Who One The Ooltewah Tournament

justthetruth

As long they're playing in Division II they can give all the aid/scholarships they want. I'd be interested in knowing the breakdown of aid to athletes/non-athletes but again they're in another division with similar schools so it does not matter. Playing teams like that in regular season tournaments helps you get better. And they do advertise for sports, there was a pretty large ad featured in the Chattanooga paper for a while with a cross-country or track athlete.

As for Ooltewah, with 1900 students they shouldn't ever be hurting for players.

Hey Indian,

How's things in Dunlap? The Indians are having a great season.

I have really enjoyed this topic. Funny how those of us from the "Valley" can barely get enough players to suit a team and really enjoy playing.

Stbulldog and Bballer91 have their facts down. Nice job.

Well, GPS has a great team, won the tourny and should keep going strong. Enjoy watching them play.

See you at the ballpark folks.

Polecat

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulldog did you see the Father Ryan-Sequatchie game, if you did how would you compare them to other AA teams or even the average AAA teams? They did use their number 2 pitcher after the #1 pitched against Soddy-Daisy, Ryan may have also. She's not had much luck this season pitching with some close losses but isn't bad, and is an effective hitter (was 2-3 for the game). The player with the late double is a junior third baseman. The team has only one senior and only two regular junior starters so it was thought next year might be the year they really come on, but they've shown potential at times this year.

I'm not just looking for people to talk about the team (like the "please talk about us" posts or "who's the best Class A player in Upper East TN who bats left handed, plays short and wears a blue and gold uniform"), there's plenty of talk in the 6AA thread, just wanted some out of the area perspective.

Ryan won the game late for those who didn't see it, it was actually one of Seq's best performances considering the opponent. And if you weren't there or support a different team, disregard all of this, Lol.

Re: Sequatchie-One-run losses to Walker Valley, Father Ryan, Whitwell, Grundy and especially to Hixson were frustrating. It would take a breakdown on numbers, player by player to explain some of that and that's too much criticism for the board. Some things have improved a lot, some of the biggest differences are in overall, game-to-game focus and intensity. The players overall seem more serious in what they're doing. The team is still young with 5, sometimes 6 sophs and a freshman starting but the defense has improved a ton since last year (now watch the jinx with half a dozen errors this Monday). It looks as if a good program is in the works, counting this year there have only been 8 seniors over the last four seasons with quite a few playing less than four years. I think more and more will stick it out which should lead to more success. It's a good time for girls' sports at the school.

Hey, why don't you come up to McMinnville this weekend, the Lady Irish would like some Owl for breakfast. But I know, they are the 3 or 4 in state if they make it. Well the other four hundred will be three or four if they make it-duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Remember always be a lady. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I really did not want to keep replying to you but you are so far off base as to what I am talking about I feel I need to reply back to you sarcasim. When I replied that Ooltewah was a 4or 5 in the state I was refering to all the post here that are saying they will win the state. I personally don't think they will. I am not taking away anything from the other 4 hundred or so you refer to. So for point 1 you are not following me. I'M NOT A OOLTEWAH FAN. Point 2 is I have never said anything negative about any other team with the exception some did not like me saying that GPS does not give out scholarships to their players when in fact they do. I'M NOT A GPS HATER, THEY HAVE A GOOD TEAM AND WILL PROBABLY WIN THERE DIVISION IN THE STATE. So you really need to read the post's before you reply and remember this is being typed from a computer and you can twist and turn it however you want to. Point 3 is where in the heck is McMinnville.(ROTFLMAO). Please dont twist and turn my post's to make you sound like you know what you are talking about YOUNG MAN.(LOL). Anyway good luck to all of the teams the rest of the way and GO LADY IRISH............................................ Have a great day and sit back and look around you and be glad that all you have to be mad about is the fact you think I am a girl and I love Ooltewah. That's so far from the truth.

Re: Sequatchie-One-run losses to Walker Valley, Father Ryan, Whitwell, Grundy and especially to Hixson were frustrating. It would take a breakdown on numbers, player by player to explain some of that and that's too much criticism for the board. Some things have improved a lot, some of the biggest differences are in overall, game-to-game focus and intensity. The players overall seem more serious in what they're doing. The team is still young with 5, sometimes 6 sophs and a freshman starting but the defense has improved a ton since last year (now watch the jinx with half a dozen errors this Monday). It looks as if a good program is in the works, counting this year there have only been 8 seniors over the last four seasons with quite a few playing less than four years. I think more and more will stick it out which should lead to more success. It's a good time for girls' sports at the school.

I believe Sequatchie will be a team to reckoned with in post-season and for the next few years. The best of luck to all the teams. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I really did not want to keep replying to you but you are so far off base as to what I am talking about I feel I need to reply back to you sarcasim. When I replied that Ooltewah was a 4or 5 in the state I was refering to all the post here that are saying they will win the state. I personally don't think they will. I am not taking away anything from the other 4 hundred or so you refer to. So for point 1 you are not following me. I'M NOT A OOLTEWAH FAN. Point 2 is I have never said anything negative about any other team with the exception some did not like me saying that GPS does not give out scholarships to their players when in fact they do. I'M NOT A GPS HATER, THEY HAVE A GOOD TEAM AND WILL PROBABLY WIN THERE DIVISION IN THE STATE. So you really need to read the post's before you reply and remember this is being typed from a computer and you can twist and turn it however you want to. Point 3 is where in the heck is McMinnville.(ROTFLMAO). Please dont twist and turn my post's to make you sound like you know what you are talking about YOUNG MAN.(LOL). Anyway good luck to all of the teams the rest of the way and GO LADY IRISH............................................ Have a great day and sit back and look around you and be glad that all you have to be mad about is the fact you think I am a girl and I love Ooltewah. That's so far from the truth.

Remember always be a lady. The nail has been hit on the head. You are exposed. I am not now nor have I been mad about anything you have posted. You don't know or understand the process in Division II. I just enjoy reading posts where people say one thing and mean another. Go on back to Hooterville. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Remember always be a lady. The nail has been hit on the head. You are exposed. I am not now nor have I been mad about anything you have posted. You don't know or understand the process in Division II. I just enjoy reading posts where people say one thing and mean another. Go on back to Hooterville. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Again you have no clue......................................

That is sweet !!!

Keep'em coming Bulldog.....my sides are hurting from the laughter.

Polecat

I believe Sequatchie will be a team to reckoned with in post-season and for the next few years. The best of luck to all the teams. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks. That second post was a response to Polecat but I'm sure the players reading it will be appreciate it.

Looking back over the schedule, Greenbrier and Stone might have been the best performances since those teams made it to the state tournament last year-even though every season is different and sometimes you don't see an everyday starting line-up in tournaments. Greenbrier has some losses but the opponents include Riverdale, Rhea, Goodpasture, other good teams.

Thanks. That second post was a response to Polecat but I'm sure the players reading it will be appreciate it.

Looking back over the schedule, Greenbrier and Stone might have been the best performances since those teams made it to the state tournament last year-even though every season is different and sometimes you don't see an everyday starting line-up in tournaments. Greenbrier has some losses but the opponents include Riverdale, Rhea, Goodpasture, other good teams.

.......................such as Portland, etc.

I didn't say every team that has beaten Greenbrier is a really good team, but from taking a quick look at their schedule it seems most of them are-Rossview and Forrest are also tough.

As for GPS, they're pretty darned good. Beat Hixson tonight 9-0, listed with 15 hits and 7 earned runs off a good pitcher:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_126584.asp