District 4A Next Year

superdaveosborne

What about the upper classmen at Wartburg.

Lauren Bunch and Miranda Longmire could play the 3 spot also Bunch could be a great player at the 1.

Finding a guard in Wartburg is not going to be very hard at all!

Has anyone heard where Wartburg, Oakdale, Coalfield, Oneida, or O.S. will be going to camp this summer?

I would like to see the teams play if possible.

Does every coach in 4A have a regional championship and trip to the boro on their resume?

Hines @ Coalfield

Snow @ Oakdale

J.Davis @ Wartburg

West @ Oneida

Christopher @ O.S.

The only one is A. Davis @ Sunbright

This could be the strongest or at least deepest coaching district in A basketball. I know 7A is good but Lamar and Brown seem to pretty much dominate that district.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superdave,

I think Wartburg is going to Shelbyville and TTU

Also, I believe you are right about the 4A coaches.

Newdogfan,

You seem to be pretty high on the Kidd girl. What position do you see her playing at the H.S. level? Also, Phillips, Justes, and Davidson are going to be pretty good H.S. players I think. If coach Davis changes his attitude toward the Dist. tournament this could be a team that wins it a couple of times before they graduate.

I look forward to hearing what you think

Coach Davis will only win three or four games a year (No region games). He has some talent to win at least one or two region games but he lets the girls come and go has they please and he has no discipline. Coach Davis has started off season workouts but has no clue on what type of drills to do with his girls, he has been running to Coach Maxfield ( the new boys bball coach) for help.

Superdave,

I think Wartburg is going to Shelbyville and TTU

Also, I believe you are right about the 4A coaches.

Newdogfan,

You seem to be pretty high on the Kidd girl. What position do you see her playing at the H.S. level? Also, Phillips, Justes, and Davidson are going to be pretty good H.S. players I think. If coach Davis changes his attitude toward the Dist. tournament this could be a team that wins it a couple of times before they graduate.

I look forward to hearing what you think

Kidd is a pure shooter who can hit the stop jump shot and can hit the 3 - she could be a scoring threat if she is hot.

I think that Oakdale has the best freshmen player in the district next year in Redmon. She is the real deal and she could become a factor by the time next season rolls around.

If she came ready to play and pease plays at a little higher level you could have two very important parts of Oakdale's puzzle in place.

I also think that we have several good, soph players that might contribute.

1. Oliver Springs - State Champs and State tourney potential unless stumbles in substate

2. Wartburg- state tourney potiential,but has to win in upper East tn in sub state to make Mfboro

3. Coalfield- region and outside shot at state tourney

4 Onieda- 2nd place in district would be a huge surprise and probably region casualty

5 Oakdale- Region Hopeful with no chance to advance past region 1st round

6 Sunbright- Region would be a huge suprise tranlating into an embarrassing drefeat in the 1st round of region game.

Graduating seniors for 2008 District 4A:

Coalfield: Newberry

Oneida : Lay, Sexton

Oliver Springs: Howard, Barger

Sunbright : Shelley, Kilby, Foster

Oakdale : Byrge, Ruppe, Snow, O'Dell, Horton, Comer

Wartburg : Branstetter, Galloway, Lavendar, Staten, Settles, McWhorter

Now, from the above mentioned names being those graduating this year, one would think it is safe to say that Wartburg and Oakdale lost a TON OF TALENT!!

That being said how can one conceivably say that Wartburg could be any better off than Oakdale?

Oliver Springs loses 2 key starters but when you have a playmaker like Christopher how can you not put them as one of the top two teams? Everyone pretty much agrees on that. They also return Hall and Ollis from their starting line-up and judging from what they have returning, not to mention any incoming freshmen, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with. Christopher isn??™t about to let her senior season be anything but her best.

Coalfield, judging from what they lost, (only 1) should be good to go in competing for one of the top two spots in the district. I don??™t buy into the hype that is being made about AJ. Don??™t get me wrong, she is a good player but she has a strong supporting cast that is a HUGE piece of the puzzle in the team??™s success this year and still yet to come.

I think it is safe to say from the 3rd spot down it will be a toss up. Not saying that all other teams in district don??™t have a shot at the top, because they do. This analysis is based on players lost to graduation and success the 2007-2008 season.

Wartburg lost an ENOURMOUS amount of talent that did VERY WELL this past season. Congratulations to the Lady Dawgs on a successful season. But, wake up, they did loose a lot and yes they return key players in Armes and Fountain, have returning bench as well as having a good group of incoming freshman, but to say some of the things being said is mind boggling. I??™m pretty sure some of the ones at the beginning of the season that were dogging the NEW coach Davis are now dogging the old one. I don??™t understand why it has to be all about one being better or not. Both coaches are good people as well as good coaches. Comparing them FOREVER is not a good thing. Dallas coached then and the success or lack of was in his career. Now, the new coach Davis just happened to begin his realm as head coach with a very successful season. News flash, a large part of any coach??™s success is in the talent of the players that make up the team. Give the graduating seniors A LOT of credit.

Oakdale too, lost a ton of talent and will return only one starter. She just happens to be one of their top players. They have a good group of young talent in returning bench and probably freshmen. They have one of the top coaches around and he will have them ready next year.

Oneida lost two seniors, Lay and Sexton who both were on and off starters for one reason or the other. Lay was absent for a few games after Christmas due to surgery and the team adjusted well. Basically, returning a lot of players with a lot of playing time and a great group of freshmen coming onboard with the coaching abilities of West could spell trouble for some teams.

Any team on any given night could come out on top.

To all players returning in district 4A:

Work hard in the off-season and come back strong next year and prove someone wrong. Focused and ready to reach the top!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />