Oak Ridge Vs. Karns

UTbound08

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually got to see this game and may i say that it was worth the time. A very good match between two teams who have quality talent on the field. First things first..... What happened on the OR goal? I looked down and didn't see it.....

NOW!!!!!! IMO this is what i think.... take it only for what it's worth...

I believe that OR has the better individual talent, but Karns played the better game, had the better chances and overall looked more organized (call it a biased opionon or as i would think out coached). Must say though that the OR keeper was not as good as i expected. Ryan williams i think was in goal. I don't know if the othe keep played or not. Diego is a good player but i believe that he has little faith in his teammates (as it seems and i know how he feels because i've been there), but he has the talent around him. I think he would be able to produce more from a different position. He would be more dangerous uptop or at an attacking mid position with a single sticker infront of him to cover the other teams sweeper.He does work very well in space, but has a tendiency to suclude himself on an island and not work well with the flow of his team. With a more team mentalitly or a little more trust, he could have ate Karns alive on the outside. He shut himself down...... (not to take credit away from Karns D, they played brillent)

May i say WOW to the keeper at Karns. Kid is really something.... oh and UTbound... you played very well. Defence has some aggrisive but smart defenders back there. Though i think you guys drop way to fast and leave a HUGH gap between you, the mids, and the forwards. Looked like the mid had to cover about 40 yards and allowed OR to carry and possess in the mid. Really hard to tell at times what formation you all were running, but i guess it worked. #26 is a baller (heard he was a freshman and i was amazed) though he should have had the first one in the first five min, he made up by finishing the next. Vary hard working kid and i think he could become a great player.

Now to my opionon as the player of the game..... drumroll please........... Mohammad Bowers (Spelling?) Kid can play, enough said. The game winning goal was outstanding. OR had him manmarked and he still gets open by beating the trap, on a team that has always been known to live or die by the offinsive trap, and break off his man to score. Kid has skills and can make the mid flow or create uptop. My hat is off to this kid..... I think it stinks he can't go to HV next year with most of his teammates.... sorry situation

yeah it is hard to close those gaps and that's why it takes ALL elevin moving as a unite to play tight D. even good high school teams struggle with that. D still did an amazying job. still wanna know what happened on the OR goal.... i looked away and they had scored. details?

yes i heard Mo was sick and he still played with great intinsidy. he looked like he was hurting but didn't let it affect his game.

we lost the ball in the midfield, Diego got it, we stepped too late and he buried it far post. not much we could have done it was a good shot.

i saw this score and i thought yay karns wasnt a fluke last year . i think they proved against OR that it was a team last year and this year and not just cam bailing them out. dont get me wrong hes great but he needed the help