A.E. footbalL

redandblack63

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense should be pretty good. A lot of the basketball players have decided to play. (Jones twins, Travei Pryor). Have transfer from Chicago that is really fast. Also Jamarcus Davis and the Pelcher kid are back on the team. Out of middle school they thought the Davis kid was going to be the next Albert Harris. He is that talented. He has been working hard in the off season is what I hear. Line seems to have a lot of depth. Looking at them running the other day they looked bigger than last year up front. haven't seen the kids in pads or play but they look good. Transfer defensive lineman from Indiana that is suppose to be a stud. but once again haven't seen him play. Incoming freshmen are very talented. Also a transfer LB from Oak Ridge that looks like a stud. I have seen him play for oak Ridge, he is very physical. Questions are if the Dean kid can last the whole year at QB. As always the offensive front? And surprinsingly the DB. Most importantly what happens with their school. They should pick up a lot of kids due to the rezoning.

I notice today on TSSAA web site that they are looking for a new head coach in all sports and assistants? Is this because A.E. did not meet the awful No child left behind requirements?

i saw that today... very unusual. anyone know what is going on with the roadrunner coaches?

Due to test scores the state has took over the Austin East Magnet High School. Each coach must apply for their teaching job and coaching positions at the school. If you didn't read the KNS a couple days ago Fulton is also going through the same ordeal but all head coaches from the main sports are "safe". However that doesn't really mean anything but if they would've made any changes at the top those would've been made already...

Secondly, I didn't know the Jones twins were going out this year.. They both played WR's when they played little league. Both of them have great hands. In my opinion, Big Twin could use this to help with his hands in basketball.

Thirdly, the sour note to this is Brandon Lopez, the promising freshmen last year has decided to stick to the basketball court and hang up his football cleats. This could hurt the Roadrunners at the QB position.

I haven't heard anything about the Dean kid playing QB this year. There's a player that sat out last year that's supposed to have the upper hand at that position this year. One of AE's baseball pitchers, Michael Tarrant is supposed to be in the runnings for the starting spot as well.

Due to test scores the state has took over the Austin East Magnet High School. Each coach must apply for their teaching job and coaching positions at the school. If you didn't read the KNS a couple days ago Fulton is also going through the same ordeal but all head coaches from the main sports are "safe". However that doesn't really mean anything but if they would've made any changes at the top those would've been made already...

Secondly, I didn't know the Jones twins were going out this year.. They both played WR's when they played little league. Both of them have great hands. In my opinion, Big Twin could use this to help with his hands in basketball.

Thirdly, the sour note to this is Brandon Lopez, the promising freshmen last year has decided to stick to the basketball court and hang up his football cleats. This could hurt the Roadrunners at the QB position.

I haven't heard anything about the Dean kid playing QB this year. There's a player that sat out last year that's supposed to have the upper hand at that position this year. One of AE's baseball pitchers, Michael Tarrant is supposed to be in the runnings for the starting spot as well.

Mention the Tarrant kid at church. Graham said he is a smart kid has good arm. Very good leader. Has a transfer from knox carter that is a sophomore. Charles Watts the running back and kick returner may be the quarterback. With coach jones moving on Graham is sticking with the spread option. I think he is going to do more of the offense now and that is what he knows. Like 2001 season. Watts has a great arm (former baseball player) and very smart according to Graham and gives them the dual threat they need. But he will be a senior. Each year Graham has ben coach he has had a different QB. That is why the Lopez thing hurt. Graham is very excited about a couple of running backs; Jared Chitown Neal, Marcus matthews, and Jamarcus Davis. Graham got a call from a Virginia Tech and Coloradi coach Sunday evening to ask about De DJ Roberts. From what I heard this not from graham about the TSSAA ad, the former AD wqas told from someone to do it. He took a lot for putting it on the line. Austin East rules are a little different from every other school. The AD was told that everyone must have a chance to apply for the job. So he put the jobs online. From what I hear they are pulling the Ad. Coach Mitchell and Coach Gaham do a great job but never get credit for the job they do except from rival coaches from what I hear. I heard from a Fulton caoch that Graham has called and wished them good luck each year they made it past 3rd round each round. I have personally heard coach Mitchell commend and praise coach wright. I think these guys right now are concentrating on adjsuting to the new AE. Good luck to AE.

So who's the new offensive coornidator? I haven't been following AE as much but I know they have a new one. I heard there's a lot of new coaches this year.

Also from some of the players that's there this year that will have impact will be Tremond Robinson, in my opinion he will have his break out year and will be Sophomore of the Year if he can get his hands on the rock. This is another basketball star however he decided to hang up the basketball shoes and stick to the field.....

Also, I heard Trevail Boatwright has transferred out of the AE program and his headed to Fulton. Boatwright has played with the Knoxville Falcons YOuth since he was 7 so we all knew this was going to happen...

So who's the new offensive coornidator? I haven't been following AE as much but I know they have a new one. I heard there's a lot of new coaches this year.

Also from some of the players that's there this year that will have impact will be Tremond Robinson, in my opinion he will have his break out year and will be Sophomore of the Year if he can get his hands on the rock. This is another basketball star however he decided to hang up the basketball shoes and stick to the field.....

Also, I heard Trevail Boatwright has transferred out of the AE program and his headed to Fulton. Boatwright has played with the Knoxville Falcons YOuth since he was 7 so we all knew this was going to happen...

Boatwright is working out at Austin East. JOhn said he was at spring workouts today and yesterday. I think that is false.