13 AAU Nationals

Guest FREETHROW

Guest FREETHROW

Congratulations to all the Tennessee Teams that have made it out of pool play. Good luck the rest of the way

Make TENNESSEE PROUD.

I noticed that the Shelbyville Sports Shop did not make it out of pool play.

I guess what I heard was true, tearing down other teams across the state does not equal a State Championship or a National championship.

Your remark does not even merit a reply, but I can't stay quiet. The Sportshop team was in a very tough pool, and I say that NOT as an excuse for not winning the pool. They should have won all games they played. They didn't, but they still had a great year, coming in second in the state with a four point loss to the Blackhawks. The girls all seemed to enjoy the entire year and had lots of good experience. As far as I know nobody broke up any team, nor did anybody "steal" players from another team. Each girl and each family left whatever team they were on last year to join Sportshop. Each girl had her own reasons. That is the way AAU works and will continue to work. My bet is that probably Sportshop will lose some of its players before next season for various reasons and probably will pick up some new faces. Knowing the coaches and the tradition, I expect this group to be back ready to play next year and ready to make some noise. The bottom line is that the girls improved and are ready to move on to high school ball. Wherever these girls play next year in AAU, I expect each of them to excel as individual players. Don't badmouth the organization, the coaches, the team, or the players unless you know the real reasons that these girls are where they are.