Smyrna 2009

Tigerpride7

My son plays football for smyrna ...and is thinking about transferring because of all the coaches leaving.

now i dont know why there leaving ,thats a whole different story, if the coaches are just dumb or money hungrey then leave...The team of 09 has some good football players.yes i understand there is no Rodriguez or sonny..but this class can be just as good as any other team that has come through..but i can tell you one thing The up coming senior class for smyrna will be a team on a mission...to prove Those coaches wrong...The region once again...and any others who oppose of Smyrna football......What do you Think?

Returnig starters for smyrna

Dakota woods -DT

Tyler eady - DT/LT

Jerimiah Bryson - TB

Deion Meadows- LB

Cody Hager-WR/FS

Nick Richardson - DE/TE

Anthony Smith - DE

Drew Gardner- LB

Corey Camon- SS

Andrew Jenkins -WS

Cleave Shaw- CB

Westley Cadena- DT

Jarvis Hicks - TB

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your son does not transfer.

Believe me, the last thing these coaches are leaving for is money. You do not get into that profession because of the money.

One of the coaches is moving out of state (I think somebody said something about being closer to family)

The other two took promotions...Carson is the Head Coach at Eagleville, and he took Pippenger (I believe) with him as his Defensive Coordinator. When a program has success, the Assistant Coaches are in a position to capitalize on that by receiving offers from other schools to better themselves and their families. None of these coaches are taking a strictly lateral move.

As far as the Coach Shadowens situation goes, your guess is as good as mine. He said God led him to that decision to be able to spend time with his family. Personally, I believe that, and if he winds up at MTCS (or not) he will get that chance.

I am not that close to the situation, but the ship is not sinking. All the returners you mentioned alone are cause to be optimistic. There will be a new coach soon, and he will be more than qualified to lead these young men.

I do feel sorry for these players having to go through this, but it does happen. Apparantly it has not happened in Smyrna in a while, but it does happen. Let's hope the next guy is there for a long time as well.

My son plays football for smyrna ...and is thinking about transferring because of all the coaches leaving.

now i dont know why there leaving ,thats a whole different story, if the coaches are just dumb or money hungrey then leave...The team of 09 has some good football players.yes i understand there is no Rodriguez or sonny..but this class can be just as good as any other team that has come through..but i can tell you one thing The up coming senior class for smyrna will be a team on a mission...to prove Those coaches wrong...The region once again...and any others who oppose of Smyrna football......What do you Think?

Dakota woods -DT

Tyler eady - DT/LT

Jerimiah Bryson - TB

Deion Meadows- LB

Cody Hager-WR/FS

Nick Richardson - DE/TE

Anthony Smith - DE

Drew Gardner- LB

Corey Camon- SS

Andrew Jenkins -WS

Cleave Shaw- CB

Westley Cadena- DT

Jarvis Hicks - TB

you had better check about the tssaa rules on transfers its not that easy any more

Dakota woods -DT

Tyler eady - DT/LT

Jerimiah Bryson - TB

Deion Meadows- LB

Cody Hager-WR/FS

Nick Richardson - DE/TE

Anthony Smith - DE

Drew Gardner- LB

Corey Camon- SS

Andrew Jenkins -WS

Cleave Shaw- CB

Westley Cadena- DT

Jarvis Hicks - TB

Understand these coaches leaving had to think about their families 1st. This is a difficult time on everyone, coaches that are staying also. But i know of 5 coaches that are still at Smyrna and are intent on remaining at Smyrna. coaches build strong relationships with the kids and would not leave just to leave. Each that has left had a very hard decision to make because they are attached to these kids. As for some rumors of other coaches jumping ship they are simply rumors. But if a coach is hired outside he will want his own staff and this is the reality of the proffesion. If a coach sees this as a possibility he needs to have a backup plan instead of all of a sudden being jobless. And your list of kids is exactly right. Tremendous kids not just tremendous players.

As long as Smyrna keeps their current QB coach and the 'rumors' are true about the upcoming QB then Smyrna will be a contendor. May not go all the way to the gold ball again, but they will win alot. Especially if the kids will honestly work in the weight room like Coach Wyatt has them doing.

Gotta give Coach Wyatt credit as he knows what gave R'dale the edge for so many years and is trying to see that Smyrna is doing the same thing to give them the same edge. The 'edge' was that R'dale was simply stronger than everybody else in Region 4 pound for pound. That is why 6 foot linemen were able to take on MUCH bigger linemen from other schools and play with them like they were toys.

As long as Smyrna keeps their current QB coach and the 'rumors' are true about the upcoming QB then Smyrna will be a contendor. May not go all the way to the gold ball again, but they will win alot. Especially if the kids will honestly work in the weight room like Coach Wyatt has them doing.

Gotta give Coach Wyatt credit as he knows what gave R'dale the edge for so many years and is trying to see that Smyrna is doing the same thing to give them the same edge. The 'edge' was that R'dale was simply stronger than everybody else in Region 4 pound for pound. That is why 6 foot linemen were able to take on MUCH bigger linemen from other schools and play with them like they were toys.

That is a very true comment about Riverdales strength advantage.

that is why so many defenses have to move around to win those battles.

Smyrna's QB coach will prolly end up with Shad at MTCS.

Now that would be a killer loss. Man took Sonny from being a good HS QB to being a GREAT HS QB.

I had heard a 'rumor' he was leaving from a member of my family still living in Smyrna. Sometimes it is good to have cousins with kids on football teams other than R'dale. Got one at LaVergne also. I always knew 'Moms' side of the family would come in handy no matter what Dad said. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for 'players' trying to go to another team, you can bet the house payment that Gill will NEVER allow that to go thru even if the TSSAA did. Which they won't!

i understand one maybe two coaches leaving...but the head coach.Defensive coor. offensive coor. and maybe the special teams coor. Thats just bogus...the other day Ralkies stated that there may not be spring practice this year due to the fact that there are no coaches on the staff...No spring practice...might not sound like much to...but spring practice is just as good a summer practice...Cleave said"if we dont have it,ima gather the team and go down to the practice field and practice anyways"......These kids have said they dont care who coaches them they just wanna play football and compete....On the QB coach robbins..has retired from what many of the players have stated...

i understand one maybe two coaches leaving...but the head coach.Defensive coor. offensive coor. and maybe the special teams coor. Thats just bogus...the other day Ralkies stated that there may not be spring practice this year due to the fact that there are no coaches on the staff...No spring practice...might not sound like much to...but spring practice is just as good a summer practice...Cleave said"if we dont have it,ima gather the team and go down to the practice field and practice anyways"......These kids have said they dont care who coaches them they just wanna play football and compete....On the QB coach robbins..has retired from what many of the players have stated...

The defensive coordinator is going nowhere. He loves those boys as does the other coaches left. His daughter is also in school there. Spring practice will be had. Maybe just a week later than scheduled.