Knox West vs. Bearden

winner123

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumping the gun a little bit, huh? I highly doubt these teams are already looking a week ahead to this game. West has a very important district game with Powell before Bearden, as well as a game with Maryville. And Bearden has a very important district game with Maryville at Maryville before West. So I'm guessing the West people and the Bearden people wish to hold off on this topic until about Wednesday. The season is already half over, let's not wish it away. One game at a time, my friend.

I will go with Bearden 3-1. I make this decision for the same reason that I thought Bearden would beat Farragut the first meeting of last season. West is a very talented group of individuals, but they are not as great of a team.

They yell at each other and at the ref, and they believe that everyone owes them something. On the pitch, they function as eleven individual players, rather than a team. I have actually been quite disappointed in their progress this year; I liked them better last season when they seemed to better understand the word "humility."

Conversely, Bearden plays with eleven players but functions as a single unit. No player thinks that he is above the team--including Tom Webster. I truly believe that Bearden is not as talented as West, but they stand a better chance to make a run because of their selflessness. After all, I think Shonefield has scored more goals than Tommy, despite the fact that Tom is more talented. (This is not to take away anything from Shonefield--he is no doubt an All-State player, and, in my mind, one of the top five players in the state).

I also think that Bearden will win this one because of their physicality and self-motivation. There is NO team that hits you harder than Bearden, and there is NO team that wins 50/50 balls like Bearden. Turner has his boys motivated and tough, and this will most likely knock West off their game. I watched West crumble when a less talented Baylor team knocked Cody around in the middle. I also watched Bearden beat a more talented team (CBHS) by outwilling them.

Bearden wins this one, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the two teams might meet again.

I have seen Kat playing defense twice this year...i dont think he plays up top..i may be wrong though

no you are correct he plays outside back most of the game and gives one of the outside mids a break every once in awhile and moves up ... thats when hes dangerous

i hate to seem him back there he's too big of a threat on offense to not use him but maybe they are short on d

I have always thought that Kat is one of the most dangerous outside mids in the area. I was baffled when I saw him playing outside back. Does anyone have any input on why this move was made? I am guessing it is to keep teams guessing and use him as a surprise on the attack. If this isn't the reason, I am clueless.

I have always thought that Kat is one of the most dangerous outside mids in the area. I was baffled when I saw him playing outside back. Does anyone have any input on why this move was made? I am guessing it is to keep teams guessing and use him as a surprise on the attack. If this isn't the reason, I am clueless.

Yeah, you are right about that i think, because he will stay back at his defensive spot and the mid in front of him will pinch in and carry the defender with him and Kat is gone in the back door.