grass.

7. Brentwood??”with all of the money that Williamson County has you would think that they would have a field.

Boy you hit these on the nail head, I have no idea why anybody wants to play softball on a grass infield "IT stinks". I have been arguing this with a local little league park for years and they want listen. If you have never been to Cheatham County their field was cut out of patch of woods and is hard as concrete. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

1. All Metro schools!

I really see no point in this thread.

Now since when is MrNoitAll required to have a point for starting a thread?? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Just don't start bashing schools' facilities. Most do the best they can.

Brentwood and Franklin do not have their own field.Yes, why does a softball field have grass on the infield--no purpose-- except for looks?

Why do most baseball fields have grass infields?

Just don't start bashing schools' facilities. Most do the best they can.

Not bashing just stating facts. I have had very bad fields before and I could have played on them but I wanted them to be the best that we could make them. So we went out and starting working on the field with a little funraisers, signs ads, great parents helping and we got a nice field. But coaches can have what they want just depends on how hard they want to work on it. There is always people willing to help you, but as the coach you have to get out and get it done! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Not bashing just stating facts. I have had very bad fields before and I could have played on them but I wanted them to be the best that we could make them. So we went out and starting working on the field with a little funraisers, signs ads, great parents helping and we got a nice field. But coaches can have what they want just depends on how hard they want to work on it. There is always people willing to help you as a coach have to get out and get it done! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Stating facts can get the thread locked. It's still bashing. There's no good reason to do that. Read the site rules.

Some more established (older) schools may be landlocked, and do not have vacant

land available for a ball field.

Therefore, they've had to cut a deal with the city or county for use of their facilities.

That is very true!!! But the ones who have them can work on them to make them better! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

That is very true!!! But the ones who have them can work on them to make them better! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I agree....if the field belongs to the school, and the team/booster club can make changes, a little effort can go a long way. It does not ALL have to be accomplished in one year, just someone having a vision/plan, and sticking to the plan.

However, if the owner of the facility will not allow the school team or booster club to make changes, then they are limited on making improvements.

I agree....if the field belongs to the school, and the team/booster club can make changes, a little effort can go a long way. It does not ALL have to be accomplished in one year, just someone having a vision/plan, and sticking to the plan.

However, if the owner of the facility will not allow the school team or booster club to make changes, then they are limited on making improvements.

If you play on a Nashville Ciy Parks diamond, you are not allowed to maintain the field even if you want to!

Why a grass infield? Other than looks, a grass infield can take more water than a dirt infield. Lipscomb was able to play on Tuesday when most teams were rained out!