TSSAA VS. BA - The Saga Continues

BDURHAM

Does anyone have any inside information on this lawsuit?

I was surprised to learn that both parties are moving forward

"on the remaining two portions of the federal lawsuit."

Didn't both parties say that it was over?

Are the two parties still battling over legal fees, or do both

parties have to pay their own lawyers -- period?

TENNESSEAN ARTICLE

How much more will the TSSAA have to spend in legal fees?

And has insurance covered any of the legal expenditures?

From THE TENNESSEAN article:

The high school association has spent about $2,725,000

in legal fees involved in the case as of June 30, 2007, according to an audit.

Does anyone have any inside information on this lawsuit?

I was surprised to learn that both parties are moving forward

"on the remaining two portions of the federal lawsuit."

Didn't both parties say that it was over?

Are the two parties still battling over legal fees, or do both

parties have to pay their own lawyers -- period?

TENNESSEAN ARTICLE

How much more will the TSSAA have to spend in legal fees?

And has insurance covered any of the legal expenditures?

From THE TENNESSEAN article:

The high school association has spent about $2,725,000

in legal fees involved in the case as of June 30, 2007, according to an audit.

BA still has an antitrust claim pending in the district court. BA claims to have an equal protection claim pending there as well, although there is a question about whether the previous decisions in the case put an end to the equal protection claim. And BA is trying to get the district court to let BA argue a new equal protection claim.

TSSAA is a defendant. It can't be over for TSSAA unless either BA (the plaintiff) stops pursuing it or the court dismisses whatever claims are left. BA has lost its main claim, the First Amendment claim, but obviously BA is not willing to let the case end.

BA still has an antitrust claim pending in the district court. BA claims to have an equal protection claim pending there as well, although there is a question about whether the previous decisions in the case put an end to the equal protection claim. And BA is trying to get the district court to let BA argue a new equal protection claim.

TSSAA is a defendant. It can't be over for TSSAA unless either BA (the plaintiff) stops pursuing it or the court dismisses whatever claims are left. BA has lost its main claim, the First Amendment claim, but obviously BA is not willing to let the case end.

Rick, nobody has yet "busted" you on CoachT, out of respect for your privacy, but do you really think it's appropriate for you to be commenting on this case here?

Rick, nobody has yet "busted" you on CoachT, out of respect for your privacy, but do you really think it's appropriate for you to be commenting on this case here?

Itzme, I stated some pretty simple facts in direct response to an inquiry about the status of the case, including a response to a suggestion that both parties had said it was "over." The positions of the parties on the remaining issues are a matter of public record, and the fact that BA is the plaintiff and is still pursuing the case is self-evident. If I were going to comment on the case, I would have some much different things to say.

• 5 weeks later...