Hampton getting ready for another CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

callmejr

On my very often visits driving by the practice facilities at Hampton High School, I have noticed the hard work that these young men are putting into this coming football season. I have heard rumors that the Ward kid will not be participating on this years team. I also have noticed that the mighty hampton line will not struggle this year even after the departure of some very key losses. Losing Roop, Blake russel, and possibly Mario Pahuamba, will definately hurt the MIGHTY Bulldogs but lets just say those positions will be filled really well. The backfield will not be as dominate as years past, but still very strong. The loss of Irick, jaynes, milhorn, and lunsford. will without a doubt be the hardest spots to fill in. The tailback position will be occupied by an alternation of Luke Blackmon and Dustin Roberson. The fullback position most likely will be Andy Hardin or T.J Lyons. Wide recievers might be a little harder to come by next year but the bulldogs are throwing every day. The position of concern may be the Quarterback spot, if the Ward kid does not play, Likely candidates could be Ward or Dustin Roberson, Ward if he plays Roberson in an option attack with Blackmon if he doesn`t.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep up with whats going on ,and this will be a good team. From what I hear ,both the coaches and players are working hard. This bunch is going to surprise alot of people. I won't be one of um. I also think Cloudland, Cosby and Grace will be improved.Going to be an interesting year in region 1.

I can promise you this , Hampton still has everyone in the regions full respect and attention regardless of what they lost. They have a solid coaching staff to go along with great tradition. No one will take them lightly and it wouldn't suprise me to see them win it again. However, I would love to see that region title move a little southwest this year.

This should be a great competition all the way to week 10 when the Bulldogs make a visit up to roan mountain. Cosby will have a lot of talent and experience on the field this year. Grace will could probably win state if they recruit well enough. Cloudland will have there work cut out for them, cause they didn`t have a lot of talent last year and they lost some of there key players. However they will have the Tipton kid "I have heard he has good genes" (1000 yd rusher) They also return Lucas Clawson, Randal Johnson, and Logan Morgan who is one of the best athletes in the conference he is just not the toughest guy on the field. Jellico Lost every thing.

it's not going to suprise me at all if hampton wins conference again this year, or heck even make a good run in the playoffs. i have heard that the jones kid might be the one filling the spot at qb. he will only be a sophmore this coming season, but i've heard that he has potential to be heck of a qb. he's a good athlete with a good head on his shoulders. grace will probably be improved, heck if you can recruit you never really loose a whole lot so i would have to put them at the top of the conference as well. the kids at hampton i hear have been working really hard, i think hampton will make will make believers out of some ppl who are doubting them. i still see a pretty dang solid team focused on this upcoming season. i guess it's like they say "tradition dont graduate"

I don't think anyone is doubting Hampton. The reason every team in the conference is working so hard is to get to their level and knock them off the top. I would have to say Cloudland is probably working harder right now. Coach Turbyfill has really got it together. People who come to Orr Field this fall will be impressed with the improvements to the facility and our opponents will be impressed with the new field. Rennovations to the weight room have been made and every kid is bulking up with new lean muscle. With coach Robbie at the helm along with the dedication of the players and coaching staff, I don't think Cloudland will ever be pushed around again. People up here are busy as ants trying to make everything come together. Our main weapons will be Tipton and Morgan. Tipton didn't play basketball so he could bulk up even more and get faster. Tacklers won't be wrapping up the same Tipton as last year. And Morgan's athletic ability speaks for itself. As for the lack of toughness comment, kids tend to get tougher the older they get and the longer they play the game. Cloudland will have a stingier defense and a more potent ground game than last year. The hard work in the weightroom will show up more this year than it did last and will translate Cloudland into a serious challenger. I don't know much about Cosby's players, but I know they have some coaches with tremendous character and motivational skills. Hampton won't have an easy time when they go to the nest and they won't have it any easier when they go to Grace Christian. People have opinions and they make predictions, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say Hampton will lose a conference game this year. I'm going to keep who I think it is to myself for now. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think anyone is doubting Hampton. The reason every team in the conference is working so hard is to get to their level and knock them off the top. I would have to say Cloudland is probably working harder right now. Coach Turbyfill has really got it together. People who come to Orr Field this fall will be impressed with the improvements to the facility and our opponents will be impressed with the new field. Rennovations to the weight room have been made and every kid is bulking up with new lean muscle. With coach Robbie at the helm along with the dedication of the players and coaching staff, I don't think Cloudland will ever be pushed around again. People up here are busy as ants trying to make everything come together. Our main weapons will be Tipton and Morgan. Tipton didn't play basketball so he could bulk up even more and get faster. Tacklers won't be wrapping up the same Tipton as last year. And Morgan's athletic ability speaks for itself. As for the lack of toughness comment, kids tend to get tougher the older they get and the longer they play the game. Cloudland will have a stingier defense and a more potent ground game than last year. The hard work in the weightroom will show up more this year than it did last and will translate Cloudland into a serious challenger. I don't know much about Cosby's players, but I know they have some coaches with tremendous character and motivational skills. Hampton won't have an easy time when they go to the nest and they won't have it any easier when they go to Grace Christian. People have opinions and they make predictions, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say Hampton will lose a conference game this year. I'm going to keep who I think it is to myself for now. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i hope youre right about cloudland because i really want to see cloudland at the top of the conference with hampton instead of private grace. i am sick of seeing privates buy their success. although i am oviously hoping hampton wins conference i really do hope cloudland has a successful season. i havent heard much about cosby, do they get grooms back?

i hope youre right about cloudland because i really want to see cloudland at the top of the conference with hampton instead of private grace. i am sick of seeing privates buy their success. although i am oviously hoping hampton wins conference i really do hope cloudland has a successful season. i havent heard much about cosby, do they get grooms back?

Cosby gets almost everyone back (including big 85) our only key losses were our big WR #8 and a couple of good defensive players #24 and 14.

We return starters at all skill positions but one on offense and have most of our line back.

If the boys continue to work as hard all through the summer as they are now we shouild be able to hold our own against anyone we face.

It is a very good idea for the highlanders to upgrade their facilities, but there facilities are not going to make them bigger, faster, or stronger.

Show me where I said the facilities are making our boys bigger and faster. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I guess the point I'm trying to make is morale is very high up here right now. Our field definitely needed to be replaced. We're all happy because we want it to be a safe playing field for our players and our opponents. Its been a long time since we had a coach who cared this much for our program that he would put this much effort into making these great things happen. He took a small team last year and turned a 2-8 team into a 7-3 winning team. I promise that this is just the beginning. If Robbie ever gets the talent (accurate QB with big recievers, all state offensive line and backfield along with a kicking game, Cloudland will not be stopped. He's got tremendous offensive smarts and this program is going to make some noise in the future. As for this year, I have a feeling that Cosby is going to be tough to handle. The Eagles program will only get better as long as Shelton and his staff stay. Its just a matter of time before this could be a four team race in this region not only this year but every year.