Worse Fields in the Mid-State by MrNoitAll

MrNoitAll

Just don't start bashing schools' facilities. Most do the best they can.Why do most baseball fields have grass infields?

Cause they all do SA and to cut down on rain-outs.

Most all softball fields are skin. Don't believe you'll see any skin baseball fields in the NCAA tourney or the World Series. How many grass Softball fields do you see in the NCAA tourney or college play--none.

So "How Ya Like Me Now" SA

He ain't bashing--just telling it like it is!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you play on a Nashville Ciy Parks diamond, you are not allowed to maintain the field even if you want to!

Why a grass infield? Other than looks, a grass infield can take more water than a dirt infield. Lipscomb was able to play on Tuesday when most teams were rained out!

It does slow the ball down somewhat...and you get bigger hops. It is an advantage to a team if they are used to it.

As long as it's well maintained...I don't have a problem with it.

It does slow the ball down somewhat...and you get bigger hops. It is an advantage to a team if they are used to it.

The rain out thing is a myth, if a skinned field is fixed right you can play on it as fast as you can grass and besides why play on grass when 99% of the fields you play on are skinned anyway makes no sense. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Just don't start bashing schools' facilities. Most do the best they can.Why do most baseball fields have grass infields?

I'd like for you to show me where I "bashed" a school facility, Antwan. Perhaps you should quote the person doing the bashing in the future!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I'd like for you to show me where I "bashed" a school facility, Antwan. Perhaps you should quote the person doing the bashing in the future!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I wasn't referring to you. You know who I was referring to. Who was your quote about?

I don't know what city parks you are referring to but when I was involved with a rec league in metro WE had to maintain the fields. Metro mowed,but we maintained the infields and paid for all the field maintainence.

I wasn't referring to you. You know who I was referring to. Who was your quote about?

I do believe that he was referring to MrNoitAll /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I was not bashing anyone like HoganKnows was saying. As a high school coach I want to make my field the best it can be. I have played on the Smith County fields several years ago and they have to use what the county gives them. They are better but I do not remember them ever having district tournaments on the fields because the other schools in their districts are better. But schools who have their own fields I believe you should work to make them the best! This is another thing that travel league coaches do not have to do during their season is to make sure the field is in great shape. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I do believe that he was referring to MrNoitAll /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I was not bashing anyone like HoganKnows was saying. As a high school coach I want to make my field the best it can be. I have played on the Smith County fields several years ago and they have to use what the county gives them. They are better but I do not remember them ever having district tournaments on the fields because the other schools in their districts are better. But schools who have their own fields I believe you should work to make them the best! This is another thing that travel league coaches do not have to do during their season is to make sure the field is in great shape. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

It's in pretty good shape now. SC hosted the district tournament in 2000. That was the 1st year SC won it.

As 5Afootball said you are slipping MrNoitAll. Who do you coach for? He know's you and hopefully we'll all know soon. It's like weaving in and out of traffic something bad can happen when you slip. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

As 5Afootball said you are slipping MrNoitAll. Who do you coach for? He know's you and hopefully we'll all know soon. It's like weaving in and out of traffic something bad can happen when you slip. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Please share with me why I would want to slip.....the season is not over yet is it? Well for some teams it is and they just do not know it! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />