CCS Tournament

littleholden1

Catholic scored 2 goals in 9 minutes to make it 2-1 Catholic!

First Catholic goal was off of a rebound from a CCS save. The second goal was on a miscommunication in the CCS's defense.

My "source" said that Catholic had possession the majority of the time, but couldn't put it in.

Congrats on a come back victory Catholic... see you this Friday!!!

CCS, keep your heads up. I know you have a good team, and Catholic is tough to beat! I am sure you will go far this season.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A MLS shootout is used because its an alternate form of deciding the game and its a tad bit more exciting.

I guess its pretty much used cause we can. CCSMAN might have a more official reason.

It is more exciting and it has always been done for the CCS tournament as far as I know. By the way, it is a lot more exciting.

Big G, I saw almost all of the game. I have to agree with your "source". Catholic did pretty much dominate the game. The score is not always reflective of a game for sure.

Catholic scored 2 goals in 9 minutes to make it 2-1 Catholic!

First Catholic goal was off of a rebound from a CCS save. The second goal was on a miscommunication in the CCS's defense.

My "source" said that Catholic had possession the majority of the time, but couldn't put it in.

Congrats on a come back victory Catholic... see you this Friday!!!

CCS, keep your heads up. I know you have a good team, and Catholic is tough to beat! I am sure you will go far this season.

Catholic is extremely dominate in the midfield and number 8 is very good with the ball. They also bring up their defenders a lot to get involved with the play. This team has a lot of potential and will go far in state. CCS did very well to hold of their strong attack for 90% of the game. It is obvious that CCS is well coached.

Didn't see the KC vs CCS game, but the important coaching move was the half time adjustment by the KC coach to go with 4 up top. If CCS was going to play Defense all night, they were asking for this. Hard to play Defense for a whole game, letting the opponet live in your half. At some point, pressure will cause a mistake (or talent will show through) and goals will come. Not trying to bash CCS, but I guess CCS did not have what it takes to make a 1-0 lead stand up.

How else can I jump on CoachT while selling things? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

(just cause you don't have one...)

Oh, I have an office... it just so happens that all of the furniture is porcelain!

Catholic is a great team, that adjusts well to different situations. #8 has aways been such an outstanding player, and should have a great future there and beyond highschool.

CCS will bounce back and do well.

Didn't see the KC vs CCS game, but the important coaching move was the half time adjustment by the KC coach to go with 4 up top. If CCS was going to play Defense all night, they were asking for this. Hard to play Defense for a whole game, letting the opponet live in your half. At some point, pressure will cause a mistake (or talent will show through) and goals will come. Not trying to bash CCS, but I guess CCS did not have what it takes to make a 1-0 lead stand up.

CCS did have some defensive lapses late in the game and it cost them but then again they proved that they could score which many teams have not been able to do on Knox Catholic this year. CCS showed a lot of heart and proved to many people that they can play with the best and they will only get better as the playoffs draw close.